Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: Tactical Dungeon Crawler: resuming updates soon: asking questions  (Read 11195 times)

Moghjubar

• Bay Watcher
  • Science gets you to space.
    • View Profile
    • Demon Legend
Re: Tactical Dungeon Crawler
« Reply #60 on: January 06, 2015, 03:35:06 am »

Week 46 also-no-progress update: finished with The Repopulation and then I got sick, so been recovering.  Hopefully this week I'll get back into it so I can implement A* and then work on finalizing a real game loop.
Steam ID
Making things in Unity
Current Project: Demon Legend
Also working on THIS! Farworld Pioneers
Mastodon

Moghjubar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Demon Legend
« Reply #61 on: January 13, 2015, 02:58:05 am »

Week 47 update: AGDQ distracted me quite a bit but managed to do some A* work, yay!  Just a little bit more and I can call upon all the npcs ever to find and eat players everywhere.
Steam ID
Making things in Unity
Mastodon

Moghjubar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Demon Legend
« Reply #62 on: January 20, 2015, 01:16:57 am »

Week 48 update: Did good until the week (and no sleep) hit me hard, but I've got tests wrote and a dummy AI ready to step thru them.  Just gotta go thru that, look at path lengths and fix any weird things that crop up and hopefully nothing catches on too much fire.
Steam ID
Making things in Unity
Mastodon

Moghjubar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Demon Legend
« Reply #63 on: January 27, 2015, 01:34:21 am »

Week 49 terrible week update: no real progress, week hit me hard taking care of family member, and now I need to set up computer in kitchen a bit more favorably before I can easily program during the short breaks that do exist.
Steam ID
Making things in Unity
Mastodon

Moghjubar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Demon Legend
« Reply #64 on: May 06, 2015, 07:33:22 pm »

General update: Death in the family finally hit, recovering now, but I plan to come back to this soon.  A few questions/discussion first though;

I had originally done every week updates as a way to keep motivation going, even with the occasional "no progress" update I wanted to still show I was working on the project as much as I could.  Is once a week updates too much?  Also, regardless of update schedule, should I simply update the main post and not post a new reply if little gets done?

I'll probably finish getting my website going too, and will try to do update-blog on the main page.  I probably wont start doing twitter or anything for awhile... but I am a bit curious: how do most people here check up on their games watchlist?  Twitter posts? Facebook? Main game site updates? Forum discussions?  I know I rarely check twitter and mainly check website updates here, and occasional forum discussions for in depth stuff.

On actual game status: basically where it was before, gotta finish that pathfinding, but I'm working on an old project that I went to update while I was sitting in hospital in order to do some resolution fixes/etc.

Steam ID
Making things in Unity
Mastodon

HavingPhun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 06, 2015, 08:31:54 pm »

...but I am a bit curious: how do most people here check up on their games watchlist?  Twitter posts? Facebook? Main game site updates? Forum discussions?  I know I rarely check twitter and mainly check website updates here, and occasional forum discussions for in depth stuff.
First of all, I am sorry for your loss. Even though I have just noticed this, I wanted to congratulate you on keeping with this for so long. I feel that the greatest problem for me is that I work on something for a few weeks consistently and then suddenly drop it off and only work on it sometimes.

I would say that I enjoy to just check twitter or an rss client if I want quick updates, then go to the website from there. They are just quicker than having to go directly to the site. But, when I don't have access to them, I just look for new posts on a thread, and periodically check on the dev logs.

If you don't mind me asking, how much do you have to pay for your website? One of my friends has one, it doesn't cost much for the actual hosting fees, but registering the domain was something like $100.

Moghjubar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Demon Legend
Re: Tactical Dungeon Crawler: resuming updates soon: asking questions
« Reply #66 on: May 07, 2015, 11:08:00 am »

Domain registration was pretty cheap: one of those deals where its cheap hosting and such for like supposedly $6 a month but you get a year registration deal (which turned out to be about $12).  Basic services, but its fine because I wasn't exactly using the website much.... though of course after the intro deal its going to start costing me more.

Steam ID
Making things in Unity
Mastodon

HavingPhun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Tactical Dungeon Crawler: resuming updates soon: asking questions
« Reply #67 on: May 09, 2015, 05:41:29 pm »

Domain registration was pretty cheap: one of those deals where its cheap hosting and such for like supposedly $6 a month but you get a year registration deal (which turned out to be about $12).  Basic services, but its fine because I wasn't exactly using the website much.... though of course after the intro deal its going to start costing me more.
Well, that actually isn't too bad, I figured it would be worse. I checked and it turns out my friend just has to pay a yearly $100 fee, plus the one time registration fee.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]