Advanced search  

Author Topic: HELP  (Read 1305 times)

jrrocks1

• Bay Watcher
  • Armoks Sword in the Night
    • View Profile
HELP
« on: March 28, 2015, 07:58:43 pm »

For some reason my dwarves are not wearing armor i assigned them in a uniform, there is probably a easy fix but i do not know it. Help!!!!!
From the forests of Elves, To the shores of Humans, To the Towers of Goblins, We fight our own battles, On land and on Sea, We fight for glory, We fight for gold, We are proud to call ourselves
A Dwarven Viking

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
  • Slowly descending into madness
    • View Profile
Re: HELP
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2015, 09:14:39 pm »

You can force them to wear armor by telling them to replace their clothes instead of wearing it over them. You can also assign specific armors rather than just categories. The first is a common mistake, since dwarves often wear normal clothes that fill armor slots you need to be metal and not cloth, but the latter is more reliable, albeit more laborious than just giving them basic armor rules.

LMeire

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Troglodytes for their horradorability.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2015, 03:14:55 am »

Disable any hunting, mining, and/or woodcutting labors on them; those jobs have secret uniforms that replace military equipment to ensure that they don't start working without a crossbow, pick, or axe respectively.
"☼Perfection☼ in the job puts pleasure in the work." - Uristotle

Saiko Kila

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven alchemist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2015, 06:24:26 am »

It is possible to mix armour with clothes, but some clothes are incompatible with armour pieces, like cloth caps (they started with) and helmets, or shoes and boots. Easy way to use both civilian clothing and armour is to order dwarves to replace, then, after they actually replaced unwanted pieces, allow them to wear over clothing.

Bigheaded

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2015, 11:23:28 am »

It is possible to mix armour with clothes, but some clothes are incompatible with armour pieces, like cloth caps (they started with) and helmets, or shoes and boots. Easy way to use both civilian clothing and armour is to order dwarves to replace, then, after they actually replaced unwanted pieces, allow them to wear over clothing.

something like this. I personally have them running around in just armor, cos i'm mean like that :P
They don't seem to notice, as long as they get to kill stuff they're the happiest dwarves in my fort!
Dear Urist McStockpileDrone
I just found a barrel which contained a wheelbarrow. Inside the wheelbarrow was another barrel. I don't even understand how that is possible.

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
  • Slowly descending into madness
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2015, 12:28:52 pm »

something like this. I personally have them running around in just armor, cos i'm mean like that :P
They don't seem to notice, as long as they get to kill stuff they're the happiest dwarves in my fort!
Well, if you have full suits or armor that's all well and good, but if you neglected to make greaves/leggings then suddenly your entire military starts losing their legs and you don't know why...

jrrocks1

• Bay Watcher
  • Armoks Sword in the Night
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2015, 01:28:17 pm »

Don't worry i have greaves
From the forests of Elves, To the shores of Humans, To the Towers of Goblins, We fight our own battles, On land and on Sea, We fight for glory, We fight for gold, We are proud to call ourselves
A Dwarven Viking