Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 40

Author Topic: Pastblasters - Adventures in Wizardry (Turn 55)  (Read 84843 times)

Pencil_Art

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Pastblasters - Adventures in Wizardry (Turn 24)
« Reply #270 on: May 19, 2015, 11:52:37 pm »

Archae looks around in thought. He takes some of the (undoubtedly) burning organic material on the ground, and attempts to fashion a cloak of the ash left behind using thoughtform.

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: May 20, 2015, 11:40:36 pm »

"Thank you for this. Well, lets us go."

Head out into the ash-storm towards the Lake of dream.
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: May 21, 2015, 02:27:22 am »

((Need Caellath and Pancaek))
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: May 21, 2015, 04:49:34 am »

rub my eyes, try to feel if the mushroom had any other effect. follow zikal and flower girl

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Pastblasters - Adventures in Wizardry (Turn 23)
« Reply #274 on: May 21, 2015, 11:34:35 am »

((Been suffering from some manner of tropical disease, the last three days were mostly a blur of headache. And I did post an action to follow the astrologer's suggestion and go with him to whatever shelter he mentioned.))
Follow the Astrologer's instructions but keep a close eye on him.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: May 21, 2015, 07:31:11 pm »

((Been suffering from some manner of tropical disease, the last three days were mostly a blur of headache. And I did post an action to follow the astrologer's suggestion and go with him to whatever shelter he mentioned.))

I see, my bad. The action is somewhat dependent on Pencil_Art's success, however.

Roll 26

"Thank you for this. Well, lets us go."

Head out into the ash-storm towards the Lake of dream.

You leave the hideout and enter into a sun-scorched field of slush and streams. Water trickles past your feet in the direction of depressions in the ground. The Ashstorm is melting all of the snow, which might lead to some trouble in the mountains due to avalanches.

You spot a pillar of steam rising up into the sky from past the edge of the forest. A characteristic sign that there is a lake in there--although once you enter the forest the steam pillar will be hard to see from beneath the canopy.
Lily: The barrier will last about a quarter-hour. The trees are just past the hill, we need to go now.

You make your way to the forest border, where you stumble upon a peasant and his wheelbarrow, full of burnt eggplants. He looks to be sullen, sitting on a roughly-hewn stump with his face buried in his hands. He does not move as you approach.

Your whole body is burned (1)

You have a stack of spell tome pages and a black cover

You have a bloodied ceremonial dagger (Attack power: 3) (attaches to target and Drains it, suppressing it) (remembering a memory teleports this weapon to your hand)

You have a Beech Javelin (Attack power: 3 (thrown), 1 (stab))
You have 10 Javelin memories (lucid)
You have about thirty Hours
You have a royal goblet, a golden watch, and some jewelry

You remember the Lady of Winter
You remember a giant eye
You remember many pixies
You remember a band of Arinthian soldiers and some bandits
You remember a bandit sinking into the ground

rub my eyes, try to feel if the mushroom had any other effect. follow zikal and flower girl

[3][5] The yellow glowing shield around you keeps you from rubbing your eyes. Your hands just sort of... bounce off. But as you follow the others outside the fogginess clears up. The suns burn high in the sky, but looking at them does not seem painful--the yellow layer must be protecting you.
You follow the others into the border of the forest, stumbling upon a sullen peasant whose crop seems to have caught fire. It's Winter, so you're not sure where the crop came from...

As you peer into the forest over the thorny brush and crooked, knobby trunks of the snowpines, you see nothing but endless shadow cast by the tree canopy. A few rays of light peek through gaps where trees have fallen. Eventually, the shadow fades into a mist where the mountains normally pierce the clouds.
It is said that the clouds hold back fallen constellations which fell out of the great river and took refuge in the mountaintops. These forests are much harsher than the gentle woodlands you know.

The burned eggplants remind you that that the trip has made you hungry. A hardy man like you can't go long on an empty stomach, after all!

Your whole body is burned (1)
Your left arm is bruised (1)

You have a schematic of an iron arrow trap

You have a steel axe (Attack power: 1) (Deals piercing damage if the attack connects but fails to pierce)
You have an iron mace (Attack power: 2) (If the target has less than 2 damage, deals piercing damage)

You have a charged large greatbow (Attack power: 3 (charged), 1 (uncharged)) (charging takes one turn of preparation)
You have an uncharged Quickbow (Attack power: 1. Can fire twice per turn. Charging it allows you to fire two arrows per attack, four in one turn)
You have 13 arrows in your quiver (Attack power: 1)
There is one recoverable arrow near the Old Fortress Mound
You have an important scroll in a copper cylinder
You have about one hundred Hours

Archae looks around in thought. He takes some of the (undoubtedly) burning organic material on the ground, and attempts to fashion a cloak of the ash left behind using thoughtform.

Organic material does not burn unless in direct Ashlight. Since the black slime is permeable, you toss some of the remembered foods out onto the street and sure enough, they catch fire.
[5+1][6+1] => 13 You've not only lit the food, however. Your lack of depth perception means awful aim, and the food just happened to land next to the Inn. The flames have melted off some of the Ashstorm-resistant varnish commonly made from snowsaber fat and applied to the surface of buildings. This exposed the flammable wood beneath.
You've just set fire to the Inn, which is creating a lot more Ash than you initially desired. But at least you made quite a few cloaks! You actually have a lot more material than you need, and since each cloak is limited to a certain size, your spell instead created more of them (5 and a half).

The black cloak also protects you from the heat. The material sort of oozes off near the fire, but you can shape it back into place since it is an active magical substance.
Now about the people inside the burning Inn...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

You have a black Cloak of Ash (protects against Ashlight and fire)
You have a green poison slime with Paralysis

You remember a red, blue, and a green spell-slime (weak)

You have a spiny walking stick (Attack power: (attacking head) 2, (attacking other parts) 1)
You have a silversteel falchion (Attack power: (on odd swings) 3, (on even swings) 2)
You remember your time in the wilderness well
You have some sandwiches and citrus
You have a Sprite Trap, labelled with the words "Samantha Magdelene, professor at U.T"
You have seventy-five Hours

Archae seems to have made some slimy cloaks for you so you can make it to the Office without burning up. That was thoughtful of him.

However, he also seems to have set fire to your favorite inn in order to get the raw materials for them. That fiend!
Adept: That's not what I had in mind, traveller... are you going to do something about the people inside that building?

You have a Zweihänder slung on your shoulder (Attack power: 4) (can only be used offensively every other turn)
You have a Katzbalger (Attack power: 2)
You have an arquebus (Attack power: 3) (Your opponent gets an extra positive die to dodge)
You are wearing light plate armor (incoming attacks lose 1 attack power if over 1)
You have about one hundred and fifty Hours

I lower my arm and slightly bow my head for a moment before stepping aside, allowing them to pass unhindered.

The headband guy fires a cable from the apparatus under his sleeve. The line pulls taught and pulls him up to the top of the library shelves. Once on higher ground, he looks surprised and reaches into the bag to pull out a gun with a medium-length barrel, then starts loading it.

The thieves decide to try to kill you instead.
[1][2] The gun is fired at you, and would have hit you. But before the trigger was pulled something thrust you aside and got hit instead. You hear the impact as it's quite close, and as a result of the hit you notice several pieces of some red, white-spotted material flying away from the impact.
The person who pushed you out of the way was Efa, and her hat seems to have exploded and absorbed the bullet. The strange thing is that she had no eyes under the hat. Just a mostly-bald white head with several flat and flexible strips of material hanging down like hair.

Efa: You weren't supposed to get into trouble, dear, now we have to kill them! Can't have rumors going around... what direction are they?

The other thieves pull knives from their belts and draw closer. There are three knifers in total, along with the guy with the gun (currently reloading) and a sulky-looking fellow in the back with a loose hood over his jacket.

It is the 4th hour after noon. Ash is blazing bright in the azure sky, burning all exposed objects and adding +1 to all die in a thoughtform roll.
Expected end of Ashstorm: 7th hour.  (Next hour: Turn 32)
« Last Edit: May 21, 2015, 07:35:54 pm by _DivideByZero_ »

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: May 21, 2015, 11:01:20 pm »

Leonhard stares quite intently at Archae. "Can you please fix what you have just done?" he asks, his apparently polite and calm tone not matching his narrowing eyes and the expression of someone who isn't quite happy with what he's watching.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
Re: Pastblasters - Adventures in Wizardry (Turn 26)
« Reply #277 on: May 22, 2015, 01:35:22 am »

"Seven fools came here to plunder."
"One saw me and filled with wonder."
"Six stand ahead with death in their eye."
"The last used a hook to leap up on high."
"Ahead in the lead come three bearing knives"
"Behind them is a pistolman reloading his prize."
"Farthest in back is a man in a man in a hood"
"And in amoungst the group, a caster has stood."
"He cried out Dead Silence! and their words fell away"
"then they all smiled and pointed weapons my way."
"The one up on top has a longer-barreled gun"
"I am not sure about the last one"
"I maintain slight hope for the first I did meet."
"But less he changes quickly, he'll be nothing but meat."

As I singsong my response I move to a gap between the shelves and bolt through it and then down towards where the one is hiding in the back, but when I pull alongside the knifers I suddenly shift direction and slam myself against the shelf to knock it over on to them. once it is falling I don't wait to stand around watching the results, but instead resume my charge towards the one trying to stay out of combat.

If I make it to him, then I'm going to tackle him.

((You only told me the position / weapons of 6/7 thieves. Which is why there is a line about one I am not sure of.))
« Last Edit: May 22, 2015, 01:39:47 am by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: May 22, 2015, 01:53:33 am »

((You only told me the position / weapons of 6/7 thieves. Which is why there is a line about one I am not sure of.))

You count:
Headband Guy, on top of the shelf.
The Three Knifers (in front of you)
Reloading Gunman (behind the knifers)
Shady Guy (way in the back)

That's six... you're right, there was a seventh one when they first walked up who seems to be missing. You would see him now if he here still here, so he must have disappeared in the chaos.

Pencil_Art

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: May 23, 2015, 11:57:32 pm »

"Damn depth perception."

((Is it possible to vent the atmosphere around the fire or something?))

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: May 24, 2015, 12:45:01 am »

"Damn depth perception."

((Is it possible to vent the atmosphere around the fire or something?))

[1+1][7+1] The fire has not grown past a range of two yards yet. Though an area-of-effect spell (AKA multi-target), a sudden drop in the air pressure would be simple enough to conjure at will and would be very effective at snuffing out the fire.

((The spell has a complexity of +1 since it's a wide area, but not wide enough that it adds to the range criterion. So it works with your "quick simple spellcasts" trait and you won't need a turn of preparation.))

Pencil_Art

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: May 24, 2015, 01:00:26 am »

((Okay.))

Archae spreads his arms and mutters a spell quickly. Drop the air pressure near the fire to snuff it out.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: May 24, 2015, 11:34:58 am »

Willhelm approaches the man sitting near the wheelbarrow. He points to the eggplants.

"Eggs? Blessed are they, who clothe the naked and feed the hungry?"

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: May 25, 2015, 12:29:05 am »

((Waiting on HEN and a response from Pancaek))

Willhelm approaches the man sitting near the wheelbarrow. He points to the eggplants.

"Eggs? Blessed are they, who clothe the naked and feed the hungry?"

The peasant turns his countenance away, having nothing to do with you. The eggplants crack in the sunlight, although the peasant himself seems to be suffering no ill-effects.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: May 25, 2015, 12:12:51 pm »

Willhelm steps a little closer to the peasant

"And lo, though despair and loneliness is all they felt, His gaze was always on them. And He felt pity, for He could not help them. But His faithful could, and help they did."

approach guy, figure out what's bothering him
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 40