Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Where shall Cog do next

Wait a year for winter and attempt an ocean crossing to Elf island
Head to the Southwestern Savannah / Unknown Civilizations beyond

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 16

Author Topic: Cog the blind Drunk  (Read 87962 times)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: Cog the blind Drunk
« Reply #105 on: July 26, 2015, 05:10:00 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
And we pick up where we left off with Onget getting too friendly with the local elves. We immediately left north. Originally I went west to some cave to steal some amulets and figurines, but they must have been cursed to break my game or something and I forgot to go there until I had already made two days of travel north. One good thing about leaving Cog for so long is that I forgot most of all the things I did before the crash.
Sneaking out in the night after a brief nap, Cog left in the night. He reached for the bag in his hand and fished out a barrel and mango.
An awful concoction of honey badger blood, watered down and cooked, washed down with mango - all part of a healthy balanced diet!
Well, it was a diet. Maybe not healthy or well-balanced, in any sense of the phrase.
Cog traveled the night looking for something meaty to cook. Strangely the night was quiet besides the chattering and plodding of his good traveling associates; despite the warm airs no animals sought to enjoy the warmth and soothing night in these tropics. Usually something would go out of its way to try and eat Cog, or see him and bolt away - there was however, nothing. Perhaps everything that lived in these jungles only surfaced in the day, or the Elves had eaten them to extinction.
Eventually the trees grew too dense and the marsh too forbidding to hunt, sooner or later someone was going to get split up or eaten by crocodiles. Cog stopped sneaking and just walked northwards, waiting for the illumination of the day to guide his friends.
Cog found himself in the middle of nowhere. He continued walking north but it was unusual to find so little of anything, there were only trees and trees aplenty. It seems the jungle he had just waded through was simply too dense for Elves to live within, he did not envy the merchants of Sparklelens who had to travel to and fro with bins of fruit aplenty.
Cog continued walking north until he found a landmark that seemed familiar; an area of the world that was the birthplace of several rivers. And to the east - civilization. Elven civilization, so there was not much in the way of culture beyond trees, furniture, elves and fruit. It was still something, and maybe it looked impressive to the people who could see. Up ahead a group of Elves were chatting and Cog felt this would be an appropriate time to begin spreading rumours, alongside his name of course.
Cog shared some tales and inquired as to the whereabouts of the nearest northwards settlements, and the Elven clothier Enina was helpful in that regard. They rested on the outskirts of the Elven forest retreat, or whatever the elves are calling it these days, and slept for a while. Upon awaking Cog set up a campfire and readied breakfast, exchanging stories with Quathari and Onget.
The breakfast meal was quite enjoyable, some fine cuts (crudely sheared from the mutilated corpse of a honey badger) were shared around some boiled honey badger pudding.
It had been caught earlier at the river sources.
And Onget and Quarathi finished it off, with gusto.
The journey north was encumbered slightly by Cog insisting on bringing all the remains of the badger with them, and in addition they somehow nearly got stuck on a tree.
Quarathi was the one to point it out to Cog, somewhere along the tune of "it is terrifying. By the way we're in a tree."
But really I think it amused them to see Cog fumbling around the tree. Whilst he was there he did pick some willow tree leaves, good for chewing or brewing.
On the way to the Elf settlement the clothier elf had pointed the trio to, they bumbled right into a major elf settlement - one with a market tree. They called it Riddlepear, with the riddle supposedly being in finding out what a Pear was - Cog had never seen one in his life. Although perhaps it is more useful to say he never tasted one in his life, as pears were not sold by the merchant elves nor did they seem to know what pears were.
The carefully butchered badger remains were exchanged quite amicably for lychees. Cog initially tried trading them for 90 lychees but got haggled down to 15 lychees with the addition of 3 willow leaves. The elf Atiforifafa seemed impressed that Cog could actually say his last name and also seem impressed more when Cog began preaching the medicinal properties of ground up honey badger bones, nervous tissue and whatever else. Eat the honey badger and gain the power of the honey badger.
The joke's on Atiforifafa, that honey badger wasn't very powerful, but these lychees are lychees of power. Shame on those willow leaves, at least Cog still has a few.

Alfrodo

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_STUPID]
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: July 26, 2015, 06:16:23 pm »

Yayyyy Cog!

Also, what does his Hammer look like? What are the decorations on it?

also, mango and honey badger sounds like a pretty balanced diet to me.  Just add potato.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2015, 06:20:10 pm by Alfrodo »
Bins stacked full of mangoes were laid out in rows. On further inspection of the market, Cog came to the realization that everything was mangoes.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: July 26, 2015, 06:44:12 pm »

Mangoessss...
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Calidovi

• Bay Watcher
  • agnus dei
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: July 26, 2015, 08:35:09 pm »

Power be to the lychee wielder.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: July 27, 2015, 12:35:20 am »

"It is terrifying. By the way we're in a tree." <~ best line, or best line ever?

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: July 27, 2015, 06:58:25 am »

"It is terrifying. By the way we're in a tree." <~ best line, or best line ever?
Yes.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

draeath

• Bay Watcher
  • So it has come to this...
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: August 01, 2015, 01:57:52 pm »

It was then I decided to load up DFusion and play forever as Cog, the Drunk.

I have to ask, is this something you can demonstrate, so we can do similar?
Urist McAlchemist cancels extract isotope: interrupted by supercriticality accident.
This kea is so raw it stole my wheelbarrow!

vjmdhzgr

• Bay Watcher
  • Hehehe
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: August 01, 2015, 03:32:49 pm »

It was then I decided to load up DFusion and play forever as Cog, the Drunk.

I have to ask, is this something you can demonstrate, so we can do similar?
If you have dfhack type in "dfusion" then 2, and then 2 again. You'll need the person you want to become to be selected with v.
Its a feature. Impregnating booze is a planned tech tree for dwarves and this is a sneak peek at it.
Unless you're past reproductive age. Then you're pretty much an extension of your kids' genitalia

ttlovepie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: August 08, 2015, 08:25:43 pm »

PTW

Lidku

• Bay Watcher
  • Enclave here, why isn't your video feed working?
    • View Profile
    • [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/Ylvdlc5.jpg[/IMG]
« Reply #114 on: August 09, 2015, 11:44:20 am »

Surprised he has not died yet +1

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: August 19, 2015, 08:39:37 am »

PTW.
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

TheHossofMoss

• Bay Watcher
  • "Man muss Heu machen, solange die Sonne scheint."
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: August 19, 2015, 03:59:47 pm »

PTW!  :D
On the Fifth Day of Axemas, my love saved the fort from...
Five sieging Werebeasts, four Giant Dingoes, three sneaky Thieves, two drunken Black bears, and a Titan killing spree!

Alfrodo

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_STUPID]
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: August 19, 2015, 09:00:22 pm »

PTW.
PTW
PTW!  :D

wahhh.. The notify button is there for a reason.  Please stop typing PTW and getting my hopes up about more Cog
Bins stacked full of mangoes were laid out in rows. On further inspection of the market, Cog came to the realization that everything was mangoes.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: August 20, 2015, 03:23:25 am »

I thought notify did emails?
One wheel short of a wagon

TheHossofMoss

• Bay Watcher
  • "Man muss Heu machen, solange die Sonne scheint."
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: August 20, 2015, 03:46:53 pm »

On the Fifth Day of Axemas, my love saved the fort from...
Five sieging Werebeasts, four Giant Dingoes, three sneaky Thieves, two drunken Black bears, and a Titan killing spree!
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 16