Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Getting undead to path into a fortress?  (Read 4744 times)

gchristopher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Getting undead to path into a fortress?
« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2015, 05:29:14 pm »

Huh, I was pretty sure this is a different bug from 24.11. I observed the undead pathing decisively to player-dug tiles, and then halting. But they were coming from all around the caverns in a 5x5 embark, so it was a long ways for some of them to travel.

If I dug a 2-wide tunnel into the caverns, what was striking is the sharp delineation. The undead would pile up (hundreds of them), in the end of the tunnel, but all of them would be on player-dug tiles, and none of them standing on cavern tiles.

From there, they would start the process of randomly filtering up into the fortress, but it was definitely random motion, both forward and backward. However, they would never randomly walk back into the cavern.

The workaround I posted here was that the undead seem to stall completely, and not make any progress. Making a miner run down an adjacent hallway seems to somehow make the undead start moving again. It still isn't the decisive movement when one gets direct line-of-sight to a target, but it was definitely a lot more forward progress.
Pages: 1 [2]