Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Lost my mountainhome (Facepalm)  (Read 3716 times)

utunnels

• Bay Watcher
  • Axedwarf
    • View Profile
Lost my mountainhome (Facepalm)
« on: March 27, 2015, 09:26:06 pm »

Anvilfaints was my first fort in this new world, it was founded in 1000 by The Dye of Jails of The Tender Hatchet.

At first it was a small seaside fishing village, but the population grew so fast so it eventually became a large city.

In 1001, 772 years after the death of the 16th king, Dumed Scrapedroads, one of the founding seven, became the 17th king of The Tender Hatchet.

The fortress had a small military composed of a handful of legendary warriors. Despite short of soldiers, it defeated many goblin sieges with ease.

In 1002, 1st Moonstone, The Plague of Prestige, a goblin civ found out the fortress and attacked it. The Fierce Conflict began.

In 1006, spring, the last attack force were led by the human Asno Blacknail. The squads contained only humans and trolls. They were so amateur that half of the humans drowned when the ice thawed.

After that the goblins went quiet.

In 1008, Anvilfaints became the mountainhome. The dwarves had forgotten the threat of the goblins.

In 1008, 21st Hematite, The Tender Hatchet launched an expedition to reclaim Razorking, the last known site of the dwarven civ before Anvilfaints.

In 1009, 14th Galena, The Plague of Prestige attacked Anvilfaints and took over the fort. The new government was called The Monster of Shoves.

They must attacked when the dwarves were all sleeping. Because 83 dwarves were struck down by humans! HUMANS! Only 4 humans were killed by the defenders.

They may say a spy disguised as plump helmet man poisoned their booze. But I believe the game compared the number of soldiers of the two forces and sealed their fate.

Anyway, Anvilfaints was lost and the king was slain.

Edit*

I tried to reclaim the fort...but found it almost impossible because of...

TRAITORS!

OK, after revealing the whole map, it appeared there were 100 hostile dwarves.
They didn't attack, though.

« Last Edit: March 28, 2015, 12:02:09 am by utunnels »
The troglodyte head shakes The Troglodyte around by the head, tearing apart the head's muscle!

Risen Asteshdakas, Ghostly Recruit has risen and is haunting the fortress!

Ops Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Lost my mountainhome (Facepalm)
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2015, 12:30:51 am »

Almost isn't quite, cave in the whole fortress with some sappers and then build a top their corpses.

To bad the army arc isn't done yet you could have lead an army to actually reclaim the fortress, rather than seven dwarfs to resettle it.
Likes Goblins for their terrifying features because I can slaughter them with gleeful abandon.

utunnels

• Bay Watcher
  • Axedwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2015, 12:38:30 am »

Well since they don't attack me I decide t leave them alone, for now. I don't want to mess up the rooms and furnitures I spent years to set up.
The troglodyte head shakes The Troglodyte around by the head, tearing apart the head's muscle!

utunnels

• Bay Watcher
  • Axedwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2015, 10:08:05 am »

I managed to cage some of the former citizens.
Is there a tool or dfhack script to convert them? It is a waste to atom-smash them all.

Astrid

• Bay Watcher
  • This is a text.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2015, 11:42:23 am »

Dont atom smash them....

...send them through serrated disc traps. :P

utunnels

• Bay Watcher
  • Axedwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2015, 08:51:04 pm »

Oh, a caged miner gave birth to a baby and the baby was added to the citizen list.

???

I released the miner and she rushed to the baby, but didn't pick him up, and the baby just crawled past her.
LOL
« Last Edit: March 28, 2015, 09:06:58 pm by utunnels »

utunnels

• Bay Watcher
  • Axedwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2015, 09:46:06 pm »

Too bad they can't share a cage.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2015, 03:49:00 am »

You can use tweak makeown on them, but I think you reclaimed with a different civ from the original.

Astrid

• Bay Watcher
  • This is a text.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2015, 03:50:31 am »

Judging their icons it looks as if those Dwarfs turned over to the human civilisation that initially lead the invasion eh?

Reason more to let them all die... horrible, but that's just my inner Armok nitpicking.
Dont think they could be brought back into your civ, anyway arent they starving or something in those cages?

utunnels

• Bay Watcher
  • Axedwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2015, 04:47:10 am »

Judging their icons it looks as if those Dwarfs turned over to the human civilisation that initially lead the invasion eh?
For some reason, caged hostile dwarves display this human icon.

Reason more to let them all die... horrible, but that's just my inner Armok nitpicking.
Dont think they could be brought back into your civ, anyway arent they starving or something in those cages?

No, like embarking using dfhack on another fort, those NPCs don't starve, nor do they attack you.
But maybe I can lock them up and let they make babies for my civ... though it is still a bit pointless since I can always get enough migrants.

You can use tweak makeown on them, but I think you reclaimed with a different civ from the original.

Oh, it works. Is that how they make Cacame part of the civ?

Edit*

Oh, after checking a reverted dwarf, it appered she was still a member of the dwarven group before the site was taken. And she was still in the squad she had been in. Just I couldn't access that squad anymore.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2015, 04:56:34 am by utunnels »

Astrid

• Bay Watcher
  • This is a text.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2015, 06:51:26 am »

Hmm... in the worst case you can still use them as invader deterrent/distraction.
Gives them something to be busy with ya' know...

utunnels

• Bay Watcher
  • Axedwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2015, 07:14:21 am »

I don't know if they will turn to us if the goblins come. After all, they are labeled hostile.

Yeah, but using dfhack is quite boring. Suddenly I got 158 citizens....

Astrid

• Bay Watcher
  • This is a text.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2015, 07:18:52 am »

Hmm... how about HSF food?

utunnels

• Bay Watcher
  • Axedwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2015, 07:31:38 am »

Maybe I can do some !!SCIENCE!!
When the goblins come, I can release some of them.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2015, 11:50:42 am »

Weird things happen in active worlds, I've had forts with the fairly normal goblin queens and such, but I recently found this:

The ones with the grey-blue backgrounds are top left queen, middle left mayor, middle right general, and at the bottom left without a grey-blue background is the champion... all humans.
Pages: [1] 2