Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10

Author Topic: Nulyep's Arena: Round 2 - Turn 11  (Read 9628 times)

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Nulyep's Arena: Round 1 - Turn 4
« Reply #45 on: April 02, 2015, 10:20:57 am »

:o omg i won :o
((Not for long. The RNG is a fickle being. It does not favor someone for long. Sooner or later it will doom you, just like how it doomed me.

I still want to stab you in the face for some reason.))
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

Delekates

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 02, 2015, 10:38:41 am »

(( ok, try ))
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
my main lang is russian. Still i hope we understand each other :3

Generally me

• Bay Watcher
  • I look like this IRL
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 02, 2015, 11:58:34 am »

Defend

((Also he shouldn't get a +3 attack because there wasn't a difference of ten.mwait no doesn't matter he got a crit. Still unfair though I got 1 off his roll and he still got a counter. Maybe you should include agility for a counter because you have to be fast enough to react.))
« Last Edit: April 02, 2015, 12:06:14 pm by Generally me »

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 02, 2015, 05:42:51 pm »

I hate you too, RNG.

Have another sheet.

Sorry, I won't be restarting this game after it ends. I'll be sure to remember the debt I owe in my next game, though.

Defend

((Also he shouldn't get a +3 attack because there wasn't a difference of ten.mwait no doesn't matter he got a crit. Still unfair though I got 1 off his roll and he still got a counter. Maybe you should include agility for a counter because you have to be fast enough to react.))
He got a counter because he got a critical, you didn't, and your roll added up to 11 while his added to 17. I won't add that last thing because his shield - from now on - requires more things to go his way in order for a counter to be possible. You may want to pick another action to do.

New rule - counter-attackers now have a conditional initiative of 100 assuming they attack the person they have a counter-attack bonus against.
New rule - mana replenishes 1 point per turn.
New rule - the Defend action increases a person's parry/evade chance by +3 until the next turn at the sacrifice of their ability to counter-attack or attack until the next turn.

(( :o omg i won :o , i am interested in ice barrier. ))
I'm having trouble visualising what an ice barrier will look like. Will it be all around you or is it a wall or something?

EDIT: Another reason why I'm not requiring AGI to counter-attack is because the requirements for doing so have already been met. Either the defender has opened up a position of counter-attack with a good parry or they've dodged out of the way and into a good counter-attack position. In the case of a bad attack roll, it's the attacker who've opened themselves up to counter-attack all on their own.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2015, 10:53:52 pm by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Delekates

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 02, 2015, 06:40:00 pm »

all around me is OP, it will be like Shield i guess against person i choose. So its Wall kinda.
so maybe if u upgrade it u can 360* urself but imo - OP.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 02, 2015, 07:27:19 pm »

It won't be OP if it has a high mana cost.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Delekates

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 02, 2015, 08:40:50 pm »

if it has high mana cost then u need to be a mage :D Pure mage i mean.
so i need Defence, not invincibility, OK? :D

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 02, 2015, 11:06:52 pm »

Ice Wall - A wall of ice crystals rising from the ground a few centimetres from the casting hand. The casting hand must touch the ground in order to work.
T1 - Chest-high wall made of crystals: 5 mana
T2 - Man-height wall made of crystals OR chest-high with solid ice (solid ice cancels up to a T1 bolt): 8 mana
T3 - Man-height wall made of solid ice, ranged cast*: 12 mana
T4 - Cancels T2 bolt: 17 mana
T5 - Cancels T3 bolt: 23 mana

New rule - getting 2 or more counter-attack conditions will trigger a free, immediate attack with a +3 bonus. This attack can be dodged or parried but cannot be countered.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2015, 11:12:16 pm by Andres »

Delekates

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 03, 2015, 02:41:10 am »

Delekates
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
(( Ill do final changes when finished.))
« Last Edit: April 03, 2015, 02:45:58 am by Delekates »

Delekates

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 03, 2015, 02:45:24 am »

((how does it look like? I cast ice wall and its appear on place i placed hand or i have at least a bit of range? ))

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 03, 2015, 04:05:51 am »

It'll appear a few centimetres in front of your hand, meaning you'll have to crouch down to do it. T1 is good for blocking or reducing ranged attacks since the wall will be high enough to cover you since you'll be crouched, but it's not very good when it comes to melee since the person can just attack you over the wall.
You'll need T2 to protect from melee and even then your safety depends on what weapon your enemy has. Slash attacks won't do much against the wall but blunt attacks will. Stab attacks won't do much more damage than slash attacks in terms of total wall damage but they're still capable of hitting what's on the other side if it's a decent enough stab.
At T3 when the wall becomes made of solid ice instead of multiple crystals you'll only have to worry if your enemy has a blunt weapon and even then it'll probably take two or three turns to break.

Delekates

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 03, 2015, 04:58:02 am »

(Okay so it looks like i can dance around with it.
How about casting speed? Can i kinda counter atacks with ice wall, something like sudden appearing of wall will confuse an enemy and may even smack in to it if it tall or he will slip on it cuz its hard to jump over it if its like 90cm? or its more like defensive orientated spell?)
« Last Edit: April 03, 2015, 05:02:57 am by Delekates »

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 03, 2015, 05:10:49 am »

(()) is used for designating OOC chatter to differentiate between it and IC communications. Since nothing here is IC, feel free to go without it.

For casting speed, it's near instant though you'll need initiative to use it before your opponent's action. It's a defensive spell and won't harm your enemy at all. Your opponent won't need to jump over it since they can just attack over it if it's chest-high and they can run around it or break through it if its man-high.

Delekates

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 03, 2015, 05:31:26 am »

ok.
Looks shitty, wont even choose words, just shitty. But nvm, what have been seen cannot be unseen :D
i mean there is no1 i can use it against right now.
May u include restriction? Ice wall only avaible after T1 Ice blast. Would be great.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2015, 05:35:51 am by Delekates »

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 03, 2015, 05:35:32 am »

Do you want to respec? It's not too late.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10