Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 34

Author Topic: ARM Archives: Wiki related stuff and other record keeping.  (Read 44081 times)

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
Re: ARM Archives: Wiki related stuff and other record keeping.
« Reply #450 on: January 20, 2016, 01:23:10 pm »

We have too many grenade items. Too many variants. Some are Brisant compatible, some are not. It's a mess. Personally I think we should move all variants under generic "Brisant grenade" item which in turn comes in different types. From wiki gnome point of view it helps when there's only one grenade page to link to.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #451 on: January 20, 2016, 02:49:04 pm »

But probably best moved to Aux section, as such (where, say, the Cutting Torch resides).
I think things should be categorized depending on what is commonly rolled to use them. So if that thing uses Uncon, it should be Uncon.

Funny enough, I think this is the only amp ever that might be obsolete - because of the Dominator one, of course. Unless this one has its specific uses (in which case it is strictly niche), it is unfortunately outclassed.
The Connector, Overrider and Dominator each have things they're good at and things they're bad at, even though they all manipulate biology. More details can be found on their specific page.

Do we have anything mind-control-ish or anything that could be used by someone with Charisma that isn't exotic?

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: January 20, 2016, 02:52:33 pm »

But probably best moved to Aux section, as such (where, say, the Cutting Torch resides).
I think things should be categorized depending on what is commonly rolled to use them. So if that thing uses Uncon, it should be Uncon.
Well the problem is it doesn't commonly roll with anything. Attacking with it? Strength/dex. Using it as a tool? Handi/Aux/Med. Attacking with it in a particularly fancy way? Maybe uncon. It's difficult to classify. I'm not opposed to it being moved to aux.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #453 on: January 20, 2016, 02:57:46 pm »

Wasn't it meant to be like a replacement for kinamps? I thought that would make it use Uncon for attacks. Especially if you put some fancy morphing attacks in there.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: January 20, 2016, 03:04:55 pm »

Well the problem is it doesn't commonly roll with anything. Attacking with it? Strength/dex. Using it as a tool? Handi/Aux/Med. Attacking with it in a particularly fancy way? Maybe uncon. It's difficult to classify. I'm not opposed to it being moved to aux.
It is subjected to armor thickness questions, therefore it is armor.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #455 on: January 20, 2016, 03:12:59 pm »

The names of items in the Armory are not displayed on mobile devices.  I have no idea how to fix that...

Edit: if anyone has a moment, can I get their opinion on the Infinite Multitool?  How does it compare to just getting "assorted tools" from Fred, which are free?
Fixed. It was a result of me experimenting with categorizing templates themselves with wikia's new system. Apparently wikia doesn't bother to display Navigation-related templates in its mobile skin. So I categorized it as Data instead.

About the second thing, it's only advantage is probably that you can't get piecewise to say "you don't have tool X", since you're supposed to have every non-electrical tool, if I understand it correctly. So it's perfect for handiwork or even just regular mission work, especially blops mission work or other long term missions (although we'll probably not see many of those). Of course, it has the disadvantage that you can't throw it like wrench. :P But if you're buying it, then you're probably into Handiwork, so you could probably solve that problem. :P

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: January 20, 2016, 03:16:05 pm »

Wasn't it meant to be like a replacement for kinamps? I thought that would make it use Uncon for attacks. Especially if you put some fancy morphing attacks in there.
It started as a sort of kinamp replacement, but it morphed into something completely different during development. The exo using version is much more similar to a kinamp, but uses exo (cause you move it and change it with your mind).

Edit: PW did say power tools use uncon before, so about half the pimpknuckle modes should use uncon as well then.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2016, 06:24:31 pm by NAV »
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: January 21, 2016, 01:04:10 am »

Ehhh, only if used as weapons. Which is, I guess, using them wrong.

Theoretically, they should be Handiwork, but since there is no such category (and Aux overlaps with Handi use somewhat, say, when one is "doctoring" robots), I propose to move them to Auxiliary Systems section.
(This is in regards to the multitool pimp-bundle. The Exo variant is torn somewhere between Exo and (I assume) Uncon sections (as an Exo-based-shapeshifting melee weapon). Just as the Ghost Blade, so no real trouble here.)
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: January 21, 2016, 01:17:09 am »

Go ahead and move it. I was torn between the two sections when adding it anyway.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: January 21, 2016, 01:31:12 am »

Nah, we're discussing the whole change of the Armory here. Let's flesh out the changes to make and then implement them all at once? (Or over a period of time, but still as one logical piece of work. To avoid losing the track of the bigger picture, of what needs to be done over the many unconnected incremental changes.)
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: January 26, 2016, 03:35:21 am »

What kind of mission would you like to do next?

Something military with lots of murder
 Something weird and alien
 Something diplomatic and maybe violent if you mess up
 Something completely different
 I have no opinion
 I'll tell you in the OOC thread.

The poll was created at 07:30 on January 16, 2016, and so far 25 people voted.

Removing poll, these were the results.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: January 26, 2016, 03:47:26 am »

Say Radio, have you finalized the M24 pay yet? I don't mean to be overly pushy, I just need to know who I'm going to borrow from (unless you're generous to me for some unexplained reason).
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: January 26, 2016, 03:48:25 am »

Say Radio, have you finalized the M24 pay yet? I don't mean to be overly pushy, I just need to know who I'm going to borrow from (unless you're generous to me for some unexplained reason).

Waiting for response from pw. Thought he'd answer yesterday, but no dice.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: January 26, 2016, 03:49:53 am »

I thought it might be something like that. I'm okay with waiting, I've done it long enough that a little more won't hurt.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 34