Advanced search  

Author Topic: Zombies  (Read 771 times)

StupidElves

• Bay Watcher
  • I coveted that wind, I suppose.
    • View Profile
Zombies
« on: March 31, 2015, 03:59:09 pm »

So, I genned up a world and I read through legends like I usually do, and then I saw something weird. A zombie hydra.

It says that it was reanimated through unknown forces. I read through the legends, expecting it to have been reanimated by some unknown necromancer or something, but to my surprise it appears that it has always been dead.

Was it reanimated by a god? A demon? An Elven concubine with the secrets of life and death etched into her back? That is one of my favorites!

Also, do I make an adventurer to kill it? Y/Y?
« Last Edit: March 31, 2015, 04:04:37 pm by StupidElves »
Accidentally made over 5000 copper maces once. I have no idea how that happened.

GENERATION 29:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Man In Zero G

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Zombies
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2015, 07:21:12 pm »

Nah, these have been in the game forever. Way longer than curses and slabs and necromancers. I'm pretty sure it's because the beastie's lair was placed in a haunted or otherwise undead-themed biome. You know the ones- where all the native animals start off undead instead of alive. So like everything else there, it's swapped over to undead status at the start of history.
Quote from: Toady One
Their lack of eyes should stop them from crying.
Just watching dwarves make poor decisions repeatedly as I fix their little minds...
I haven't checked since I'm not doing bugs until after the release (well, I'm doing bugs, in the additive sense).