Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Reclamation Suggestion Game  (Read 1199 times)

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
Reclamation Suggestion Game
« on: April 06, 2015, 07:26:53 pm »

For years humans, elves, and dwarves all lived in the island of Terroga under a human King. Your father was just as well as his father and no one ever questioned the rule of the Kings of your family, not even the other races. King Yaroslav in particular was known as a superb administrator and a powerful judge of character and law. He was sometimes known as the "Heavenly fathers Fingertip" by some for his divine rule. Life in the island was essentially paradise without equal...until the Orcs attacked.

10 years ago the Orc Grand General Ormoz Blood-Spiller attacked the island with 5 war bands under the cover of darkness. The Orcs terrorized the country side and destroyed countless outposts and villages to get a taste of the land. In mere months half of the island was under their control and your father was looking much weaker both in health and in morale. Despite everything he cobbled together what remaining forces to meet General Ormoz at the gates of the Capital where you witnessed the Orcs firsthand take down the walls and pillage the entire city before assaulting the castle. Many fled to enter the castle but your father ordered the gates closed and the Orcs took their time murdering your people. Knowing the fight was over your father sent you and his entire family away to a passage that helped you escape along with some advisers. Your fathers death was never confirmed but after that day you have never seen him.

What followed was years on the run with the Orcs occupational forces hot on your heels. You spent summers running, autumn running, and hibernated during the winters as you saw your land taken from you. Then a sort of miracle happened on your 13th birthday, General Ormoz Blood-Spiller was killed by a jealous War Cheif who was in turn killed by the others. The Orcs having lost their leaders found themselves desprate to find replacements to not only please their Emperor overseas who wished for a Governor out of Ormoz but also to continue their reign of terror. It was not easy for them however, as Orcs tend to fight for years to decide who is fit to lead them and your spymaster made sure that even if a "winner" was found he would be dead the next night to keep the Orcs unorganized and unable to receive colonial benefits from their Emperor.

You are now 16 years of age. While your life as a Royal family member has not been standard you have experienced much. Possibly more than any King ever has and now you reflect on your life.

Character sheet:

Name: First and Last name.
Gender: Male/Female or...just for you Kevak Trap. Ya I just did that JUST FOR YOU!

During your childhood you were...

A trouble maker. You never stood still always convincing your brothers and sisters to come along as you played pranks and spied on courtiers at the palace. Whenever you were caught though you always knew how to weasle out of anything. In fact once you got a guard to apologize for not opening the vault doors to you..

Aggressive. You played rough with your brothers and sisters. In time you stole a wooden sword from one child and practiced without end. Your mother was worried but your father helped guide your energy to be more responcible. You would later have to give the sword back and buy a new one.

Studious. You couldn't help but dive into the royal archives and library. Everything was their from magic to hisotory and even records of Governance. You even found information on some Lords who attempted to force your parents to divorce via vicous rumors. They were never heard from again and no one is willing to answer what happened.

Continuing forward your life on the run has been rough and you have trained as hard as time was permitted. However, tragedy struck twice when..((Pick 2))

1. Your brothers and sisters were killed by the Orcs during a surprise raid. Although you fought your way out with your mother and most of your followers it has impacted your mother terribly. Her depression is without equal and no one can ever talk to her. You are not sure what to do with her either as she must now be carried wherever she wants to go. You returned the favor one week later by killing an Orc captain and slautering his troops camp. The area around now is more or less clean but you had to leave due to reasons outside your control. The locals however remember your story and tell it again and again. Many now wish to see the return of the Human Kings child on the throne.

2. Genocide. Wherever you went the population centers were destroyed as Orcs picked everything clean from the furniture and coin to floor boards and coffins. Mountains of death were everywhere and people cried for their gods to save them. You did what you could to help but nothing was enough and the affected soon died out also. You have never felt so incapable as a leader until those times. A few however live and tell the tale of your generosity to freedom fighters who in turn try to give you help where possible. They promise their loyalty if you can liberate the cities where they are located in.

3. Long live the Queen. Your mother was assassinated by bounty hunters and took her body despite your attempts to reclaim her. You know only from rumors that an Orcish captain was later eating her in front of his troop and you try not to think much about it..only you do. Your advisers share in the grief and worry that your legitimacy may be at an end now. You now are more prone to see assassins and have even employed one yourself to help you even the score.

((Lets see if this is the game to top all game!))

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
Re: Reclamation Suggestion Game
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2015, 07:32:35 pm »

Kerra Quanar
Both (alternatively Female)
Studious
We'll be a nerdy orphan with a dependent population.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2015, 08:12:23 pm by The Froggy Ninja »

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2015, 07:40:57 pm »

Name: Kalri Telvun
Studious

We shall be the nerdy trap orphan that happens to have a dependent population~

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2015, 07:42:03 pm »

You always do it so I thought for a change I might as well allow it.

EDIT: The possibility that is.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2015, 07:44:29 pm »

Well~ I actually haven't made a trap character for an SG intentionally for a while, the most recent one I can think of wasn't even my suggestion~ It's the Modern Night Creature one.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2015, 08:29:45 pm »

Studious

+1. The legend of the deposed trap nerd will echoe throughout eternity.
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2015, 08:42:14 pm »

Studious

+1. The legend of the deposed trap nerd will echoe throughout eternity.

+1

Sure, why not.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2015, 09:06:08 pm »

Kalri Telvun
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
You remember the complications of your birth prompting your family to name you male and forbid you to marry. Unfortunately, the Kingdom was not that progressive but the few who did know treated you no different so thats a plus. At least it would be if they were around.

You have woken up this morning and after devouring some breakfast with your followers you meet with your last three advisers. The final ones to have survived this arduous journey with you and those called by your father to be loyal to the end. Your financial adviser Stephen who has also taken up the mantle as your chancellor speaking on your behalf. Because of your upbringing you know that he will be vital in diplomatizing with the population enslaved. Secondly, there is Zatush your spymaster and your personal assasin. While he speaks very little he has always been at your side since you purchased his dagger to end the life of a particular Orc. He himself has his own scores to settle with an Orc Cheifs adviser that he claims to have eaten his wife. He is understandably so, still sour about it all. Finally, there is Grand Marshall Yun-hu. Yun led many battles against the Orcs but was relieved of command due to political reasons back at court that forced your father to pull him back. He detests talk without action and blames the loss of the country to the nobles and your father despite his respect for your Royal heritage.

You are currently about to enter the trade city of Nuren on the west coast of the island to meet with the populace. At least thats what Stephen wants you to do and has noted that if you fail to act like a prince it may prompt the city to refuse you despite the common struggles. Alternatively, you could hold another meeting to discuss you surroundings but the more time you waste the more time the Orcs have to regoup.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2015, 09:21:34 pm »

To the city!