Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Where shall Cog do next

Wait a year for winter and attempt an ocean crossing to Elf island
Head to the Southwestern Savannah / Unknown Civilizations beyond

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16]

Author Topic: Cog the blind Drunk  (Read 86820 times)

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
Re: Cog the blind Drunk
« Reply #225 on: June 02, 2017, 05:11:37 pm »

You guys are both crazy it's definitely static and I'm not messing with you for science at all.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

callisto8413

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: June 05, 2017, 08:07:09 pm »

Cog needs a sword, Cog needs a sword!  :D

Spoiler: Sword! (click to show/hide)
The most EVIL creature in Dwarf Fortress!

MrLurkety

• Bay Watcher
  • Bogeymen are tasty. So am I, to the bogeymen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: August 22, 2017, 08:08:10 pm »

Do NOT give the blind, drunk DWARf a sword. Or at least take it away when he could kill someone by accident.
Bay12 Evo game
-snip-
I'm not an expert on the political climate but I'm pretty sure that politicians don't join armies and invade dwarven fortresses.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: August 22, 2017, 08:44:20 pm »

Do NOT give the blind, drunk DWARf a sword. Or at least take it away when he could kill someone by accident.

Give him two swords. Or better yet, mod the game to allow impromptu creation of swords the same way you can make wooden tools, and also make them out of mangoes.

Big funny floppy mango swords. Bap bap bap.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: August 23, 2017, 07:28:12 am »

Give him two swords. Or better yet, mod the game to allow impromptu creation of swords the same way you can make wooden tools, and also make them out of mangoes.

Big funny floppy mango swords. Bap bap bap.

I NEED A MODDER STAT!!!

Also, has this been nominated for the HoL yet?
The Tale of Runlance - A Succession Fort in a Dying World

While the drink stocks run low and violence is rampant, the narcissistic tyrant demands a monument to his name

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: August 23, 2017, 07:32:56 am »

double post, sorry

I nominated this in the HoL, go vote for it. It more than deserves a spot there.

While the drink stocks run low and violence is rampant, the narcissistic tyrant demands a monument to his name

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: August 24, 2017, 08:43:37 am »

Can't vote for a few months, yet.

Be interesting to see where this goes in that time.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: May 08, 2018, 05:44:39 pm »

Just checking up on my favorite blind adventurer, I would love to see what our dear Cog does next.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #233 on: October 31, 2018, 09:39:59 pm »

This is a polite wake-up call to any lower-boarders still watching this three-year old thread, I've moved the story to this new thread with all of the posts and the new updates there, alongside all the fan-art (in particular, the lost post-it notes). I had thought it would be better to have all the updates coherently in one thread, rather than interspersed between a hundred posts mourning my lack of updates amidst three years of crises and neglect. I truthfully don't deserve such exemplary patience from you lot - Cog got stuck on ice (rather literally) and I have much to thank for the advice of Greatorder in how to resolve the issue (giving Cog extravision, flier and amphibious tags helped immensely, as I had to manually traverse an ocean in what felt like futility - with crashes and an FPS of <1). I didn't want to bump the thread with false hope as while Cog wasn't dead, he was trapped in data limbo which was made worse when I ended up beansing my only save. Only when I found a usable save on a USB stick did I make 5 billion copies of the save, continually crossing the ocean until one of them managed to escape the crash-loop which was being caused by temperature-ocean biome issues. Only now do I feel confident in saying that the Cog adventure lives!
It has hurt me on a philosophical level, never having closure for this blind drunk Dwarf. Every time I have seen a reference to a mechanical cog or a naval cog, or even one of my friends or a post in this thread inquired as to the fate of the dear Dwarf, and I couldn't give a definite answer as to his ultimate destiny. Thanking you all for the surprisingly persistent interest - the adventure will go on

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #234 on: October 31, 2018, 11:45:41 pm »

Naval cog? That must have hit particularly hard, given how you almost lost Cog to an ocean.
Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #235 on: November 01, 2018, 08:49:23 am »

Naval cog? That must have hit particularly hard, given how you almost lost Cog to an ocean.
Like Peter Parker and Uncle Ben
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16]