Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: NukeACitrus Masterwork Stream  (Read 6898 times)

NukeACitrus

• Bay Watcher
  • I stream DF. People watch it. I'm happy.
    • View Profile
    • I'm streaming DF every now and then
NukeACitrus Masterwork Stream
« on: April 05, 2015, 05:42:37 am »

Hello guys!

My name is Ricke aka NukeACitrus and I'm streaming DF masterwork regularly on Twitch. If you're interested in the mod or just DF in general, please do come on over and check it out! We're currently playing an Orc fort, and it's going really well so far. We even have a balrog skull in our messhall, for all to see! I'm planning on covering all the Masterwork races.

I'm not using a schedule but instead tweet in advance,

Twitch:
http://goo.gl/CjJV9h

Twitter:
http://goo.gl/ux1ktn

Have a great one and hope to see you all soon!
"I managed to escape but my limbs are chopped off. Now what?" - DF wiki.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
Re: NukeACitrus Masterwork Stream
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2015, 06:49:12 am »

Nuke a citrus...?
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

razorback

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2015, 06:52:31 am »

I guess he meant nuke the circus.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2015, 06:53:58 am »

That's all right, then. I'll see if I remember to check the stream out at some point.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2015, 12:37:05 pm »

Cool.  I stopped by to check out your fort for a couple minutes, nice design and well saturated in blood ;)

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2015, 12:48:07 pm »

Interesting.  I poked my nose in for a few minutes, seems pretty cool, I like your setup.  YOu certainly have a lot of bones...

NukeACitrus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2015, 02:27:10 pm »

Interesting.  I poked my nose in for a few minutes, seems pretty cool, I like your setup.  YOu certainly have a lot of bones...

Well, I AM trying to get rid of them: Our walls are getting higher and higher, stuffing the rooms with cabinets and chests made out of bone, making bone arrows, bone coffins, transmuting iron and ash to ironbone, selling totems, building cages, BUT THEY JUST KEEP COMING! They are invading faster then we can produce! We just had an massive invasion-triathlon, starting of with around 24 War elephants, immediately followed up with raptormen, and some of those conjured rock men afterwards. It's getting silly! Whenever we are finished clearing up after the last invasion, another one shows up. I mean, the orcs loves it of course. They are born to fight! We got a 14 year old swordmaster now, maxed out and good to go. I need to build more markets so we can sell more stuff, faster! PROFIT!

Cool.  I stopped by to check out your fort for a couple minutes, nice design and well saturated in blood ;)

Yeah. dwarfs engrave their walls, Orcs just smears blood all over the place. Blood in barrels, blood in weapons, blood on walls, Blood for the blood god!

That's all right, then. I'll see if I remember to check the stream out at some point.

You're more then welcome! I promise you won't get nuked! (Do look out for blood splatter though... )

I guess he meant nuke the circus.

Oh, no no no. Nuke A citrus! They are evil. EVIL I tell yah!

NukeACitrus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2015, 01:22:21 am »

Hello guys! I'll be streaming some more Dwarf fortress today. Perhaps today someone can actually kill of our orcs! ^_^

RodriguesSting

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2015, 10:31:33 am »

I really hope you post those streams in Youtube. The buffering is real. They seem very interesting, and I would really like to see your warlock early game.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2015, 11:01:58 am by RodriguesSting »

slay_mithos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2015, 12:33:46 pm »

I second that, on slower internet connections, twitch is a pain to watch because it pauses every 5-10 seconds, because it lacks the ability to have 360p on most channels.
For the 55 people who did download V1.5 till now:  You human race is not working.
It is ok, I'm used to that in RL so why should my game be different :p
DFHack tips and tricks for your everyday tasks

NukeACitrus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2015, 02:42:16 pm »

Hey guys, I'm glad you're interested in my crap stream!

I've been doing some videos on youtube about vanilla fortress, but I felt that streaming was more my thing, being able to communicate directly with you guys. However, I do know that twitch can be a bummer sometimes and since I can't see myself partnered any time soon (if ever), I've been thinking about what I can do to help you guys out a bit.

I'm thinking about doing guides on the different masterwork races, the way I handle the start up and some general info about all the new reactions etc.

This is the second Warlock fort I've ever made, I'ts going so-so using basic defensive tactics often used in any normal DF embark, but I really need to get more familiar with the mechanic of the warlocks. I've played dwarves, gnomes, succubus, Orcs and some kobolds, but the Warlocks just feel way different. Managing prisoners reminds me of having a cat. X)

I might also look into saving the videos on twitch, I think that's going to be easier for you to watch, since you can leave it buffering for a while and then come back.

In other words: I'll think about something to help you guys out! Again, super excited that you want to watch my stuff! Have an awesome day! :D

RodriguesSting

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2015, 04:25:05 pm »

Neato. Just remember to drop in the links when something's up. Maybe create a thread just for your series.

slay_mithos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2015, 12:35:07 am »

As far as I know (my internet can't handle even video uploading, so streaming is out of question), you can directly export streams to your linked youtube account.

A lot of streamers and youtubers seem to use this, without the slightest edit to the video.
I have no clue on how exactly to do this, but it should be somewhat easy to do.

This has the advantage for you to not require editing and stuff like that, so unless you are using copyrighted music in the background (youtube hates that), it should be feasible.
For the 55 people who did download V1.5 till now:  You human race is not working.

NukeACitrus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2015, 02:57:37 am »

Hello you guys!

I'm streaming some more Warlock gameplay over at http://goo.gl/rbwN9w.

I think I got the hang on Warlock early game now, but we'll see. XD

I'm also saving the recording on twitch, so hopefully everyone will be able to watch it now!

Please let me know if you guys still experience problems and I'll try to fix it!

slay_mithos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2015, 03:24:34 am »

My internet can't support video streaming over 30 FPS at 360p without stutters and pauses every now and then.
Twitch really doesn't allow to choose the video quality, which means I can't watch you without it becoming annoying really fast (pauses of nearly 1 second every 5-10 seconds).

I did try, just in case it could somehow work this time, but that's sadly a no go.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4