Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Question on modding the raws  (Read 640 times)

SeiggrainHart

• Bay Watcher
  • Order of the Black Arrow
    • View Profile
Question on modding the raws
« on: June 16, 2015, 01:26:15 am »

So I was looking through the raws for grasses, to see if there's a way to make the underground grasses start spawning in a map before the caverns are discovered, and one of my friends came up with an interesting idea... grass, made of metal.
Now, that in of itself interested me, but I want to get it right the first time, so again, I looked over the raws... I saw two MAT tokens on grasses, [USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:STRUCTURAL:STRUCTURAL_PLANT_TEMPLATE] and [BASIC_MAT:LOCAL_PLANT_MAT:STRUCTURAL].

Which do I change and how in order to make it behave like grass, but made of metal? This is for my mod 'Farming and stuff' found here.

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
Re: Question on modding the raws
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2015, 07:02:38 am »

So I was looking through the raws for grasses, to see if there's a way to make the underground grasses start spawning in a map before the caverns are discovered, and one of my friends came up with an interesting idea... grass, made of metal.
Now, that in of itself interested me, but I want to get it right the first time, so again, I looked over the raws... I saw two MAT tokens on grasses, [USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:STRUCTURAL:STRUCTURAL_PLANT_TEMPLATE] and [BASIC_MAT:LOCAL_PLANT_MAT:STRUCTURAL].

Which do I change and how in order to make it behave like grass, but made of metal? This is for my mod 'Farming and stuff' found here.
You should be able to use [BASIC_MAT:INORGANIC:IRON] and dispense with the structural material entirely.  Not sure if it will still be edible, though.  Grazing is an odd, mostly-hardcoded thing.
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

SeiggrainHart

• Bay Watcher
  • Order of the Black Arrow
    • View Profile
Re: Question on modding the raws
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2015, 03:59:03 pm »

I was mostly looking for a cosmetic underground grass, to make things more interesting, not one that would be used for grazing.