Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75]

Author Topic: RTD 3 -- Space Wizards for Real  (Read 64551 times)

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
Re: RTD 3 -- Space Wizards for Real
« Reply #1110 on: March 21, 2015, 06:50:57 pm »

Striking again with greater force kenjaro attempts to drive the man back towards the wall.

((Can i spend my skillpoint on "unstoppable force attacks" where whatever i attack with just keeps going regardless of obstacles or interference?))

((That's an interesting idea, though it would have to be conditional, somehow. Can't have you plowing into the core of a planet!

How about:
Unstoppable Force))
((I was thinking more along the lines of attacks being truly unstoppable but it only works on physical attacks and only lasts for as long as the strike takes to complete. Id also want matter to still try to hold together so if i punch a bulkhead for example the whole thing would buckle inwards rather than gaining an arm sized hole.))
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1111 on: March 22, 2015, 09:10:08 pm »

"Yes, actually. Just step back a bit, and watch the magic." I hope this works.

Push the man back a safe distance, and throw the potato box at the alley again. Use geokinesis to speed up the box.
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #1112 on: March 23, 2015, 03:10:59 pm »

Russano is starting to get mildly worried about the radio silence of most of his companions.

Is there going to be a pause at any point? If so, use that moment to make sure the newest acquisition is secured inside the ship. If not, moving on to the next product.

[2] Nope, the next merchant hurries onto the stage and plugs a large wheeled cylinder into the station's power grid. The top half of the cylinder unfolds into a series of monitors, displaying a teal-blue wireframe head from various angles.
You call your crew and entrust your newest acquisition to them for the time being.

The merchant announces that he recovered this module from a derelict ship with a missing crew. He believes it to be an AI computer once linked to the ship, but with the crew of the derelict gone, it seems to have deteriorated. He is selling it to someone who would be willing to find a way to repair it.

Most of the rich folk don't bid on this one. The current bid is roughly 10 SUP and stabilizing, and your competitors are a mercenary ship captain who's in the lead, a local Atonese mechanic, and a doctor who hails from Cyrian space.

Spoiler: AI Sales (click to show/hide)

Hour 3 - Merchant: Moknenos - Salvaged AI Module
Hour 4 - Merchant: Moknenos - In-system Warp Module
Hour 5 - Merchant: Moknenos - Psionic Tractor Beam
Hour 6 - Merchant: Azor - Exotic Wristwatch
Hour 7 - Merchant: Azor - Interstellar Map

Striking again with greater force kenjaro attempts to drive the man back towards the wall.

((Can i spend my skillpoint on "unstoppable force attacks" where whatever i attack with just keeps going regardless of obstacles or interference?))

((Not sure if you agree with the thing I've proposed.))

((That's an interesting idea, though it would have to be conditional, somehow. Can't have you plowing into the core of a planet!

How about:
Unstoppable Force))

[1+2] You drive your opponent away from you, but fail to make any gains yourself. One of the men climbing down the ladder falls, however, and you hear an audible crack when he lands.

Some people have really weak bones owing to a life in space and on low-gravity worlds.

"Yes, actually. Just step back a bit, and watch the magic." I hope this works.

Push the man back a safe distance, and throw the potato box at the alley again. Use geokinesis to speed up the box.

[4] You hear a loud snapping noise as the box impacts the wall. The box itself does not change trajectory--conservation of momentum is not violated, it seems. You retrieve the box when it settles and open it. The potatoes are now gold.
Value roll: [5]

+50 SUP
Current Ship Upgrade Points:

Spoiler: superBlast, AKA Ryan (click to show/hide)
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1113 on: March 24, 2015, 06:49:22 pm »

"That went...better then expected."

Explore the stores on the station for spare DT cartridges and other ammunition.
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1114 on: March 24, 2015, 07:00:30 pm »

((Not really, i wanted it to be a discrete ability rather than an extension of essence transfer.))

ignoring the man on the floor for now kenjaro attempts to assault his opponent once more.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1115 on: March 24, 2015, 09:33:41 pm »

((Not really, i wanted it to be a discrete ability rather than an extension of essence transfer.))

ignoring the man on the floor for now kenjaro attempts to assault his opponent once more.

((Gotchya. I feel like it needs... synergy, somehow, though. How about:

Unstoppable Force
))

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1116 on: March 26, 2015, 02:30:10 pm »

((I see the quest for OPness continues.))

"Anyone interested in fixing a damaged A.I.? It is apparently cheap enough and I have a pet project I could use it for." Russano calls over the team's comms, expecting at least one person to reply. Maybe Ryan? He does have tech-based powers.

Prod the team - specially Ryan - over comms for an answer.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1117 on: March 26, 2015, 03:37:27 pm »

((Maybe im not describing this right. i want an ability that makes my punches and axe swings unstoppable, not a ranged attack.))

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1118 on: March 26, 2015, 04:59:32 pm »

((Maybe im not describing this right. i want an ability that makes my punches and axe swings unstoppable, not a ranged attack.))

((That would imply that the punch or swing keeps going, but I see what you mean. Either way, is the general idea alright? An attack that deals damage to yourself based on how much you break through?))

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1119 on: March 26, 2015, 06:53:43 pm »

((Well if it overtaxed my arm muscles and damaged them based on how hard i hit i could see that working.))

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1120 on: March 26, 2015, 08:33:36 pm »

((I've messaged SuperBlast but no response so far.))

((Well if it overtaxed my arm muscles and damaged them based on how hard i hit i could see that working.))

((Pretty much))
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75]