Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: being the rightful heir, has inherited the baroness of  (Read 4336 times)

Ifeno

• Bay Watcher
  • UristMcSoldier is an enemy of the Twinkling Incest
    • View Profile
being the rightful heir, has inherited the baroness of
« on: March 30, 2015, 08:21:48 am »

So one of my Fortress Guard seems to have recently inherited a Barony.  What's interesting to note is that she seems to have inherited the Barony of Gemgale.  My fortress's name is Regalhelms.  So I now have a resident Baron of ANOTHER city?  Does this mean I can no longer get a Baron of my own?  If this here Baron were to somehow...vanish...would that mean that her son who is presumable still in Gemgale would become the next Baron of Gemgale?  If so, would I also be able to get a fresh, new, Baron of Regalhelms?
ive gotten in the habit of replacing my chief medical dwarf as soon as he gains any notable skill in diagnosis.
It's really funny watching them do unnecessary surgery because of a wrong diagnosis.
the conditions were bad enough to turn a dwarf who didn't care about anything mad, that's pretty hardcore.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
Re: being the rightful heir, has inherited the baroness of
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2015, 09:01:33 am »

As far as I know, having a baron for a different site doesn't prevent you from getting your own. The position is hereditary, so the child should inherit if she dies.
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

Ifeno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2015, 09:45:03 am »

Oh boy, 2 barons under 1 roof sounds like a trainwreck waiting to happen...   :-\
ive gotten in the habit of replacing my chief medical dwarf as soon as he gains any notable skill in diagnosis.
It's really funny watching them do unnecessary surgery because of a wrong diagnosis.
the conditions were bad enough to turn a dwarf who didn't care about anything mad, that's pretty hardcore.

Foxite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2015, 09:47:37 am »

Cue the mandates.
The best way to demonstrate it to him is take a save of 40 year old fortress with 150 dwarves in it on a good sized embark with a volcano that just breached the circus and install it on his gaming rig and watch it bring his rig to its knees.

slothen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2015, 10:59:17 am »

does the other baron have associated demands/room expectations/mandates ?
While adding magma to anything will make it dwarfy, adding the word "magma" to your post does not necessarily make it funny.
Thoughts on water
MILITARY: squad, uniform, training
"DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF." -NW_Kohaku

Ifeno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2015, 12:53:09 pm »

yep

Diamond

• Bay Watcher
  • Did someone just say "elves" ?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2015, 02:37:23 pm »

yep
Well, now you have a valid reason to make them two fight to death.
THERE CAN ONLY BE ONE

KingKaol

• Bay Watcher
  • This is a magma.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2015, 03:19:50 pm »

I had an inherited baronness, and then appointed one of my dwarfs as the local baron (who then became king). Only the king was issuing mandates, though one time the barronness did have a demand.

Ifeno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2015, 01:08:01 am »

I had an inherited baronness, and then appointed one of my dwarfs as the local baron (who then became king). Only the king was issuing mandates, though one time the barronness did have a demand.

Perhaps he the barronness didn't have any specific mandateable item preferences that would trigger her to make a mandate?

Ifeno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2015, 01:08:44 am »

yep
Well, now you have a valid reason to make them two fight to death.
THERE CAN ONLY BE ONE

I think it would be appropriate to arm them with whatever item they mandate.

KingKaol

• Bay Watcher
  • This is a magma.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2015, 02:33:07 pm »

Perhaps he the barronness didn't have any specific mandateable item preferences that would trigger her to make a mandate?

Yep, I just checked and that was it. The only preferences she had were for materials and colors, no items.

Moonshadow101

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2015, 01:47:04 pm »

I've had six barons in a single fort. When a nearby goblin society starts marauding through your own, they can cut up a lot of old families, leaving behind just the ones that fled to you.