Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: [ISG] Doodle Dungeons  (Read 4808 times)

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [ISG] Doodle Dungeons
« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2015, 01:29:31 pm »

Since we got an overwhelming majority for the bulwark, here is what you have gotten us into ;3 - Oh, and some more information about the main-game. Attributes, a better glimpse at the classes and stuff.
Please do decide on our subclass until tomorrow though.

The Wild Valley Bulwark

Inspecting the property, you are still somewhat in awe at how easy it was to purchase. Was the former caretakers son that eager on the small stack of golden coins which you threw his way - or maybe it was to get away from the place?
Well, it's all the same to you.

Looking at the wall itself, it seems to be over five men high, hinting at what horrors may be kept within. Accessed by a steep stairway of stone, the only other feature of notion is the grated brook that flows under the wall. These grates you count to be six of, not sure if to be assured at, or worried about such precautions.

There are Magic Clamps on the torches at the battlement, apparently to ward off against the prowling creatures within. A local druid restores said wards on a monthly basis, one of the few expenses covered by your meagre pay.

While most of the former guards left with the caretaker, some of those who were not of his family chose to stay. They seem experienced and alright enough, so for now you have decided to keep them paid. Tallying these expenses up, you are left with about 200 silvers monthly, enough to feed four people or so.

Not as promising as the walls overshadowing them, there are a few squalid wooden houses and one out of stone. The later - obviously the caretakers abode - has been claimed by you, but the hovels strewn about could easily house fifteen more people.

With great interest, you examine the cages which held the caretaker-families side-income. Dire-Wolf cubs, acquired from the outskirts of the jungle yonder the bulwark. Still clad in the filth of their former inhabitants, one could easily detain people, or keep other animals in the four remaining cages. If you also intend to skin them in the winter, a whole other matter though.

Well then, a glimpse into the mechanics and flavour of the game. As you might notice, some classes get bonus XP for fulfilling certain conditions in a fight / encounter. Too bad some of them just might contradict each other... Fun times.

Edit: Yes. Gods, Yes! After mere 5 minutes of setup, this scanner is cutting all the work down to a fraction from before. We are talking at least 1/15th here. :3
On to scann the rest, yay!
« Last Edit: March 30, 2015, 08:33:34 am by escaped lurker »

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2015, 03:44:58 pm »

Name: Sscral Talis
Race: Lizardkin
Subclass: Necromancer
Residence: The Wild Valley Bulwark

Misunderstood lizardkin who's uses necromancer to help dead pass on.
I'll vote for this for class.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2015, 03:48:15 pm »

Name: Zh'alin Sskilis
Subclass: (Hunter) Beastmaster
Residence: Wild Valley Bulwark

+1
Eh, might as well break the tie.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2015, 03:52:09 pm »

+1
I'd vote for the necrolizard, but I like my necromancers evil. +1 to this.
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

Worldmaster27

• Bay Watcher
  • Doop
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 29, 2015, 03:56:19 pm »

+1
+1

Generally me

• Bay Watcher
  • I look like this IRL
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 30, 2015, 10:33:32 am »

+1
+1
+1

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 30, 2015, 03:08:09 pm »

You are Zh'alin Sskilis, a very male lizardkin.
Also one of the better known Beastmasters around these parts, or rather, as Level 13 Adventurers are sometimes refered to as Master Rank, you are hence a Master Beastmaster.

As such a masterly beastmaster, you have tamed many a wild beast over the years, but eventually you let go of each of them for a variety of reasons. Not this one, tough, as you have found yourself unwillingly to cut your bonds with it.

Obviously, you are talking about: [    ], your trusty:

Wyvern: A lesser drake of mundane nature, this skysnake is prone to bringing you gifts.
Ursal: A massive beast, thought to be blessed by nature. Fearful if driven into combat.
Salamander: A creature from the magmafields, it is capable of smaller feats of fire conjuration.
Waspling: An insect of prodigious size, equipped by nature with venom and claws.
??: Players Choice. Must be a non-sapient beast though.

All of them would hunt enough food to last both of you.

You also were able to acquire a map of the local area. Sadly, as is common practice near the border, it is only a public map, leaving out all but the most basic infrastructure. For now, you have named the tenatively empty white spot that is the Wild Valley, and The Bulwark has been drawn in. You also traced the forestpath and added Lozni, a collection of hunting lodges that grace the path to Olghelm, the later which is the local seat of power.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

~

Having recently made the Wild Valley Bulwark your home, and having gained what may pass as approval by the local authorities, you set out to create some kind of Adventurer Guild.

Obviously, the name it shall bear, was already decided months ago:

Over the course of the next month, you send out notifications to your noteworthy contacts and colleagues in the business. Answering all the inquisitions that follow, leaves you feeling like some kind of magistrate at times. Copious amounts of parchment and ink have travel the road, the local four messengers are know to you by name, and by the end of it all, you have tallied up expenses well over twenty gold.

Still, the reception and circumstances of your retirement have been noted. Amiably even, for the most part. Shoving away those letters trying to jeer or hire you back into the fray, you are still left with a good few documents. Not only that, you also need to finalize just how you will run the guild, and also how to keep it running.

Having made headway with your future policies, you also take note of the different offers of people who are interested in working for you.

Please choose the following:

Your Animal Companion:
The Name of it:
The Name of your Guild-To-Be:
The Policies of your Guild-To-Be:
Fancy any of the Instructors?:

Bonus Option - Fancy an Appearance for Zh'alin?:

Yeah.. welcome to the most Number-Crunching part of the game that you dear players will likely have.
Choosing how the guild earns enough funds to keep everything in order, and, the gods permit, even grow.

Else, quite happy how the scanner and scanning turned out. Also replaced the old pictures with scans.
The next updates will be more artsy again, but todays was a bit racked with mechanic and future direction decisions.

Bonus Choice: Zh'alins Appearance
Every race has their telltale signs to keep the individuals apart. Lizardkin options with which I played around are found bellow. Have fun now~ ;3

1: Vertical Nostrils, Wavy Headspines, Canine-Dagger Teethline
2: Horizontal Nostrils, Headspikes, Hidden Canine-Dagger Teethline
3: Outward Slanted Nostrils, Thorny Headspines, Full-View Teethline
4: Inward Slanted Nostrils, Headspikes, Hidden Canine-Dagger Teethline, Chinspikes
5: Small Circular Nostrils, Outer Headspikes with Crown, Full-View Teethline
6: Big Circular Nostrils, Wavy Headspines, Full-View Teethline
7: Big Circular Nostrils, Plenty Outer Headspikes (w/o Crown), Full-View Teethline

Whoops ;3 - Fixed
« Last Edit: April 02, 2015, 01:59:44 pm by escaped lurker »

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 31, 2015, 04:21:59 am »

((Nonsentient means less intelligent then a plant, since sentience means a creature is aware of itself on some level, and plants are possibly like that. Sapient means able to have functional thoughts. Like a human, or possibly a dolphin.))

As for other stuff, I wanna wait on people's opinions.

Generally me

• Bay Watcher
  • I look like this IRL
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 31, 2015, 12:50:38 pm »

Name
I don't know someone else choose

For animal lets have a Wyvern cause I love them and we won't be doing combat and it brings gifts

Decisions

So for recruitment lets do mercenary office hiring for a few weeks then change to tavern.

For missions all gold they find we will get 10%
And we will sell loot for 75%

Then we will hire the Druid. Later on lets get the orcish raider as well.

Boarding is free if you are getting training if not the its 1 gold

This means in total we will get -11 per week for the first few weeks then -6. That's if no one gets training, tutelage, boarding or loot.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2015, 01:49:22 pm by Generally me »

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 31, 2015, 03:15:05 pm »

Well, I'll just point out that changing policies is possible, and with 800 gold we have enough savings that it should not surprise us if the policies do not work out. Though, really, there are enough ways for us to spend it, depending on what you guys want to improve. ;p

Obviously, taking less money from our charges-to-be, or offering free services, will speed up recruitment, and improve their overall mood, but there is no real way to do any real damage to the future gameplay by this point. As in - Just choose what sounds about right, and we will roll with it / for a while.

As it seems we won't reach a decision today, I only updated the "possible candidate rooster", and some other misc stuff. If there are any questions or inconsistencies, out with them. ;3

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 01, 2015, 04:20:55 am »

+1 wyvern
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 02, 2015, 02:35:00 pm »

Setting up the Guild

Your musings about guild policies are interrupted by the sound of wings, and the thud of something... slightly squishy hitting the ground. Peering outside of the windows, you are greeted by the sight of your Wyvern, and today's dinner - a young stag. Not a whole one though, rather what Glitterscale has left untouched of his hunt. After taking a cut, it is scale-care time for the animal, before it ultimately takes the rest of the corpse into the nearby canopy.

~

After some deliberation, you eventually decide on the orcish druid as your first co-instructor for the place. There is also a note sent to the raider, in which you admit an interest in his service, but no current pupils for him to take. According to his answer, he will send notice when he comes back from a campaign in southern lands for which he has signed up for now. Trouble with some elven shire, or so you hear? He's got your blessing for that one - not that he is likely to need it.

Galusk arrives half a week after the first order of his beloved mead does, and within minutes the cask has been broken open, with both of you reminiscing about bygone times.

Back in Tralborea, you made quite a good team. You would manoeuvre the party away from most of the local wildlife, and any animal that would make it through would either be driven of by yourself, or calmed by the druid. Both of you of even greater wisdom by now, he offers that you could do the same at this place, time allows. The orc also admits that he is currently fishing for information about the valley from his elven contacts, a topic that you take heed to avoid.

All in all, the reunion is very amiable, and for now Galusk has claimed a hovel for himself. Not that you think he will use it often, at least not for sleeping, his preference for spending the night under the sky well-known to you.

~

By now you have already finalized the policies for "The Green Pillar", and sent out the same:
Boarding will only be asked, if the adventurers do not receive training.
Training and tutelage will  be given at normal prices.
A tenth of the gold found on missions will go to the guild treasury.
Loot will be bought at Three Quarters.

There is ample interest, mostly generated by your old peers, but the mercenary office also sends two seasoned adventurers your way.

The following Candidates only want in on the condition to be given a full position in a team of 4;

Nif Arleik, Human, Level 2 Beastmaster, Neutral Good
Somewhat of a pupil of yours, you showed him some of the ropes until half a year ago. Even back then he requested extended tutelage from you. While he would be an obvious pick from a personal and adventurers point of view, this being orc lands, he would need to rely on the guild heavily.

Sux'osmlo Zoradato, Goblin, Level 3 Animist, Chaotic Neutral
Sent your way by the mercenary offices, he has some experience under his belt. Hailing from a southern province, he plans on taking up the mantle of a Spirit-Talker in the near future.

Resm'osnug Dotomsox, Ethical Goblin, Level 3 Dark Mage, Lawful Evil
Pickchild of a retired Snatcher, the later of which you occasionally worked together with some way back. The mothers letter makes her seem quite proud of this specific "daughter", but as she also proclaims the later to be an "Ethical" Goblin, her blood is assuredly not from any tribesland race. Dead-Set on becoming a Warlock.

Vathug Lahr, Orc, Level 2 Hunter, Neutral
The other mercenary candidate which is up to snuff. Not much of a record just yet, but also barely of age. If he is diligent enough, you are sure to make something out of him. Still undecided on his path, too.

Ss'er Vuzh, Lizardkin, Level 2 Fighter, Neutral Evil
Lass is a fierce one, which you have met before as an adolescent. Adventuring runs in her family, and unless she changed in the meantime, you are quite sure that this one has what it takes. Plans on walking the path of the Berserker.

Olmor Nar-Nok, Orc, Level 2 Clergy, Lawful Neutral
Having joined the flock of Golmag's Faithful recently, this one would gladly soldier against any who would disobey divine orcish law, taking payments in blood. That is to say, deploying this Zealot-to-be only into the valley, might not be utilizing his talents to their fullest.

There are also some, well, peasants, hoping to join your venture:
Safe one, you can't even be bothered to remember their names.

Zass'lin Ssorm, Lizardkin, Level -1 Wannabe-Slayer, Neutral
This Grand-Nephew from the son of your older sister is about to come of age... (Damn, Lizard, you are really getting old. Just when did that rascal grow up anyways?) E-either way, he has somehow set it into his head to become an adventurer. Clearly a liability, your family wants someone to take care of him who probably won't send him on suicide missions.

Some Goblin, Level -2 Hick-with-a-prick Fighter, Chaotic Evil

Some Orc, Level -1, Hopeful Highwayman Brigandier, Neutral Evil

Please choose the following:

4 Candidates for the future team:
Any of the Peasants that strike your fancy:

Classes & Advancement
Once a Base Class finishes its 5th level, they advance to level 1 of their chosen Sub-Class.
Civilians that are not "up to snuff" for an adventurer rank, are given Minus-Ranks instead. Once they finish level -1, they advance to the 1st level of their Base Class.

Portrait of Zh'alin Sskilis

Well then, let's get this show on the road.
I took the liberty of filling in any blanks... ;o

Glacies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 02, 2015, 03:26:12 pm »

Resm'osnug Dotomsox sounds cool! Bring them on board.

Generally me

• Bay Watcher
  • I look like this IRL
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 02, 2015, 03:28:17 pm »

Choose
Sux
Nif
Ss'er
Olmer

I'm not picking the dark mage cuz 1. He evil 2. We already have a mage and 3. Because we can't train him

Also all the peasants
« Last Edit: April 02, 2015, 03:35:05 pm by Generally me »

Glacies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 02, 2015, 03:30:53 pm »

Take on all the peasant-types too!
Pages: 1 [2] 3