Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Where shall Cog do next

Wait a year for winter and attempt an ocean crossing to Elf island
Head to the Southwestern Savannah / Unknown Civilizations beyond

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16

Author Topic: Cog the blind Drunk  (Read 86816 times)

☼Another☼

• Bay Watcher
  • I am inevitable.
    • View Profile
Re: Cog the blind Drunk
« Reply #195 on: January 27, 2017, 07:06:21 pm »

He's playing an older version, but it's some DFHack magic (Especially difficult now)

EDIT: Thanks Max

Select a unit, pull up gm-editor and scroll down to general_refs, get the nemesis_id and run gui/gm-editor df.global.world.nemesis[*the id*] then at the bottom will be a flags entry, toggle the RETIRED_ADVENTURER and ADVENTURER flags to true, then retire your current adventurer and you can select the other one. You can handle the transition in game with a few extra steps but I rarely bother, though it's easier with gm-editor hackery like I use to just pull up the nemesis entry directly.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2017, 11:32:40 am by ☼Another☼ »

Lezeryn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: January 27, 2017, 08:00:26 pm »

He's playing an older version, but it's some DFHack magic (Especially difficult now)
oh, okay thx ^^

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #197 on: January 28, 2017, 08:54:24 am »

Cog made it back to Elven civilization, hopping from forest to forest until he reached one of the larger metreepolitan areas. Some inquisitive Elves asked why he was traveling, a few offered kind or cautious words, with the only encounter of note being one moment where Cog stayed over at the abode of a crazy Elf.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
This Elf was completely insane, perhaps having spent too many centuries alone in their tree. Cog could not even hear any peregrine falcon nearby, perhaps the Elf was imagining things. The Elf didn't pay Cog much heed. Figuring that this Elf was just as good as any, Cog asked if they wanted to join his adventure!
After consulting with what was possibly a coconut with falcon-shaped markings painted on, the Elf decided that helping Cog was not worth it. Probably right too. With that, Cog left 1,100 coconuts richer, beginning a short career as a humble coconut merchant.

The great city... Forest... Thing? The Forest collection of Riddlepear was a wonderful thing to behold, so many Elves going about their lives with the bustling of gangsters, merchants and depressed lonely elves. Cog wandered through blindly, dressed resplendently in a pig tail fibre coat dashed in spikes of emerald, carnelian and marble, his head obscured by a midnight blue silk hood, a leather cloak and toga adorned over all enricled with bone and galena cabochons, an ornamented silver warhammer and willow shield strapped to his back, Cog was a veritable coconut merchant of immense value with merchants all around him vying for his wealthy attention. He didn't however, have much to spend his fortune on - so merely purchased a fine net's worth of a hundred mangoes.

I say Cog spends some time waiting for the sea to freeze over. He can train some storytelling skills in that time.

Can Cog read or write?
He never learned how to read or write so no. Also he's blind

oh, okay thx ^^
Yeah, ☼Another☼ is right

Lezeryn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: January 28, 2017, 03:36:24 pm »

Something very weird happened just now .-. I was playing adventure mode, and then i've got attacked and killed by a goblin army. After that, i saved and exited the game. but when I  loaded the game, I was playing with a goblin in the arm just before killing me. Is this a glitch? if not, how does it works? (Conclusion: I killed my old character)

Lezeryn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: January 28, 2017, 03:37:02 pm »

And.... good luck for this brave Cog!

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: January 28, 2017, 10:39:14 pm »

Are coconuts super light like other fruit? Not only can you get rich, you'll never want for food again!

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: January 29, 2017, 12:45:08 am »

How many people has Cog fondled today?

Derro

• Bay Watcher
  • Imprisoned Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: January 29, 2017, 06:38:05 am »

I just realized 'Cog' literally means 'Boot' in the dwarven language. That's hilarious.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: January 29, 2017, 08:13:55 am »

My favorite name: Reg Cogul.

"Ah, nice to meet you, I'm Todd Wilverson, and you are?"
'Glove Bootpants.'
"Oh... I uh..."
'Yeah, my parents were drunk constantly.'

Khan Boyzitbig

• Bay Watcher
  • [THOUGHTS:CHAOTIC] [ACTUALLY A SWAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: January 29, 2017, 05:06:12 pm »

Hope Cog makes it to the island alive. Might explain how coconuts could get to medieval England too, blind drunk dwarven travellers with random elves who got bored bringing loads of them.
////;::;\\\\ Scuttle Scuttle...

Milk for the Khorneflakes!

Luminous Bolt of Bacon
"Excuse me sir, You are on Fire."

☼Another☼

• Bay Watcher
  • I am inevitable.
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: January 29, 2017, 05:53:26 pm »

Hope Cog makes it to the island alive. Might explain how coconuts could get to medieval England too, blind drunk dwarven travellers with random elves who got bored bringing loads of them.

Northern or Southern elves?

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: January 31, 2017, 01:40:18 am »

I don't know that. Furthermore, I don't know anybod-AAAAIIIEEEEEEEE!!!!
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: January 31, 2017, 02:02:24 am »

I don't know that. Furthermore, I don't know anybod-AAAAIIIEEEEEEEE!!!!
*looks back at my companions with a shrug before grasping my imaginary reins and trotting away*

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: January 31, 2017, 04:12:27 am »

"How do you know so much about elves?"

"Comes with being a blind drunk, I suppose. Nudge nudge, wink wink, am I right?"
« Last Edit: January 31, 2017, 04:16:01 am by Bumber »
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: March 24, 2017, 05:53:44 pm »

I miss Cog
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16