Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: ☼Masterwork Reborn☼ - Fortress  (Read 4806 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
☼Masterwork Reborn☼ - Fortress
« on: March 24, 2015, 11:55:05 pm »

Just to raise awareness: Masterwork is slowly creeping into DF40.24. Anyone interested in a dwarf-mode fortress with the new mod? It would be a slow game, showcasting the different new workshops. The mod is brand new and set up very differently from the last time, without any clutter.

This fortress would be aimed at teaching people to play. :)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
Re: ☼Masterwork Reborn☼ - Fortress
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2015, 01:00:53 am »

Could I be dorfed as the carpenter?
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2015, 02:57:01 am »

You could, if there will be a fort. ;)

Edit: Well, I'll be away for ~2 days. Just let me know if there is interest in a tutorial fort.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2015, 04:51:04 am by Meph »
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2015, 02:30:27 am »

I'm certainly interested.
L33tsp34k does to English what Picasso did to faces.

Dwarfopoly
The Luckiest Tourist EVER
Bloodlines of the Forii

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2015, 02:33:25 am »

Make sure you cover choosing your embark race in the tutorial ;)

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2015, 03:04:37 am »

Of course!

xominxac

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Bookkeeper
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2015, 04:40:49 pm »

So does anyone want to start the fort or should I?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2015, 04:32:59 am »

If you want to... I've been offline the last two days, but now arrived in Seoul. Got lots to do.

Make sure you cover choosing your embark race in the tutorial ;)
NEVER! I just link to your profile, so people can keep asking you to post that handy link of yours with the explanation.

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2015, 09:57:54 am »

PTW

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2015, 10:06:05 am »

Hehehe sounds interesting.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2015, 10:07:59 am by 4maskwolf »

xominxac

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Bookkeeper
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2015, 01:11:19 am »

If you want to... I've been offline the last two days, but now arrived in Seoul. Got lots to do.

O great Meph, I thank you for this wonderful honor. May the fort I make bring tears to your eyes. Tears of joy and not sorrow. Tomorrow

(For those of you who didn't get that, Meph is pretty busy guy and he doesn't have a lot of time to build and maintain forts. Seeing as none of you all took the initiative to start a fort, I will.)

The main purpose of this fort will be to showcase all the new/improved additions, and to have ☼Fun☼ of course.

For the sake of those that have no experience with the mod, I will start from the beginning with this link

As for the rest of you, the place you're looking for is right here.

To entice you all to take a look, here is a gif of the layout. Nothing has happened yet, just embarked.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2015, 07:51:44 pm by xominxac »

Illogical_Blox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2015, 04:03:30 pm »

I look forward to it.
Me: "Just imagine a load of dwarves sitting round a table, and one of them says, 'I like stranglers for... for their... their...'"
Brother: "SOFT HANDS!"

xominxac

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Bookkeeper
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2015, 01:51:07 am »

Sorry for the lack of pictures. I'm going to update the imgur tomorrow, for now here's just some descriptions of what happened to far.

15th Granite

The first thing our apostle of Armok did when we arrived was to swear an oath of celibacy. Looks like we wont have little baby apostles running around any time soon.

22nd Granite

Clouds of milk and honey float by and a group of shalswars are on the good side.

21st Slate

A group of undead Giant Black Leucro roam into the land. I haven't set any preparations to defend against anything so far but the mountain tuskox and the shaggy badgerdogs took care of them. The only casualty is the armoks ward. Somewhat suspicious.

The badgerdogs are no match for giant louses though, two are beat down and another giant black leucro corpse appears out of nowhere to finish them off. I have a feeling that the bottom right corner of the map is a reanimating biome. I've sent our apostle of armok to cleanse the corpses and destroy them.

4th Felsite

One badgerdog fought valiantly against a giant louse, tearing it limb from limb and leaving the ground covered in its ichor. Unfortunately for that badgerdog, another giant louse didn't want to have any of that and killed it.

17th Felsite

While going to fetch some wood, one of our miners got a little too close to one of the giant louses. It bruised her before breaking her right hand and fracturing her right forarm and then pushing her into the river. Having had enough fun, the giant louses leave.

21st Hematite

The miner is still going. Her grasp is a bit impaired but other than that, all her other injuries have healed. We've also struck titanite and hematite bearing rock down below just as 3 migrants arrive. One is yet from the carpenters guild, another is an apostle of armok and the third is a peasant.