Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 34

Author Topic: ARM Archives: Wiki related stuff and other record keeping.  (Read 43870 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff

This is a thread for wiki gnomes and other record keeping stuff. It's also where I'll dish out payments for the efforts of our helpful scribes and librarians. Ask about stuff to do on the wiki here as well, if you want to earn a token or two.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: ARM Archives: Wiki related stuff and other record keeping.
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2015, 09:32:12 pm »

Hmm. Alright so we're gonna dish out some cash here to our Dedicated Gnomes.

Paris: 7 tokens for work with the wiki templates

Aoshi, sword: 10 tokens for work rendered so far.

Kri, Sy: 7 tokens for work rendered

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2015, 11:26:02 pm »

Wait, what?  I'm getting paid?  Why?  I do barely anything, certainly less than the other people.  And I can't even spend tokens- they just get shoved into the team fund.

This is a great idea though.

We're under the impression that you update the wiki for Heph :P

I'm not sure what you're supposed to do with the tokens, though... XD

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2015, 11:28:01 pm »

Well yeah, but that's minor.  More bookkeeping than anything else.

I think Radio should get paid too, although he's technically the richest person in the game.  He's done a lot of work on the wiki, not to mention everything he does as our leader/manager/idiot wrangler.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2015, 11:32:25 pm »

I'm not sure what you're supposed to do with the tokens, though... XD
Stockpile them and make it rain? :P
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2015, 11:34:08 pm »

Well yeah, but that's minor.  More bookkeeping than anything else.

I think Radio should get paid too, although he's technically the richest person in the game.  He's done a lot of work on the wiki, not to mention everything he does as our leader/manager/idiot wrangler.

We discussed that while we were in IRC chatting about this, PW feels he's been appropriately compensated with ludicrous power for his contributions :P

(my words, not PW's)

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2015, 11:55:34 pm »

Oh, extra tokens are certainly usefull for newbie like me. 8)
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2015, 02:44:48 am »

And I can't even spend tokens- they just get shoved into the team fund.

Is that, like, official, or a figure of speech?

We discussed that while we were in IRC chatting about this, PW feels he's been appropriately compensated with ludicrous power for his contributions :P
(my words, not PW's)

Can hardly argue with that, though it'd have been nice if I could've been there when it was discussed. Still, might someone be able to show the chat logs? More out of curiosity than anything else.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2015, 02:49:41 am »

Wait, what?  I'm getting paid?  Why?  I do barely anything, certainly less than the other people.  And I can't even spend tokens- they just get shoved into the team fund.

This is a great idea though.
You could give 'em to me! :D
I'm your pal, right?
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2015, 02:59:13 am »

(my words, not PW's)
Can hardly argue with that, though it'd have been nice if I could've been there when it was discussed. Still, might someone be able to show the chat logs? More out of curiosity than anything else.

Sure, no problem. It was a pretty quick discussion, PW just popped in and started asking about who worked on the wiki

Spoiler: Random Wiki Talks (click to show/hide)

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2015, 03:34:11 am »

Thanks, that helps!

3 things come to mind:

1) pw, remmeber that if you have jobs, just post them on the team fund page and say how much they pay and what exactly you need. We already offer tokens for certain wiki jobs, remember?

2) I find it hilarious how we already keep track of a lot of crap like who goes on what mission, with lists and all, and pw doesn't even realize it. Maybe we should start trying to advertise such pages better?

3) we already kind of have a very easy way to track who does 'a lot' on the wiki: http://einsteinianroulette.wikia.com/wiki/Special:Leaderboard
Surprised none of you brought it up. If that could be reset (EDIT: nope, it can't apparently), we can use it to track stuff a little, though of course certain things aren't decently reflected (eg the work it takes setting up a template). Also, looking into it, I just remembered I could set up custom awards, change the names of the existing ones, etc. Heh. Much fun could be had there.

Oh, and
Apr 07 19:33:02 <CaellathII>   He's getting a bit overzealous since I was already helping set up Joker mission and he was trying to wrench it away from my dead hands.
Nah man, just ensuring blops actually had the toys they'd need to do their mission... without completely bankrupting the fund (seriously, you guys wanted 50+ tokens worth in battle stims alone!)

In other wiki news: I've enabled polls now. Gonna try to post a new one on the home page from time to time. If people have a hilarious idea for a poll, pm it to me.

I also enabled blogs. Not sure if that'll ever be used, but it might be nice to have for some people.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2015, 04:02:28 am by Radio Controlled »

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2015, 04:03:12 am »

One handy wiki page: Wanted pages. Lists all pages that do not exist but are linked to. Easy way to see what is needed.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2015, 04:09:04 am »

One handy wiki page: Wanted pages. Lists all pages that do not exist but are linked to. Easy way to see what is needed.

Good idea, gonna use that instead of our current (outdated) wanted page.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2015, 09:04:32 am »

Apr 07 19:33:02 <CaellathII>   He's getting a bit overzealous since I was already helping set up Joker mission and he was trying to wrench it away from my dead hands.
Nah man, just ensuring blops actually had the toys they'd need to do their mission... without completely bankrupting the fund (seriously, you guys wanted 50+ tokens worth in battle stims alone!)

Oh, but that is team fund-related and in those cases of course they have to seek you since you oversee it. I meant that for a moment it seemed you also wanted to organize Black Ops like you were doing to the other two teams. And in case you haven't noticed from the tone of the post, it wasn't a big deal.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 34