Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Harder Mining stuck on?  (Read 1140 times)

cronixia

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Harder Mining stuck on?
« on: March 30, 2015, 10:10:12 pm »

I searched the internet up and down and couldn't find a solution to this problem I'm having.

While using the masterwork mod (6.2), I'm still getting warpstone (stable + unstable) that is being generated even though harder mining option is off (red x). I'm finding it by doing a 'prospect all' dfhack command before the embark, and a 'reveal all' command once I do a test embark, and there it is. Is there some special way of generating a world to make sure warpstone doesn't generate?
I'm not sure if coal dust is generating, but if warpstone is there, I can imagine coal dust being in game also, which I don't want.

Thanks.

edit: I'm generating a world through the 'Create new world: Standard', if that helps. I've generated multiple worlds, and they all do it.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2015, 10:13:04 pm by cronixia »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: Harder Mining stuck on?
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2015, 10:26:27 pm »

This is not a bug. Warpstone is used in several reactions, from FB mutation to fancy gnomish tech and is available even with HarderMining:Off.

Coal dust, hidden fun features (balrogs for example) etc are gone. As are the negative effects from Warpstone! The button removes the syndromes from it, it's just another rock. It's no longer deadly.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

cronixia

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2015, 09:27:51 am »

Ooo wow, you learn something new everyday. Thanks for the fast response. This had me stumped for the longest time. I'm trying to do a human embark and I didn't want anything bad underground because of the quarry style of mining humans do. I had another question related to the topic as well.

If I made skylights for an underground mine, how far does the 'light' spread once it hits the bottom? Trying to figure out if I want to do a quarry and strip mine everything, or old fashion mining with a certain amount of skylights build it.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2015, 12:26:27 pm »

doesnt spread, it's only the one tile. You can look at the tile with 'k', it will say "light"
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

LMeire

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Troglodytes for their horradorability.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2015, 07:57:27 pm »

I've never found skylights to be necessary, as staying underground doesn't affect humans very quickly or severely enough to completely halt productivity. It should be fine if you have them work in shifts, with one group idling or working outside until the mining group starts getting too dizzy and slow before you make them switch places- that's how I usually do it.
"☼Perfection☼ in the job puts pleasure in the work." - Uristotle