Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Salem the Game  (Read 2515 times)

Dr Hook

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Salem the Game
« on: April 05, 2015, 08:34:13 am »

Salem

The latest in a long run of monthly game updates hit today (4/5) and the content and game play just keeps growing beyond huge. This patch includes a tutorial entry for new players, something that has been lacking. If you have never experienced Salem or haven't tried it in a while, this game and it's open world are literally huge. The new devopers that took over late last summer are very serious and plan to make a new game launch later this year. The community is definately in a growing stage. Keep in mind the game is permadeath and the range of emotions you can get run high. It's an experience that no other game I have ever played has provided. Pvp is good, graphics are average but are charming and fit the period (I personally love it), towns/factions, open world is massive and content is beyond compare (it was originally dubbed the crafting game). There is something for everyone (even if it's a simple farmer or fisherman, criminal, ranger or dangerous witch. (I could go on forever)), there are no levels or questing and player customization is excellent. So, if your looking for something to try I would without doubt give my stamp of approval.

www.salemthegame.com
« Last Edit: April 05, 2015, 08:42:04 am by Dr Hook »

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
Re: Salem the Game
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2015, 08:40:00 am »

This already has a thread.
A thread which you have posted in.
What's the point of a new one?
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Dr Hook

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2015, 08:50:07 am »

With the old thread started more than a year ago and the current state of the game changing dramatically with new development,  I felt a new thread was warranted. It seemed to fit the current state of things.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2015, 09:53:49 am »

For the lazy
Quote from: About section
Salem is a fully open sandbox MMO with deep crafting elements. The game features permadeath as one of its main ingredients, along with an in-depth character development system without set roles, where the player can chose which kind of game to play. Taking place in the time of the first Pilgrims, Salem lets you live as an explorer in the new world; building your settlement, learning new skills and maybe fight with your neighbours.

The only place in Salem not built by the players is the main city Providence, which is a safe-zone where one can meet other players, trade, converse and enjoy the social aspects of the game. Outside of Providence only wilderness awaits, and the further you come from civilization the darker and more dangerous the world around you becomes. Until you reach the deep lumberwoods and no longer have to fear Pilgrims but instead witches and hidebehinds...
If I remember correctly this is the game that was fairly comparable to Haven & Hearth?

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2015, 09:59:42 am »

fairly comparable to Haven & Hearth
So does it has roaming bands of murder-killers which kill all who try to have fun in the game?
._.

lijacote

• Bay Watcher
  • Lissasa
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2015, 10:04:24 am »

So does it has roaming bands of murder-killers which kill all who try to have fun in the game?
Or perhaps the people who produce and reproduce the culture of gameplay that dictates that you either hack and use bots to farm etc., which is completely acceptable and normal and endorsed, or you don't hack, which is for teh scrubz.
Me miserable! which way shall I fly
Infinite wrath, and infinite despair?
Which way I fly is Hell; myself am Hell;
And, in the lowest deep, a lower deep
Still threatening to devour me opens wide,
To which the Hell I suffer seems a Heaven.

gimli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2015, 10:38:44 am »

Hah, while reading your sentence, the first thing that popped up in my mind was Ultima Online and the red vs blue slaughterfest. You have been forced to PvP, there was no middle ground.  :D

Dr Hook

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2015, 07:50:37 pm »

Salem

Salem the Game has announced a June 19th, 2015 official release date. The game has undergone immense changes, additions, transformations and refinements over the last nine months and they don't seem to be letting off the gas with the new content... a hardcore gamers dream to put it lightly. (as a side note, the April 4/19 patch just out!!) Added a few links below for information.

Short Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PgD6I6uprAM&feature=youtu.be

Salem Main Page: http://www.salemthegame.com/

Announcements: http://forum.salemthegame.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=13174&sid=1a5493c1682efec73a50fd541f63f473

Forum: http://forum.salemthegame.com/index.php

cheers all and good hunting,

Dr. Hook

« Last Edit: April 18, 2015, 09:31:05 pm by Dr Hook »

Kruniac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2015, 06:07:16 pm »

Stomping != combat. Salem is garbage. Also, if the community came from H&H, I'll pass. Those people are/were 30+ year old children. Absolutely annoying to deal with when selling Topia. Rude, immature, territorial, and basically little more than sentient animals.

*Edit* Salem -was- garbage. Maybe it's better now. I've heard good things from my circle.