Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: (Sci-Fi MMOFPS) Project Genom  (Read 2476 times)

Kenpokiller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
(Sci-Fi MMOFPS) Project Genom
« on: April 01, 2015, 06:38:05 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
For more artstyle please visit their facebook page.

Project Genom is developed by a small indie studio.
The project is at the alpha testing stage.
The game is expected to be available for Steam Early Access shortly.
Project Genom is a new MMORPG shooter in a sci-fi setting on Unreal Engine 4.
Closed alpha-test is set to kick off on April 10.
Need invite? Register on official game forum
All who want to be a part of the alpha should apply here: http://pgenom.com/tester-form/

Official
http://pgenom.com/

Teaser
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Yy-EvA3OrE&feature=youtu.be

First gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jqvl8X1MV98

Project Genom features:
- quality graphics on Unreal Engine 4
- detailed role-playing system that allows players to level up with no limits to skill levels
- pets
- endless possibility to craft and enhance items
- advanced economic system allowing players not only to sell items to shops, but also to other players via auction
- land and air transport
- advanced PvP that in addition to free zones and battle arenas includes a system of traps, ambushes and looting
- system of clans and raids
- no pay-to-win!

"pvp still in progress. its big work, biggest than pve"
"project genom more RPG than firefall"
"depending on the quests and crafting the player can become one of 6 characters:
Ghost
Assaulter
Saboteur
Phantom
Sniper
Infantryman"

"The process of creating a character and the emotional element are very important, and we’ll certainly pay attention to these aspects at later stages of development.
The majority of questions concerning the replayability will be possible to answer to only once the game is complete. We are constantly working on the balance of weapons, armor, special equipment, development builds, abilities, and character stats, and we will do our best to make the game as captivating as it possibly can be. But it’s important to remember that at the moment the game is at the alpha testing stage and some things will still need some fine tuning."

"The maximum number of members in a party is expected to be 5. The power of mobs in dungeons and the reward for them depend on the number of players and the level difference among party members. The power of mobs in the outside world will remain fixed but the more a party member destroys enemies, the less experience each party member gets. That’s why choosing a party should be taken seriously."

I have a feeling this engine will shake up the F2P world and render a lot of models completely obsolete. The games i've played thusfar were very enjoyable.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2015, 07:37:07 pm by Kenpokiller »

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
Re: (Sci-Fi MMOFPS) Project Genom
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2015, 06:52:35 pm »

sweet blue hell, spoiler those buggeroff huge pictures
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Kenpokiller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2015, 07:37:50 pm »

Oops  :P

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2015, 11:23:39 pm »

-eh, the bulk of this is copy/pasted from another thread made on Eurogamer.net, which they nuked. Make of it what you will.-
« Last Edit: April 01, 2015, 11:27:58 pm by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2015, 11:42:14 pm »

What was enjoyable so far? Where's the hook? What makes it good? You just listed a bunch of features that, basically, periphal to the meat of the game; an incomplete concept.

In other words, can you explain more clearly why I should care about this game in particular, and why it will "change the free to play market"?
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Kenpokiller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2015, 08:04:02 pm »

What was enjoyable so far? Where's the hook? What makes it good? You just listed a bunch of features that, basically, periphal to the meat of the game; an incomplete concept.

In other words, can you explain more clearly why I should care about this game in particular, and why it will "change the free to play market"?

I said Unreal Engine 4. Why? Go look how it operates :).

Pre-Alpha testing will start the 10th. This is all we know, basically you didn't read thread.

"Will be more RPG then Firefall"@Dev
Less restrictions and the easy one: probably less bugs in Pre-Alpha then Firefall now :')

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2015, 08:30:54 pm »

Still haven't said anything about whay I should care. I don't care about it running on Unreal 4, I want gameplay details. It doesn't matter how good it looks if the gameplay is shit, no matter what AAA devs would like you to believe
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2016, 02:21:39 pm »

Its in Early Access on steam

From what I've read, its similar to Tabula Rasa (my #1 favorite MMO ever made), Firefall (which was tons of fun) and a bit of Repopulation (it was pretty fun).

If its similar to TR/Firefall, its probably an instant buy for me, though it IS in early access and looks like there are issues with it. But I've been waiting for a Tabula Rasa MMO for years, ever since NCsoft sabotaged it (and before that, they sabotaged auto assault and city of heroes, my #2/3 favorite MMOs)

Has anyone gotten this and have any thoughts of how it is? It is early access and in alpha I think. So, obviously things will be buggy/unfinished. But how similar is it to Tabula Rasa?
My own website for Skyrim, Fallout 4, and many other games: http://vendayn.wix.com/skyrimvendayn

Nelia Hawk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2016, 03:33:59 pm »

it is totally alpha...

if alpha starts at 0 and beta is at 1 its at 0.4 or so... map is working, quests are working, basic combat works, leveling works, inventory and loot works, npcs work, now to get all the other content, features and mechanics added and working.

i.e. from the 10-ish main skills that each have 6 sub skills there is just armor and weapons available. and there just 2/6 weapons and 3/6 armors. and also no active skills (i.e. double shot) whatsoever yet.

played around 10-ish hours... its ok for what it is atm.
i liked how the first main town/hub looked like... and how you get quests from the exploration points (i.e. you see a pda under a bench and press e there... then examine it in your inventory and get a quest to find who it belongs to.)

stopped playing after chapter 1 and now i wait 1-3 months till more "everything" is in the game.
if they manage to get all the skills and functions (mutations, diseases, mechs, space, building and story/quests/atmosphere/mapdesign) nicely working together, then it might end up as a ok scifi game in 6+ months or so.

its promising to be a ok game... but probably wont blow your mind with amazingness. but who knows how it will end up.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2016, 04:38:24 pm »

I saw this a couple of weeks ago. Looked interesting, but then I noticed that the player's inventory slots are unlocked through purchase of the bonus packs, the most expensive of which is $100. And to get all the slots, you have to buy all the packs - roughly $170 if I remember correctly.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2016, 05:19:44 pm »

I saw this a couple of weeks ago. Looked interesting, but then I noticed that the player's inventory slots are unlocked through purchase of the bonus packs, the most expensive of which is $100. And to get all the slots, you have to buy all the packs - roughly $170 if I remember correctly.

I'm okay with really early access games personally, its nice to watch it develop and 20 dollars isn't that much. Its like donating to a kickstarter, sometimes it works out, sometimes not. A couple times its been a complete rip off (like starforge), but its often worked out.

However, this quote...is there anyway in-game to unlock inventory slots in the game or is it only through the packs? If only through the packs, **** that...thats complete BS lol. I don't mind kickstarting stuff or going into early access. So hopefully maybe there is a way in-game or something. Otherwise I won't be supporting that payment model.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2016, 05:31:23 pm by Vendayn »
My own website for Skyrim, Fallout 4, and many other games: http://vendayn.wix.com/skyrimvendayn

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2016, 11:49:05 pm »

Well, its a Russian MMO. I always liked Russian games, and they make awesome Skyrim mods too. There was Allods which was awesome if it wasn't for the cash shop and pretty sure that came from Russia.

I found a Let's Play on it. Watching it now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vhg7gA0FgxI

Looks like inventory isn't too big a big deal. There is a lot of room. Dunno if you can upgrade it in-game or not yet though, but I asked on their steam forum page. So we'll see.