Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Where shall Cog do next

Wait a year for winter and attempt an ocean crossing to Elf island
Head to the Southwestern Savannah / Unknown Civilizations beyond

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 16

Author Topic: Cog the blind Drunk  (Read 87783 times)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: Cog the blind Drunk
« Reply #120 on: August 21, 2015, 06:18:47 pm »

FRESH COG

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Attempting to leave the elf settlement was incredibly difficult, Cog felt restless and and uneasy. Perhaps it was something he ate. Perhaps someone was trying to kill him. Eventually however, he escaped the settlement, rushing northwards with the speed of a hungry dwarf. Quarithi ran off to chase something down, whatever it was it must've run away from her because Quarithi returned very much alive and well.
I believe it was a draw.

Traveling through the night Cog was to make 3 days travel with less than 10 hours of sleep.
We must be close to the shore! WE CANNOT REST NOW!

The travel northwards was without any mark of time or progress to guide the way, even taking into account the fact that if there were any, Cog wouldn't see them. The jungle was dense and there was probably fruit somewhere but even the elf settlements were growing sparse - this was true wilderness.

A very nice wilderness though, cool, warm and calm, with barely a lick of wolves to send shivers down your spine. It was a tropical paradise, slightly barren of food but likewise holding great potential for exploitation. I don't think the Elves will jump to the gun to use their jungle's resources just yet though.

This weather would not hold true all the time. As a sign of just how much progress the trio were making, things began to grow more unusual.
For the first time there was snow, and a river was crossed without getting anyone's feet wet - it was frozen over. Cog soon got back on path with the tropical mist returning, but he was definitely on the cusp of the circumstantial forest.

They passed Cultdune, stopping briefly to have a chat with such an unusually named forest retreat.
Cog stood in the middle of their forest retreat, so isolated and so far away from the capital elf land. Curiously there was no one there to greet them, no commotion in the trees, no rangers standing guard anywhere. It was a ghost retreat. Cog hesitated to shout out to anybody, deciding that this retreat was too strange, it would be best to move on straight away before anyone noticed they were there.
Half a day's travel north led them here, finally outside of the circumstantial forest and into Cog's greatest enemy: The river.

Could it be? Does the ocean lie beyond?!

As for the hammer, it is encircled with bands of baguette cut yellow grossulars. On the item is an image of a bed in copper.
Never sleep without it.

Alfrodo

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_STUPID]
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: August 21, 2015, 06:30:23 pm »

YOU FELL INTO MY TRAP

Now I have all the details I need to draw Cog!

*Evil laughter*
Bins stacked full of mangoes were laid out in rows. On further inspection of the market, Cog came to the realization that everything was mangoes.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #122 on: August 21, 2015, 07:07:04 pm »

What a ruse D:

Addict7

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: August 26, 2015, 10:05:27 am »

PTW!

TheHossofMoss

• Bay Watcher
  • "Man muss Heu machen, solange die Sonne scheint."
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: August 26, 2015, 05:59:52 pm »

That's an awesome hammer. I particularly like how there is a bed engraved on it, as you could say it puts your foes into an "eternal rest."
On the Fifth Day of Axemas, my love saved the fort from...
Five sieging Werebeasts, four Giant Dingoes, three sneaky Thieves, two drunken Black bears, and a Titan killing spree!

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #125 on: September 08, 2015, 12:57:25 pm »

The river crossing went quite well, there was a slight hitch however when Onget appears to have had some difficulties retaining his wits; having to be dragged from the river lest he continue trying to befriend fish.
The travel North was calm but no longer quiet. Things ran in the woods, fleeing from the adventurers disturbing the ground underfoot.
As night gave way to dawn everyone felt freezing, wrapping their cloaks tightly around themselves. Cog wished he had more togas.
Pausing to brew some tea in a mango wood barrel by a warm campfire after risking a plunge into a cold river the trio regained their bearings. Quarithi spotted familiar trees to the northwest and both Onget and Cog could smell it too.
Calmdawns, the last Elf retreat on the great frontier - it reeked of Elf. The jungles around it were still quite warm comparative to the ever colder surroundings, Cog could see why the Elves were more concerned with this little patch of trees than the hills or tundras that nearly cost him a toe and a foot.
Cog tried to collect any information in regards to the surroundings, things like cave entrances or civilizations from beyond the seas. In the end he only appeared to aggravate the Elf after inquiring as to how the Elves protected themselves. The markets were empty, where had the elves gone?
The Elf Cog interrogated took this far more threateningly than intended. We left at once when the bowyer started getting panicked.
Unknown potential threats occupied most of the roads out. Interestingly there was a strong stench of bugbats, reachers, magma crabs and crundles in addition to Elf. Something weird was going on and it gave the trio the confusion needed to escape unnoticed into the north. Of note is that from the bowyer Cog also learned that many years ago a human called Nepe Burialallies made a journey to some elf land nearby, it seems we're not the only travelers!
Days and days went by across the wilderness with Cog's supplies of cooked turkey meat dwindling away. He even had to supplement his leaf collection with local ginko leaves, that seemed brewable enough.
Until at last...
We blundered drunkenly into the end of the natural continent.
Now I just need to find a way across the ocean, or perhaps under it.
There is a cave in the distance... I hope it is not flooded. With any luck the ocean will be frozen.

Alfrodo

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_STUPID]
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: September 08, 2015, 01:44:45 pm »

Under the ocean.. I like this plan.
Bins stacked full of mangoes were laid out in rows. On further inspection of the market, Cog came to the realization that everything was mangoes.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: September 08, 2015, 01:50:24 pm »

Ptw
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Alfrodo

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_STUPID]
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: September 11, 2015, 11:47:06 pm »

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #129 on: September 12, 2015, 05:08:29 am »

And off the cliff Cog goes

If it wasn't for the glory of [alt] move Cog would be rambutan food 10 times over, love it!

Urist McDodger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: October 08, 2015, 05:15:41 am »

Loving this great Saga of Coq.

PTW

Dozebôm Lolumzalěs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #131 on: November 07, 2015, 09:42:19 pm »

Aand what happens next?
Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: November 08, 2015, 01:49:28 pm »

And then he tripped on a rock and broke his neck.

The End.
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #133 on: November 08, 2015, 03:12:14 pm »

And then he tripped on a rock and broke his neck.

The End.
rip
Haha, real update on Wednesday

Proudnerd

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_FIGHTING] [CAFFEINE _DEPENDANT]
    • View Profile
    • My writing profile
« Reply #134 on: November 10, 2015, 11:40:36 pm »

I hate to think that the first thing Cog did upon finding an elf was pat him down and check his gender manually...)

I guess you can tell the gender of an elf from his/her voice. I think.

I'm not so sure that's true with elves... but anyway, gender is one thing, the screenshot described the type of clothes, and even the fabric type of his loincloth.

I really do love these forums wow this whole  though line was hilarious and justified.

"Oi Urdim! Monom just died, can ye go fetch his old hand from the pile o' severed limbs?"
"Eh how am I supposed to know which one's his?"
"I dunno, just grab the one that stinks the least and throw it in."
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 16