Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: magma forging  (Read 3006 times)

Dwarf_Fever

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: magma forging
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2015, 04:22:36 pm »

I played 3 or 4 games in a row in 40.x where there were no snatchers, thieves, ambushes or sieges for many years in a row, restarting each time because I thought it was a bug, so I just gave up on it... too simcity for me. :P
"Whatever exists, having somehow come into being, is again and again reinterpreted to new ends, taken over, transformed, and redirected by some power superior to it; all events in the organic world are a subduing, a becoming master, and all subduing and becoming master involves a fresh interpretation, an adaptation through which any previous 'meaning' and 'purpose' are necessarily obscured or obliterated."

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2015, 04:32:19 pm »

I know that feel, brah. Bastiongate's last siege was six years ago, and I can't even remember when the last time the goblins or humans came was. The most interesting thing to visit my fort lately was a roc that got caught pretty quickly in my trap perimeter.

Authority2

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC: INCREASE_FPS: REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2015, 01:24:37 am »

Ooh, here's a trick. Ash is fireproof, but so is charcoal (the game only checks to see if it melts or heatdams, not if it burns). This means you can skip the ash entirely and build stuff out of charcoal.
"But I tell you what the Queen wants is impossible. The story of her mandate to create floodgates in our desert fortress cannot be told in less than 314160 stanzas! Art bows not to any dwarf!"
Pages: 1 [2]