Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 47

Author Topic: Dragon Ball RPG (OOC/Applications) (Game has started)  (Read 52335 times)

Mlamlah

• Bay Watcher
  • The Androgynous Nerd
    • View Profile
Re: Dragon Ball RPG (Interest Check/System Review)
« Reply #30 on: April 05, 2015, 12:09:48 am »

Wish for a Dragon Ball magnet. *Snickers*

Seems like you could just cut out the middleman and wish for unlimited wishes...

That's one way to get eaten by a dragon.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 05, 2015, 12:10:48 am »

Wish for a Dragon Ball magnet. *Snickers*

Seems like you could just cut out the middleman and wish for unlimited wishes...

That's one way to get eaten by a dragon.

Big Green Sr. could beat him without so much as a fight. I think we can take him.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: Dragon Ball RPG (Sign-ups Open)
« Reply #32 on: April 05, 2015, 12:22:10 am »

Big Green Sr. could beat him without so much as a fight. I think we can take him.

That was after his youth was restored, increasing his power to (apparently) 500.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 05, 2015, 12:25:08 am »

That was after his youth was restored, increasing his power to (apparently) 500.

It wasn't much of a fight. "There is one more- IMAFIRINMALASA" then the dragon died. He probably could have done that before. Roshi probably could have killed him even.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 05, 2015, 12:38:26 am »

It wasn't much of a fight. "There is one more- IMAFIRINMALASA" then the dragon died. He probably could have done that before. Roshi probably could have killed him even.

Probably based off of Kami, who has a power of 400.  Roshi's is 350 at max.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 05, 2015, 12:51:38 am »

Probably based off of Kami, who has a power of 400.  Roshi's is 350 at max.

Psh. Power levels are useless and unreliable.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2015, 01:01:04 am by Stirk »

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 05, 2015, 01:47:41 am »

Spoiler: Matilda Ardell (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 19, 2015, 02:55:25 pm by Sentient Bowtie »
Black lives matter.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 05, 2015, 03:26:03 am »

Can't we all kinda fly anyway? DB was the kind of place anyone could fly if they tried even a little bit.

I'd be willing to accept either a yes or no answer from the GM. Most of Dragon Ball treated flight like kind of an impressive feat, it wasn't until late dragon ball/ early z that it became a chump technique.
We actually saw a regular human - an ACTUAL regular human - learn to fly in DBZ. Videl, namely. First she was taught how to get ki to pool in her hands - visibly at that - which went a lot easier for her than for civilians because of her many years of martial arts training. After a few days of ki training, she manages to fly during her first attempt, something that Gohan says not many people can do (Goten is seen above flying in circles as his first attempt but he's a Super Saiyan so it's expected). So yeah, you don't even need super-intense Turtle Hermit training to get powerful enough to fly.

Just to put the point even further, below is a map of the area Dragon Ball took place in.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Holy crap there's an actual map!? I never even thought that DB took place in a consistent world, I just thought that everything just kinda...happened!

Also, Last time around one of the Djinn effects was that since they didn't have souls, They turned into smoke at 0 Health instead of dying, and were unable to train in the after life until being revived. IIRC

....Does Popo not have a soul?
I think you better disentangle your perception of Mr. Popo from the TFS Dragon Ball Abridged.
You're not making this easy for me, you know...

Reserve a spot for me please.

EDIT: I remember reading somewhere that the minimum power level need to go Super Saiyan was 100,000 but I really can't confirm this so feel free to ignore.

EDIT2: Regarding the Mastered Super Saiyan state, I think you're referring to Full-Power Super Saiyan. It doesn't provide any extra power, it just takes away the psychological changes the Super Saiyan form brings and reduces ki consumption to negligible amounts, allowing the extra ki to be focused into attacks and stamina use. Also, someone sensing a Saiyan in the state would sense them as if they were in their base form. Again, feel free to take or ignore as much as you want.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2015, 07:43:44 am by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 05, 2015, 06:58:29 am »

Oh, I remember this.
Reserving myself a post for a sheet right now.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Yourmaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Not the weirdest on Bay12!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 05, 2015, 07:33:58 am »

Fixed Ki exertion. Being a Saiyan, I doubt i'll survive without increase of focus.
10/10.
Wants to rape and enslave my innocent night faeries ;-;

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 05, 2015, 08:10:50 am »

Hey Yourmaster, is your Saiyan's hair actually smooth like that or should it be treated as spiky IC? For Sky Blot, you wrote 'extortion' instead of 'exertion'.

For Flight, does that refer to the normal fighting flight or long-distance flight?
Also surprised that apparently no one knows how to fire a basic ki blast, unless I'm missing something and it's a default technique that everyone knows. How much exertion would a ki blast cost? .5? .25? 0?
Canonically, fighters draw from a finite pool of ki, represented in this game by the Focus stat. Is this correct?
« Last Edit: April 05, 2015, 08:16:15 am by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 05, 2015, 08:31:38 am »

Say, Zanzetkuken, have you changed the way magic works since the first game, or is it still the exact same?
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Yourmaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 05, 2015, 08:32:45 am »

It should be, but Jackie is nice. Also, I'm talking general flying. Basic blasts are useless. Yes, I'm pretty sure that's how it works. Though not all characters had finite Ki.
10/10.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 05, 2015, 08:45:37 am »

Just to avoid sounding mean-spirited later on, is it ok if my character - planning to be a Saiyan - doesn't acknowledge yours as a full-blooded Saiyan because of the hair? Those questions were actually addressed to Zanzetkuken, hence the seperate paragraph. Aside from Majin Buu and the androids, who else had infinite ki?

Yourmaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 05, 2015, 08:51:43 am »

I'm okay with that, if you're okay with me fighting your character.
10/10.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 47