Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Little questions  (Read 1970 times)

20firebird

• Bay Watcher
  • how did i get here
    • View Profile
Little questions
« on: March 26, 2015, 12:22:37 am »

1. Is there some way to decrease the speed drop when you're carrying lots of things?
2. Probably a dumb question, but, can you take off clothing to replace it?
3. Can you do anything with fat?
4. Where can I get a metal spear?
5. Is there somewhere I can store my skulls without carrying them?
6. How do I find shopkeepers?
« Last Edit: March 26, 2015, 12:28:04 am by 20firebird »
WHERE DO YOU EVEN GET ENOUGH BABY FOR A PICKAXE? THERE ISN'T ENOUGH BABY.

vjmdhzgr

• Bay Watcher
  • Hehehe
    • View Profile
Re: Little questions
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2015, 01:13:12 am »

1.Drop some things or get stronger. You get stronger by increasing combat skills.
2.Yes.
3.Maybe, what kind of fat is it?
4.Mead Halls are a good place to look. They're the 3x3 square in the human hamlet area that's seperate from the rest of the hamlet.
5.Again a nice mead hall you'll probably come back to is a good choice as the skulls should stay there and it will be easy to remember.
6.Cities. They seem to be a bit rarer these days, but sometimes human civs will have big cities that most likely have walls surrounding them and lots of shops. Also lots of lag. There's not really anything good in shops that you can't get from a mead hall or looking through a few houses from a hamlet so I'd recommend not bothering with them.
Its a feature. Impregnating booze is a planned tech tree for dwarves and this is a sneak peek at it.
Unless you're past reproductive age. Then you're pretty much an extension of your kids' genitalia

SaD-82

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2015, 09:07:38 am »

3. Either melt it for fun or sell it for cash/armor/weapons/nice trinkets.

4. You can craft a spear by using bones (mod name: Wanderer's friend) - if you kill a dragon and take his bones then it's a very strong spear indeed.

6. You don't really need shopkeepers as you can trade with every single person - for me the biggest change to old versions. Some people wear armor far superior to anything I'd seen in any shops. Give them some flowers for their gear and they will happily trade.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2015, 01:44:20 pm »

Well, if you have the bones changed like I do it will be roughly steel, if you use the wanderer's mod version with the strong and weak materials then it will be at least as good as copper I think, normally bone isn't the best weapon material.