Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Where shall Cog do next

Wait a year for winter and attempt an ocean crossing to Elf island
Head to the Southwestern Savannah / Unknown Civilizations beyond

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 16

Author Topic: Cog the blind Drunk  (Read 86819 times)

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cog the blind Drunk
« Reply #150 on: January 29, 2016, 08:28:22 pm »

Not, and it must be stopped by all means at our disposal.

HERESY

I think he means that the inactivity must be stopped. Therefore, it must become active.
@Amperzand: He clouded your mind with a double-negative!

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #151 on: January 29, 2016, 08:32:05 pm »

I must say I have been flitting in the lower boards for much too long, thanks for reminding me to get more Cog done, I had almost forgotten about the poor Dwarf!

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: January 30, 2016, 12:46:46 am »

Yaay! LW activity!

Also, Silentthunders. :V
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

JumpingJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: February 05, 2016, 07:31:44 pm »

A blind drunkard of a dwarf, a might-as-well-be-blind drunkard of a dwarf, and an elf that is going to have an exciting adventure or die trying. Surely the kind of group dynamic that all should strive for. :P

Really though, this is awesome. Can't wait till they find a way underground.
I'M NOT HERE TO CHAT, I'M HERE TO DANCE OVER YOUR DEFEAT.
Imagine how much more exciting the dinosaur exhibits would be if we had necromancers.
Sigtext

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: February 09, 2016, 10:23:43 am »

oh god.  back in the saddle?

GL underground, apparently.  youll need it
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: February 09, 2016, 08:52:42 pm »

I hope more of this gets posted. I love this.
The Tale of Runlance - A Succession Fort in a Dying World

While the drink stocks run low and violence is rampant, the narcissistic tyrant demands a monument to his name

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #156 on: January 04, 2017, 10:58:29 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
The lost update: We got lost in the glaciers, attacked by wildlife, and upon waking up Quarithi was gone. On the bright side, I made it my new year's resolution to finish this saga, or die trying. The ocean is a mean place for blind people who can't swim, thus we go... South west.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: January 04, 2017, 01:00:50 pm »

Woohoo it's back!
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: January 04, 2017, 02:23:41 pm »

Well, it's back lovely.
The Tale of Runlance - A Succession Fort in a Dying World

While the drink stocks run low and violence is rampant, the narcissistic tyrant demands a monument to his name

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: January 04, 2017, 02:24:57 pm »

Cog! Hooray!
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #160 on: January 04, 2017, 03:39:45 pm »

With the glacier expedition having been a rousing failure Onget and Cog began turning towards the only expanse left unexplored; the southwest. Days and days went by with the Dwarves' nourished by what crabs they had pilfered from the ocean, supplemented by a particularly hardy wolf Onget ambushed along the way. As time went on the drunks remarked how little of anything there was, they had entered a true wilderness where not even Elf nor megabeast entered - there was nothing but the wilderness, the cold jungle obscured by fog for miles and miles around.

Deciding to make the best of the foul weather, Cog practiced his sneakiness with some hunting. Onget did most of the successful hunting which fed them throughout the expedition, but Cog did manage to successfully catch a turkey!

Cog: 'Onget, seriously how long have we been out here? Feels like 2 years or something, and it's cold, and there are no Dwarves but us, and I ran out of fermented honey badger blood...'
Onget: 'I don't know why you're so undermined, look... We've got beasts.'
*Onget starts waving a crushed wolf skull.*
*Cog still can't see anything, Onget stops waving the skull*
Onget: Why don't we vanquish a great beast and become heroes? The glorious Onget and Cog! Dwarves who kill colossi!
Cog: How I long for civilization. . .

However it is you fell Quathari Toothbride, here's hoping you were devoured by nature, the Elfy way

After days and days of roaming throughout the wilderness of the frozen jungle, Cog and Onget decided to backtrack all the way to the north, effectively rendering their explorations to the northwestern peninsula pointless.

The Mine of Cremation. If that doesn't give us access to the caverns, we shall either make the long, long journey south back where we came, or possibly camp out the seasons until winter and see if the oceans freeze over.

HydraKnight

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: January 04, 2017, 04:51:37 pm »

PTW

☼Another☼

• Bay Watcher
  • I am inevitable.
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: January 04, 2017, 07:58:58 pm »

You're doing a playthrough of a blind character. Good luck. I've blinded characters before, but never really done much with them.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #163 on: January 06, 2017, 01:53:44 pm »

After days of travel we reached the northernmost isthmus of land, the closest trip away from the cave to the subterranean world, sitting some way away on an island amidst the ocean. We had enough food and water to last a good number of days, potentially weeks; however upon reaching the ocean Cog was met not with a frozen glacier but with the rolling waves. Spring had thawed the ocean, and our efforts were in vain. With some great alarm we set upon returning to civilization to plan our next journey, it was dangerous to stay in the wilderness.
This was of immense alarm because the closest Elven settlement we had knowledge of was no less than 4-5 days travel away as the crow flies. I had a bad feeling in my gut about this, but with trepidation, roasted some crab over a beachside campfire and set out back into the wilderness.
The first day of travel was fine, yet by the second Cog and Onget were hunted.

The first to notice was Onget, who leapt into battle at once. Cog dropped his barrel full of water and his bag full of supplies; they merely encumbered him too much to fight, and Cog was not going to abandon Onget.
Cog charged into the fray with his warhammer drawn, this was probably a mistake, but it was worth it if it meant saving Onget. The sounds of battle rolled through the forest, the bear did not behave like anything Cog had ever fought before; it would strike him and tear his flesh before melting away into the surroundings.
Cog could hear to his right, behind some trees the clear sounds of violence. It was unclear whether Onget or the bear was winning, but the fight was definitely to the East - thus Cog charged into furor. Cog swung widely, moving as close to the bear as possible, biting it, punching it, but the bear seemed to pay no heed and kept ripping and tearing - it was miraculous that he was not disemboweled. With his left hand Cog managed to grasp the bear's throat, keeping the worse of its biting attacks away from his body. He strangled, constricting, the bear growing desperate and off-balance. Hammer strikes to the head seemed only to make the bear angrier, no bones broken with only bruises to show for his efforts. It came to an end when the bear managed to land a square hit directly through Cog's upper body and into his heart.
Cog grew weaker, blood loss taking its toll.

Cog passed out from the pain.

Unconscious, with a black bear atop him.

Time went by slowly, I feared I was counting the seconds until deceasement.

The world was grey, like it always was.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: January 06, 2017, 02:28:15 pm »

I am at work and unable to craft a proper memorial.

Spoiler: So instead... (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 06, 2017, 03:54:50 pm by Dunamisdeos »
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 16