Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20]

Author Topic: Engraving Game  (Read 10156 times)

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
Re: Engraving Game
« Reply #285 on: February 16, 2008, 12:01:00 pm »

You're very close.  It was by the same company that made the Call of Cthulhu game, and it barely avoided cancellation.  The last 25% or so, and all the testing and finalization was done by one dedicated developer who worked feverishly on it knowing full well he wouldn't receive a penny for his efforts.  The company was going under fast, and the sales of the first game weren't enough to complete the sequel.
Shoes...

DuncanFrost

• Bay Watcher
  • Urban Legendary
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt account.
« Reply #286 on: February 17, 2008, 01:51:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Puzzlemaker:
<STRONG>

MARIO!

On the wall is a masterful engraving of a human and humans.  The human is commanding the humans.  The humans are stealing the Eiffel Tower.</STRONG>

Evil Genius? If so, that's what my one was     ;)

Ooh, another one.

Engraved on the wall is a picture of a human, a statue of a human and a ray of ENERGY X. The ray of ENERGY X is striking the statue of a human. The human is touching the statue. The human is getting stronger and feeling like he could lift 1000lb.

[ February 17, 2008: Message edited by: DuncanFrost ]

Toady looses a roaring laughter, fell and terrible!
Toady has butchered a spammer!

Alfador

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerous Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: February 18, 2008, 02:58:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Stij:
<STRONG>Kirby?</STRONG>

Yup! I figured if any DF critter could stand in for Kirby, it'd be a fluffy wambler.  :D

This is a fox skull helmet. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It menaces with spikes of fox bone and is encircled with bands of fox leather. This item is haunted by the ghost of Alfador Angrorung the fox.

Alfador

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerous Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: March 10, 2008, 11:43:00 am »

This is an engraving of a battle. The mouse is shocking the dwarf. The dwarf is striking down the hedgehog. The snake is in the corrugated tower-cap bin. Everybody is striking a menacing pose.
This is a fox skull helmet. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It menaces with spikes of fox bone and is encircled with bands of fox leather. This item is haunted by the ghost of Alfador Angrorung the fox.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: March 10, 2008, 12:08:00 pm »

Too easy.  Super Smash Bros. Brawl

On the wall is a superiorly designed image of a heart, a demon, an imp, a disco inferno, a thief, and a goblin.  The heart is beating.  The demon is farting.  The imp is working.  The thief is winning.  The disco inferno is playing.  The goblin is dancing.

Block_Stacker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: March 10, 2008, 02:13:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Kagus:
<STRONG>
On the wall is a superiorly designed image of a heart, a demon, an imp, a disco inferno, a thief, and a goblin.  The heart is beating.  The demon is farting.  The imp is working.  The thief is winning.  The disco inferno is playing.  The goblin is dancing.</STRONG>

Dungeon Keeper 2.  That was the one I was gonna do! oh well.

On the wall is an engraving of a city, a warehouse, a tradeship, and a worker.  The worker is busy delivering goods a warehouse. The city urgently needs more workers. The tradeship doesn't know why he comes here, this city never buys anything or sells anything.

Twofer:  One the wall is a masterful engraving of a woman, a gumshoe, a witness, and a historical landmark.  The witness is whispering the woman's favorite food to the gumshoe.  The woman is stealing the historical landmark.

[ March 10, 2008: Message edited by: Block_Stacker ]

Stormlock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: March 12, 2008, 01:23:00 pm »

I don't know the first one, but is the second one Where in the world is Carmen Sandiego?

Alfador

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerous Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: March 12, 2008, 02:40:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Stormlock:
<STRONG>I don't know the first one, but is the second one Where in the world is Carmen Sandiego?</STRONG>

Oh it has to be. :3

This is an engraving of a human and executable files. The executable files are surrounding the human. The human is raising the disc. The human is striking down the executable files.

McDoomhammer

• Bay Watcher
  • Uses: Ore of irony
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: March 12, 2008, 08:10:00 pm »

Sounds Uplinky to me.

Sorry, I got nothing right now.

"KILL, KILL, KILL! NOTHING SHALL STAND BETWEEN US AND THE CEREAL BAR!"
-The Violent Council of Breakfast

Alfador

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerous Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: March 13, 2008, 11:58:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by McDoomhammer:
<STRONG>Sounds Uplinky to me.

Sorry, I got nothing right now.</STRONG>

Uplink didn't have discs. Try again.

quote:
Originally posted by Kagus:
<STRONG>Too easy.  Super Smash Bros. Brawl</STRONG>

Could have sworn I responded to this... anyway, you're absolutely right. I know it was easy, but I just HAD to resurrect this thread using the awesome game I got this Sunday.  :D I would've had it eleven hours sooner, but stupid Westlake Center doesn't allow the Gamestop there to do midnight releases, for security reasons I guess. Next time I get a game that's going to do a midnight release preordered, I'll do it from the one in Pacific Place two blocks up.

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jonathansfox.com/
« Reply #295 on: March 13, 2008, 07:12:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Block_Stacker:
<STRONG>On the wall is an engraving of a city, a warehouse, a tradeship, and a worker.  The worker is busy delivering goods a warehouse. The city urgently needs more workers. The tradeship doesn't know why he comes here, this city never buys anything or sells anything.</STRONG>

One of Impressions Games' many city-building games. I would say Caesar III specifically, but it's been a long time.

On the wall is an engraving of a H'riak Sporeship, a star, and humans. The H'riak Sporeship is falling into the star. The star is exploding. The humans are screaming. The humans are dying.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: March 13, 2008, 09:04:00 pm »

Alien legacy?

on the wall is an engraving of a wall, a ball and blocks. the wall is traveling. the ball is striking down the blocks.

[ March 13, 2008: Message edited by: a1s ]

I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jonathansfox.com/
« Reply #297 on: March 13, 2008, 10:52:00 pm »

Alien legacy is right.  :)

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: March 13, 2008, 11:05:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by a1s:
<STRONG>Alien legacy?

on the wall is an engraving of a wall, a ball and blocks. the wall is traveling. the ball is striking down the blocks.

</STRONG>

That could refer to any of the breakout-type games...

On the wall is an exceptionally detailed rendition of elves, dwarves, humans, orcs, uruks, goblins, a balrog, a game, and a gamer.

The elves are fighting with the uruks.  The dwarves are fighting with the goblins.  The humans are fighting with the balrog.  The orcs are fighting with the orcs.  The balrog isn't moving fast enough. The game is disappointing the gamer.

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20]