Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 47

Author Topic: Dragon Ball RPG (OOC/Applications) (Game has started)  (Read 52299 times)

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
Re: Dragon Ball RPG (Interest Check/System Review)
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2015, 10:31:08 pm »

I'm hesitantly interested as long as we exist in a universe where the most prominent charachters in dragon ball canon don't exist. I'd also prefer we don't get too hung up on the intricacies and debate of "canon".

We would probably do fine as long as they DB without the Z characters. I think we can take kid Goku  :P. The only one who argues about stuff like that is Andres, and he does this for everything. Just skip past his posts and you be fine (kidding Andres, kidding :P).

...We are going to party up right? I have no clue what it is that could bring these three together.

1 Per second might be underselling it. That would burn through your focus too quickly to be useful, causing you to go unconscious after twenty seconds of flight.

Can't we all kinda fly anyway? DB was the kind of place anyone could fly if they tried even a little bit.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Mlamlah

• Bay Watcher
  • The Androgynous Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2015, 10:34:29 pm »

Can't we all kinda fly anyway? DB was the kind of place anyone could fly if they tried even a little bit.

I'd be willing to accept either a yes or no answer from the GM. Most of Dragon Ball treated flight like kind of an impressive feat, it wasn't until late dragon ball/ early z that it became a chump technique.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2015, 10:36:36 pm »

I'd be willing to accept either a yes or no answer from the GM. Most of Dragon Ball treated flight like kind of an impressive feat, it wasn't until late dragon ball/ early z that it became a chump technique.

Yeah, but most of DB didn't have any Ki attacks. The only ones we see until very late are the Kamahameha wave and the Crane guys moves. Considering the races, the Ki attacks, and how combat seems to work, I would think this game is definitely inspired more by DBZ.

Mlamlah

• Bay Watcher
  • The Androgynous Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2015, 10:44:42 pm »

True enough.

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2015, 11:14:36 pm »

Rebalanced around new parameters.

Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)

The Reason for low level Ki release having such a low exertion is that it is supposed to release the strain of combat in an emergency, and would be slightly counterproductive if using it actually Inhibited you. As a result, Both of it's component techniques have slightly larger exertions.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2015, 10:16:00 pm by Shadestyle »
You are now having excessive amounts of fun

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 04, 2015, 11:16:52 pm »

This is awesome And i Hope i get to be a part of it. I am a huge fan of Dragon ball, And dragon ball Z, I am ashamed to admit I also hold a fondness for GT.

Will there be androids?

Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)

This is an edit of my old sheet from the last time I joined this game, If there is anything that needs changing, Please tell me.

I asked the same thing earlier  :P. Go ahead and look if you want. I think the answer was "Yes, anyone can get cybernetics, but you need special techniques to use them to attack."

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 04, 2015, 11:43:46 pm »

I'm hesitantly interested as long as we exist in a universe where the most prominent charachters in dragon ball canon don't exist. I'd also prefer we don't get too hung up on the intricacies and debate of "canon".

They will exist in the universe, but you won't encounter them.  You'll hear mentions of the city the Saiyans destroyed, feeling distant battles if you've developed Ki sensing, disappearances around the Android and Cell sagas, maybe even be invited to an alternate Cell games, but you'll primarily be focused on something else, so it's a case of 'might as well not exist'.

Just to put the point even further, below is a map of the area Dragon Ball took place in.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
If you notice, there is only one iced portion of the map, to the north.  This means to me that this is only one hemisphere, or quarter, of the globe.  This game is going to have its events take place in the Southern Hemisphere or opposite quarter of the world.  Interesting to note: unless I state any of the above events occurred, I could shift the setting to another planet, time, and universe entirely without you knowing.

Flight
Common invention
Type:Ki
Charge time:0
Effect:Faster speed
Exertion:1 per second flying

Have it be .5 per round flying.  Hampers your combat ability, but outside of combat, the exertion is negligible.

Minor announcement: People will probably want to remove the 'Soul Purity' part, as that really only applies to getting the Super Saiyan state, and I'll just message whoever gets it. (Granted, at this point it appears to be only YourMaster)
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 04, 2015, 11:45:03 pm »

« Last Edit: March 25, 2017, 03:25:23 pm by Vector »
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Mlamlah

• Bay Watcher
  • The Androgynous Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 04, 2015, 11:48:37 pm »

That is an agreeable arrangement to me. I'm locked in then.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 04, 2015, 11:50:42 pm »

Will we still be able to find/use the titular Dragonballs without accidentally committing Genocide?

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 04, 2015, 11:50:46 pm »

Also, Last time around one of the Djinn effects was that since they didn't have souls, They turned into smoke at 0 Health instead of dying, and were unable to train in the after life until being revived. IIRC

The majin could have something for Soul purity, Kind of like how Buu split into his good and evil halves at one point?

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 04, 2015, 11:58:19 pm »

Also, Last time around one of the Djinn effects was that since they didn't have souls, They turned into smoke at 0 Health instead of dying, and were unable to train in the after life until being revived. IIRC

This time I modeled it after two of Popo's skills (Ability to devour Ki and having his carpet able to instantly appear).

The majin could have something for Soul purity, Kind of like how Buu split into his good and evil halves at one point?

That and the creation of 'Miss Buu' are more due to a high level of emotion than anything.  I'm going to have that not be within any Majiins of this game (it being something of the original Buu only in this case).

Will we still be able to find/use the titular Dragonballs without accidentally committing Genocide?

Yes.  Going to use a custom set at that, in order to prevent having to work around the ones used in the main show/allow an easier shift to it being on another world.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2015, 12:00:08 am by Zanzetkuken The Great »
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 05, 2015, 12:02:49 am »

....Does Popo not have a soul? Anyway, the race isn't powerful enough to need a drawback when everyone else only gets advantages.

Yes.  Going to use a custom set at that, in order to prevent having to work around the ones used in the main show/allow an easier shift to it being on another world.

Yay! Now...what will my character wish for.....

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 05, 2015, 12:06:36 am »

Wish for a Dragon Ball magnet. *Snickers*

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 05, 2015, 12:08:05 am »

Wish for a Dragon Ball magnet. *Snickers*

Seems like you could just cut out the middleman and wish for unlimited wishes...

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 47