Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 47

Author Topic: Dragon Ball RPG (OOC/Applications) (Game has started)  (Read 51220 times)

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
Dragon Ball RPG (OOC/Applications) (Game has started)
« on: April 04, 2015, 02:47:12 am »

IC thread

Here's what I have so far, based off an old document I had floating in my google docs drive.  I do need something for the Majiin race and two for the Djinn to have things completed, but, as it stands, what do you think of it and what do you believe should be changed?

Spoiler: Character Sheet (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Races (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Technique Creation (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Statistics (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Combat (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 29, 2015, 12:28:15 am by Zanzetkuken The Great »
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dragon Ball RPG (Interest Check/System Review)
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2015, 03:44:31 am »

What's a Frost Demon and what's a Djinn?

EDIT: Wait, with Frost Demons, are you talking about Frieza's Race? Another name I would suggest would be Arcosian. While I'm not that fond of it myself, it's a popular-enough fan name and it avoid confusion since there are actual demons in DBZ. Either that or go the Xenoverse route and have the race be known as Frieza's Race.
EDIT2:
Spoiler: More fanboyism (click to show/hide)
EDIT3: I don't recall there ever being any magical attacks in DBZ. Sure there was magic but I've never seen it used in combat. Could you refer me to a time when it was so I know what they'd look like? I mean, there was Majin Bu's candy ray but that's it.
Spoiler: Unimportant stuff 3 (click to show/hide)
Something you may have missed is that grabbing a Saiyan's tail will absolutely wreck them. It basically puts them to sleep. This weakness can be trained out, though, as shown by Goku and as told by Nappa.

EDIT4: I think the Saiyan tail's power multiplier is too high. Maybe knock it down to 1.1 or 1.2?
« Last Edit: April 04, 2015, 04:17:52 am by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2015, 04:13:39 pm »

What's a Frost Demon and what's a Djinn?

Frost Demon is the fan-given name to Frieza's race that I had seen the most of.  Djinn is the race of Mr. Popo.

EDIT2:
Spoiler: More fanboyism (click to show/hide)

I've seen that there is apparently some debate about whether it is an additive or multiplicative boost to power.  By having the boost multiplied, I wound up having SS3 land at Kid Buu's apparent level of power, whom Goku was able to take on.

Thanks for the numbers of Ascended and Ultra so I can adjust them to the proper point.

Spoiler: Unimportant stuff 3 (click to show/hide)

I seem to recall it being stated at least somewhere that it could be trained.

EDIT4: I think the Saiyan tail's power multiplier is too high. Maybe knock it down to 1.1 or 1.2?

I'm going to leave it as is, but reduce the health required to remove it be a tad lower, making it more fragile for its boost.
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2015, 04:22:32 pm »

I just wanted to comment that it would probably be fun to add an Android~.

Also, why do the Frost Demons have worse health, when their ability is about how durable they are? Just seemed a little strange to me.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2015, 04:31:05 pm »

Also, why do the Frost Demons have worse health, when their ability is about how durable they are? Just seemed a little strange to me.

Well, nothing saying you can't have attacks be cybernetic based while using any of the races.  Humans would be the best for this, as any techniques used would have to be custom made, and humans have the advantage there.

I was making it so that, while weaker in combat durability, they are a pain to secure a complete kill.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2015, 04:39:26 pm »

Well, nothing saying you can't have attacks be cybernetic based while using any of the races.  Humans would be the best for this, as any techniques used would have to be custom made, and humans have the advantage there.

I was making it so that, while weaker in combat durability, they are a pain to secure a complete kill.

It would be interesting to see how a Cyborg Majiin works  :P.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2015, 05:14:48 pm »

EDIT3: I don't recall there ever being any magical attacks in DBZ. Sure there was magic but I've never seen it used in combat. Could you refer me to a time when it was so I know what they'd look like? I mean, there was Majin Bu's candy ray but that's it.

(Forgot to address this.)

Mystic attacks are not really canonical, but I included it as it is a way to balance out Ki.

It would be interesting to see how a Cyborg Majiin works  :P.

True.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2015, 05:17:17 pm »

ptw
Black lives matter.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2015, 06:36:50 pm »

Djinn is the race of Mr. Popo.
NOOOOO!!!! Um...I think it's best if we -don't- play as Mr. Popo. Please. Besides, there isn't much in-canon to tell us what powers or abilities these "Djinn" have or if Mr. Popo is anything more than an Earthling.

Or you could have it so they have infinite ki, only have up to medium-power ki attacks (no final flash or kamehameha), are stronger and more durable on average, but can't gain power by training or fighting - only by buying upgrades.

Mystic attacks are not really canonical, but I included it as it is a way to balance out Ki.
Why not instead have it be physical attacks? Or, you know, just don't balance out ki? Ki, focus, and health seem like the only stats that are needed.

I've seen that there is apparently some debate about whether it is an additive or multiplicative boost to power.  By having the boost multiplied, I wound up having SS3 land at Kid Buu's apparent level of power, whom Goku was able to take on.
There shouldn't be a debate, I think. I got my information of the multipliers from Death Battle and they got their information from the official encyclopaedia.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Yourmaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Not the weirdest on Bay12!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2015, 07:02:36 pm »

I'm interested. I must be a cocky saiyan jerk.
10/10.
Wants to rape and enslave my innocent night faeries ;-;

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2015, 08:04:23 pm »

Djinn is the race of Mr. Popo.
NOOOOO!!!! Um...I think it's best if we -don't- play as Mr. Popo. Please. Besides, there isn't much in-canon to tell us what powers or abilities these "Djinn" have or if Mr. Popo is anything more than an Earthling.

I think you better disentangle your perception of Mr. Popo from the TFS Dragon Ball Abridged.

Or you could have it so they have infinite ki, only have up to medium-power ki attacks (no final flash or kamehameha), are stronger and more durable on average, but can't gain power by training or fighting - only by buying upgrades.

Meh.

Why not instead have it be physical attacks? Or, you know, just don't balance out ki? Ki, focus, and health seem like the only stats that are needed.

I point you to the level of dominance that the Saiyans in the original manga.

There shouldn't be a debate, I think. I got my information of the multipliers from Death Battle and they got their information from the official encyclopaedia.

Whether Super Saiyan is multiplicative or additive was never explained in canon.  It is all theories based upon power levels given by an outside of canon source.  They likely used multiplicative as it fit with their equation, while additive could not be worked in.

I'm interested. I must be a cocky saiyan jerk.

If you so choose.

I believe I have everything ready.  Feel free to begin creating characters.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2015, 08:44:53 pm »

Why not, looks like fun~! I just need a moment to come up with a more complete character concept....

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

...I hope nobody minds that I completely stole all my techniques from another anime  :P
« Last Edit: April 14, 2015, 01:31:23 pm by Stirk »

Mlamlah

• Bay Watcher
  • The Androgynous Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2015, 09:17:14 pm »

I'm hesitantly interested as long as we exist in a universe where the most prominent charachters in dragon ball canon don't exist. I'd also prefer we don't get too hung up on the intricacies and debate of "canon".

In which case:

Spoiler: Character Sheet (click to show/hide)

Feel free to suggest changes to techniques. Kinda pulled exertion values straight outa my ass. Not really sure how soul purity works either.

I'm sort of surprised there isn't a stat to reflect physical power, is health meant to communicate that concept?
« Last Edit: April 14, 2015, 10:03:54 pm by Mlamlah »

Yourmaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Not the weirdest on Bay12!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2015, 10:15:56 pm »

General Information
Name: Ateyo
Race: Saiyan
Appearance:
Biography: A saiyan born to skilled warriors, Ateyo trained to be able to become better than them. He wanted to become a conqueror. His father taught Ateyo his techniques, and eventually sent him out into the world.

Statistics
Health:62.5
Ki Strength:375
Mystic Power:280
Focus:20
Soul Purity: 30

Abilities
Zenkai - If you drop below 10% health in combat, your power gets boosted to a point wherein your character can be competitive against the enemy they had fallen against, after they recover.  This ability is only able to increase the power of a Saiyan until they reach the point where they would become a Super Saiyan.
Saiyan Tail - As long as you have your tail, you have a 1.5 times multiplier to your Ki and Magic.  If the tail takes damage equal to 5% of your health, it is removed, and you lose the multiplier.  In addition, when you are under the full moon, you transform into the Great Ape state, where your Ki is multiplied by 10, but you are unable to control the state without training.
Transformation: Super Saiyan - The Super Saiyan state increases the Ki of the Saiyan in the state by 150000000.  The Ascended Super Saiyan State causes this increase to 1.5 as great, with Ultra being 2.5 to the Super Saiyan state, at a cost of 'a multiplier of .5 to focus.  The Mastered Super Saiyan state is an increase to the Super Saiyan state by a factor of 1.75.  The Super Saiyan 2 state is a multiplication of 2 to the bonus provided by the Super Saiyan state.  Past this is the Super Saiyan 3 state, which provides a multiply of 4 to the Super Saiyan 2 boost.

Techniques
Name: Palm burst
Inventor: Ateyo
Appearance: A green aura surrounding the hand hand.
Type: ki
Charge time: 10 seconds
Effect: A burst of ki on the hand that explodes and effects anything in the hand. 3 damage
Exertion:2.5

Sky blot
Inventor: Ateyo's father
Appearance:A black beam held on the index and middle finger fired off of them.
Type:Ki
Charge time:60 TU
Effect:13 damage
Extortion:10

Flight
Common invention
Charge time:0
Effect:Faster speed
Exertion: .1 per round

Splitter
Ateyo's father
Ki
Charge: 30 TU
Effect : A disk levitated above the Palm and shot for 7 damage
Exertion:5.5

Blade
Ateyo
Ki
Effect: A blade of Ki that can be created mid punch for 1 extra damage
Exertion: 4.5
« Last Edit: April 26, 2015, 07:59:09 am by Yourmaster »
10/10.
Wants to rape and enslave my innocent night faeries ;-;

Mlamlah

• Bay Watcher
  • The Androgynous Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2015, 10:29:27 pm »

Flight
Common invention
Effect:Faster speed
Exertion:1 per second flying

1 Per second might be underselling it. That would burn through your focus too quickly to be useful, causing you to go unconscious after twenty seconds of flight.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 47