Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Ghost fortress?  (Read 9752 times)

utunnels

• Bay Watcher
  • Axedwarf
    • View Profile
Re: Ghost fortress?
« Reply #30 on: April 04, 2015, 08:07:16 am »

Oh, I got another violent ghost. And I got two dorfs whose legs and arms were tore off by ghosts.

It seems there's a hidden ghost population cap? Because I slabbed two ghosts and two new ghosts popped up.
The troglodyte head shakes The Troglodyte around by the head, tearing apart the head's muscle!

Risen Asteshdakas, Ghostly Recruit has risen and is haunting the fortress!

Pwned dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 04, 2015, 01:40:06 pm »

Hang on, can't ghosts appear after burial if you unbury them? That is, if you bury a corpse and then deconstruct the coffin?

If that's so, the easiest way would just be to run a fort for awhile, then open all of that stuff up and watch the show.
that makes ghosts that murder everyone

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 04, 2015, 02:04:12 pm »

Hang on, can't ghosts appear after burial if you unbury them? That is, if you bury a corpse and then deconstruct the coffin?

If that's so, the easiest way would just be to run a fort for awhile, then open all of that stuff up and watch the show.
that makes ghosts that murder everyone

So, yes then?

I am going to build the largest and most opulent fort possible, and then do this and visit it in adventurer mode.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Pwned dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 04, 2015, 02:17:30 pm »

This time I received 18 migrants and I got a message: Some migrants have arrived, despite the danger.
Obviously the rumor had spred....

Then I locked all of them in a room so they would eventually starved to death.

But every time I did that, someone or something unlocked the door for them...

It is terrifying!

No matter, I removed the door and constructed a wall in its place using a piece of coke.
Ghosts can go through doors, unlocking them on the way

utunnels

• Bay Watcher
  • Axedwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 04, 2015, 09:40:23 pm »

Yeah, I saw that at the end of the wiki page...

Anyway, guys, I just retired my first ghost fortress...it was quite eventful and fun but I ran out of ideas.
After murdering several merchants, I realised other races couldn't turn ghosts...and the ghosts couldn't harm other races either.

But wait, maybe I just got myself another problem... :-\
The troglodyte head shakes The Troglodyte around by the head, tearing apart the head's muscle!

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 05, 2015, 02:31:37 am »

You're right, it isn't easy to go to war with dorfs and you don't have any towers there, otherwise it's so beautiful I could cry.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #36 on: April 05, 2015, 03:26:03 am »

I used correctly, violent invaders should only add to your repertoire of violent ghosts. I'm sure there is some DFhack plugin somewhere that would allow you to claim enemy invaders as your own citizens, making them eligible for ghost attacks.

utunnels

• Bay Watcher
  • Axedwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 05, 2015, 06:39:30 am »

You're right, it isn't easy to go to war with dorfs and you don't have any towers there, otherwise it's so beautiful I could cry.

Maybe the red war words don't mean MY civ is at war with them? Because my new fort is still visited by the elven caravan.

Pages: 1 2 [3]