Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Where shall Cog do next

Wait a year for winter and attempt an ocean crossing to Elf island
Head to the Southwestern Savannah / Unknown Civilizations beyond

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 16

Author Topic: Cog the blind Drunk  (Read 86805 times)

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
Re: Cog the blind Drunk
« Reply #30 on: May 19, 2015, 09:22:24 pm »

Post-it note art!!!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

In Memory of Asen. Yes, I know it's not Rembrandt, but it was fun to make.  8)
10/10

Dunamisdeos has created a masterwork engraving!
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 19, 2015, 11:31:11 pm »

That's pretty good! Nice job, man!
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #32 on: May 22, 2015, 05:15:46 am »

Post-it note art!!!
In Memory of Asen. Yes, I know it's not Rembrandt, but it was fun to make.  8)
90% of votes + post it note art says WE DRINK TO THE NORTHERN FORESTS!

Whilst trying to cross a river Onget caught dinner by catching a stingray. It was a very delicious stingray, moreso when heated on a campfire. It had to be butchered with a sharp gabbro rock, and Cog isn't all that of a good bucher, so he made a mess of the stingray. Nevertheless it provided much more meat than you'd expect to come from a river-stingray.
Night fell soon after, and the Dwarves prepared to sleep by the campfire or 6 hours - Cog decided that there was no longer a need to sleep till dawn, Cog could navigate just as badly by night as by day.

Cog awoke in a pile of drunken Dorf, the moon still out, the fire still burning and he felt a cool breeze blowing from the west. Perhaps the ocean was off in the western horizon.

Rather thirsty, Cog went down to the river to drink and wipe the water from his eyes. There was no longer a copper sword in his memories, but a drunk named Asen buried in a burning Hillock somewhere south. Onget remarked that at least they had roast stingray, and a bronze colossus hadn't murdered them in their sleep. Which is a fair point, and with that, they set off.

The marsh got quite hilly, making the journey somewhat disorientating at times.

Cog even found a river crossing in a most unusual place, a corner of the world where three rivers are born.

They journeyed until at last, the northern forests were in view (figuratively). The Dwarves appeared to have walked a bit too far west however, as the northern forests were to the east of them.

lukstra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 22, 2015, 05:01:04 pm »

PTW

Amazing story so far.

Remuluson

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHICS:EDITING_TOO_MUCH:REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 23, 2015, 04:28:19 am »

AMAZING
[ETHICS:FEAR_SOCKMASTRERS:REQUIRED]
[ETHICS:HAVING_TOO_MUCH_ETHICS:REQUIRED]

NW_Kohaku

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:SCIENCE_FOR_FUN: REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 25, 2015, 01:48:02 am »

DAMNIT, LOUD WHISPERS, STOP BEING MY HERO AND INSPIRING ME! I need room to do cool things, too!
Personally, I like [DF] because after climbing the damned learning cliff, I'm too elitist to consider not liking it.
"And no Frankenstein-esque body part stitching?"
"Not yet"

Improved Farming
Class Warfare

red_kangaroo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 25, 2015, 01:05:34 pm »

Are there any werebeasts nearby, so that Cog could have a hope to see once again?

Also, Armok bless the Holy Google, who giveth us his blessings:

My friends are all dead,
My right foot gone, but what a
Lovely waterfall.

Alfrodo

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_STUPID]
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 28, 2015, 11:12:06 pm »

Absolutely PTW.
Bins stacked full of mangoes were laid out in rows. On further inspection of the market, Cog came to the realization that everything was mangoes.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 29, 2015, 05:01:23 am »

Whoa, that is amazingly apt amazing art.

NW_Kohaku

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:SCIENCE_FOR_FUN: REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 29, 2015, 09:07:07 am »

Well, I think the "old blind master" art should be held in reserve until Cog actually is a master.  Right now, he's just sort of a bumbling fool who manages to survive fights that by all rights should have left him a bloody smear in the dirt. 

Speaking of which, Loud Whispers, what are Cog's skills at this point?
Personally, I like [DF] because after climbing the damned learning cliff, I'm too elitist to consider not liking it.
"And no Frankenstein-esque body part stitching?"
"Not yet"

Improved Farming
Class Warfare

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #40 on: May 29, 2015, 03:55:12 pm »

Forgive the wait, still got to transfer my DF2014 folder to a new computer!

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 30, 2015, 12:29:42 am »

Speaking of which, Loud Whispers, what are Cog's skills at this point?
He's probably got legendary booze-guzzling skills, such is the fate of all dwarven drunks.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Quartz_Mace

• Bay Watcher
  • Here lies a !!Shred of Sanity!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 31, 2015, 01:13:13 pm »

Posting to watch this is awesome. It's a shame adventure mode doesn't have actual alcohol. Imagine these wanderings both blind and blind drunk!
Welcome, newcomer, to this place of madness, also referred to as the forums of the Twelfth Bay. I hope you enjoy your stay.
Quartz Mace cancels living: demons embedded in everything.
Ass möde is a way of life
Retired/Extended Sigs

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 04, 2015, 07:11:44 pm »

Posting to watch, this is pretty great :v
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #44 on: June 06, 2015, 07:25:38 pm »

Cog crossed a river, fording at a point where it was most shallow. Onget was still a far more proficient swimmer however, and made it across before him. Cog caught a peregrine falcon, tearing off its wings with his teeth before it had really died. Unfortunately, there was not much to eat. Onget solved the food problem by killing a honey badger however, and the honey badger was delicious.
Half a day's travel brought the duo to the first signs of civilization: An elven retreat. It was a long way off from the eerily empty northern Dwarf outpost of Syrupknives, it was doubtful that many, if any Dwarves had made this journey in recent times.
At last, the great forests had been reached. It was time to engage in a cultural exchange with the elves.
It took a while to find just where all the Elves were. No amount of Cog and Onget's intrepid exploration of the forests gave any insight as to where the entrances to the elven homes were, not a single sound could be heard on the forest floor.
The forest floor was quiet... But the trees were alive with sounds - language, with words spoken. The Elves were living high in the forests above the undergrowth. The Elves are peculiar creatures.
Surprisingly, climbing was not nearly as hard as it should've been. Cog walked towards the sounds of conversation, and as soon as he bumped into the tree trunk began to ascend. The Elves, noting that something scrawny and loud was blindly making its way up the canopy inquired Cog with kind words.
It appeared that as Cog began pulling himself onto solid mango tree, all sound amongst the treetops had ceased as the Elves fled away. Whilst Cog hauled himself up, Onget remained resolutely on the ground, and a surprised elf found himself knocked over by Cog.
Sanera was a good talking companion if only for the reason that there was no one else to talk to in the tree layer. Sanera surmised life in one word; nature. Sanera didn't care about Elven politics over who ruled Torchteal, and he shared Cog's dislike of the current weather. Sanera was also kind enough to allow Cog and Onget the privilege of resting in the retreat until sunset, and Cog trusted this elf.
Sanera's pity for the Dwarven cause was reflected in Cog's own pity for Sanera. A poor, sad Elf, who for one night only joined in on Cog and Onget's stingray feast. A somewhat worried Sanera was placated in the feast; it was elf kosher because the stingray attacked first, Onget explained. Cog made no campfire that night, out of respect for the elves. It might be a bad thing if he accidentally burnt their homes down in the night. And tomorrow they would seek out a forest retreat a short way to the east, promisingly named Trammeldrunken. The ultimate goal was to find a marketplace, so as to acquire souvenirs, and hopefully find a backpack or a flask. Carrying everything around in a sack was not terribly helpful in any way, and kept the adventure limited to be in the range of rivers.

Interestingly the Dwarves favour togas while the Elves favour shirts and skirts, I imagine this meeting to be akin to Greeks and Romans encountering one another for the first time. Or maybe these elves are just effeminate cannibals. Also, Forest Retreats seem big. Cog didn't climb to the top, and I lost track of how high he climbed. Thing is I don't even think he made it halfway to the top. They are growing these trees too strong for their own good, it'd take a hell of a long time to cut just one down.

In regards to werebeasts, I can't see any nearby.
Spoiler: In regards to skills (click to show/hide)
Not much has changed. Being an adequate swimmer does not stop you from drowning while blind sadly. I suppose I could probably find some murky pool and keep swimming until (or if) Cog ever becomes so good that he can swim with butterfly strokes.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 16