Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: NukeACitrus Masterwork Stream  (Read 6915 times)

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: NukeACitrus Masterwork Stream
« Reply #45 on: May 20, 2017, 08:49:44 am »

ahh man I missed this post.... Which version are you playing?
Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group
"...peering into the darkness behind the curtains, evokes visions of pixies being chased by dragons while eating cupcakes made of coral iced with liquid fire while their hearts burn out with unknown plant substances..." - a quote from the diaries of Amostubal

NukeACitrus

• Bay Watcher
  • I stream DF. People watch it. I'm happy.
    • View Profile
    • I'm streaming DF every now and then
« Reply #46 on: May 21, 2017, 10:56:24 am »

ahh man I missed this post.... Which version are you playing?

We are playing 2.6!

And stream just got back online ^_^
"I managed to escape but my limbs are chopped off. Now what?" - DF wiki.

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 21, 2017, 11:33:16 am »

nah its not 2.6 its 1.23 or earlier.  2.6 is the gui launcher version... which doesn't equate to MW version ( that needs to be corrected ).  version 1.25 is in my signature.  Meph hasn't been around to update the version since mid december.

1.25 corrects several errors, faster load times, x64 architecture, 43.05 DF, 43.05b1 DFHack.  I'm putting together 1.26 right now, it will have DFHack 32.05r1 in it.. Its just taking me some time to get a ZM5 update in.
Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group
"...peering into the darkness behind the curtains, evokes visions of pixies being chased by dragons while eating cupcakes made of coral iced with liquid fire while their hearts burn out with unknown plant substances..." - a quote from the diaries of Amostubal

NukeACitrus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 31, 2017, 07:58:45 pm »

Oh, All right! Yeah, I have been looking at the x64 version for a while now. I'll try and migrate my save to it, probably a snowballs chance in hell that it will work, but here goes nothing I suppose!

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 31, 2017, 08:06:27 pm »

hmmm I believe that it should migrate okay...  there is raw corrections that wont show up.. and certain scripts are broken from x32 to x64, I'd suggest deleting the script folder in the save as a corrected backup version is installed into the hack/script/masterwork folder in 1.26 and the upcoming 1.27 this weekend.

otherwise not much else I can do fix older saves.  x64 changed several things.  I'd keep a backup copy.
Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group

NukeACitrus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 31, 2017, 08:22:36 pm »

Delete the script folder? Where is that?

I've copied the save over to x64, boots up just fine. But I'm getting down to 30fps or so, as in "normal" Masterwork. 100 dorfs, a bunch of animals + fortress stuff all over the place. I'm guessing playing x64 should improve FPS? I'm not that knowledgeable of what exactly it changes.

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 31, 2017, 09:06:54 pm »

ahh it primarily seems to affecting load times, and the size of mods have increased without causing graphics errors.  the script folder is inside the save/region/raw/ folder.  deleting it should allow the newer versions of the script in dwarf fortress/hack/scripts to be used instead.  there is a special call in the config that adds the backup folder so you don't have to worry about missing things.... hmmm lets see. I'm uploading 1.27. which has a fps increase because it deletes a script call to periodic_check.lua which isn't needed... if you are getting a stutter every so many ticks that could be it, deleting it from hack/scripts/masterwork/base/ would remove that issue.  anyways. I've got to get this uploaded and posted for in the morning.

Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group

NukeACitrus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 31, 2017, 09:15:38 pm »

" the script folder is inside the save/region/raw/ folder"

Found and deleted. We'll see what happens.

I've noticed that Therapist have messed up the guilds, it's not showing the correct castes. I can probably fix that manually, but I don't know.

Of course, I was expecting this to happen. :D I'll mess around a bit, see if I can fix it.

Thanks for that! I might make a new embark. I'm not too attached to forts, but it's a bit sad since we are playing on stream. But better load times would be nice...

But it "seems " to affect load times? So it's not affecting FPS at all? Or, does that affect it? Haha *clueless"!

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 31, 2017, 09:35:50 pm »

I've noticed a shift in fps.  I use old systems here for testing so I don't have to worry about anything coming over from peoples "save uploads".  besides my good computers are being used by my sons. lol.  I'll have 1.27 up in less than 10 hours and right now I think its the most error free version yet.

Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group

NukeACitrus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 01, 2017, 07:36:00 am »

Thanks a bunch for uploading that, I got it running already!

Any idea on how I can fix Therapist showing the wrong castes?

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 01, 2017, 07:40:30 pm »

Its of the DT side... its reading the characters learning speed wrong.  There's been several posts stating similar things, over there. I don't think a fix has been made yet.  I was going to check it this week and see if they made any progress.
Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]