Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Video files to DVDs  (Read 1126 times)

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
Video files to DVDs
« on: March 27, 2015, 03:17:02 pm »

Does anyone know how to put a video file (such as an .mpeg or .flv) onto a DVD that can be played on a DVD player?

I imagine you need some sort of special program; can anyone reccommend one (preferably a free one)
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Video files to DVDs
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2015, 02:44:30 pm »

Why do i have to check a box hidden in the program's settings to make it actually burn a disk?
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2015, 03:12:09 pm »

Who knows.

That said, while I can't really help with the question, exactly (it's been several years since I've messed around with burning anything cd/dvd wise), I will note it can depend on the DVD player. There's a fair few that will just straight up play data files off a DVD, no need for anything fancy. Might be a good idea to check and see if whatever one you're using isn't one of those, if you haven't already, before you expend any particular effort on the project.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2015, 03:18:29 pm »

If you've got an ancient Mac around anywhere you could use iMovie+iDVD IIRC. :P

Though yeah, honestly I just invested in a cable to let me plug my laptop into projectors/TVs long ago. :-\
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2015, 03:22:32 pm »

Last I did this it was a standard feature on whatever random burning program I was using. Just a matter of hunting around the menus and finding the box to check.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2015, 05:06:02 pm »

Yeah, I did find it; I just find it to be an odd design choice that it isn't checked by default. Other than that it seems to work great!
What is TPP
----------------------
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις