Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11

Author Topic: Two hundred megabeast mass brawl on embark  (Read 36140 times)

Staalo

• Bay Watcher
  • It's all for the betterment of Dwarfkind - honest!
    • View Profile
Re: Two hundred megabeast mass brawl on embark
« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2015, 07:33:12 am »

What I meant was that there are still nearly ten thousand megabeasts in the world, just waiting to visit Savagesilver, the popular new tourist destination among monsters. I suspect the surface will see lots of heavy traffic in the future.

Besides, someone forgot to tell the colossi that they're supposed to stay in their lairs and not to run around near my entrance and play football with passing wildlife. And of course Ostath the roc is still roaming around... better to stay underground until the dwarves are better equipped to deal with the big guys.

I suppose things will change once I get some cage traps ready... if the fortress can survive that far.

Kasmko Taldequihu, Human Criminal corrupted zombie is visiting.
Mong Todsporro, Human Criminal death zombie is visiting.

Uhhh... welcome?

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2015, 07:51:09 am »

Yeah but I mean when I exported the pop and sites I got this:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

No civilized world population, but I was able to play fortress and adventurer mode?

The third one, all of those, actually, sound incredibly dirty.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 09, 2015, 08:07:24 am »

Should try a "monster island" world gen with megabeast numbers like this. 

Okay, not exactly like this.  A single world tile is a little small, even Vanod would have a hard time unless you dropped the numbers to the mere hundreds.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 09, 2015, 10:04:59 am »

Rocs are the only thing keeping me from adding flight to dragons, it's bad enough when they've got steel bones, but for some reason once a Roc gets airborne you've got like a 90% chance of getting your head snatched off.

Dwarf4Explosives

• Bay Watcher
  • Souls are tasty. Kinda like bacon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 09, 2015, 11:52:15 am »

Oh god this is hilarious. Once you hit the megabeast triggers, you're going to be a goner Staalo. Well, probably. I wouldn't be surprised if you got fifty all at once.
And yet another bit of proof that RNG is toying with us. We do 1984, it does animal farm
...why do your hydras have two more heads than mine? 
Does that mean male hydras... oh god dammit.

Dwarf_Fever

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 09, 2015, 02:18:36 pm »

Yeah but I mean when I exported the pop and sites I got this:

No civilized world population, but I was able to play fortress and adventurer mode?

The third one, all of those, actually, sound incredibly dirty.

Indeed. Also a shout-out to the fortress "Gorgedangle," from the overland screenshot, the lair "The Nuts of Control," and the dark fortress "Squirtmonsters."
"Whatever exists, having somehow come into being, is again and again reinterpreted to new ends, taken over, transformed, and redirected by some power superior to it; all events in the organic world are a subduing, a becoming master, and all subduing and becoming master involves a fresh interpretation, an adaptation through which any previous 'meaning' and 'purpose' are necessarily obscured or obliterated."

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 09, 2015, 02:43:56 pm »

:o Holy shit !

I think i'm gonna embark on pocket worlds with thousands of megabeasts at year 2.

MUST GET 150 MEGABEAST SIEGES. FUCK YEAH. NO NEED FOR FORTRESS DEFENSE.

« Last Edit: April 09, 2015, 02:45:42 pm by Naryar »

Galena

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 09, 2015, 03:20:09 pm »

With all civilized population dying after ~13 years, I wonder if a world can hit 100,000 years. It seems there's be few barriers.
He listed off what sounded like a lot of painful-sounding procedures that needed to be done, then proceeded to immediately throw a party.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 09, 2015, 04:07:06 pm »

I decided to do an adventure after genning a world for a thousand years.

I'm holed up in a night creature's hideout. There's a hydra outside the door. Send help.

Dwarf_Fever

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 09, 2015, 04:21:15 pm »

I'm holed up in a night creature's hideout. There's a hydra outside the door. Send help.

What's that you said in there? Send more hydras? Gettin' right on that, good buddy.
"Whatever exists, having somehow come into being, is again and again reinterpreted to new ends, taken over, transformed, and redirected by some power superior to it; all events in the organic world are a subduing, a becoming master, and all subduing and becoming master involves a fresh interpretation, an adaptation through which any previous 'meaning' and 'purpose' are necessarily obscured or obliterated."

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 09, 2015, 04:24:43 pm »

Staalo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 10, 2015, 01:40:18 am »

Savagesilver made it to summer and got its first migrants! All seven even managed to get safely inside despite Ostath the roc hovering in dangerous position after dismembering a pair of eagle men.

It seems that all new dwarves are procedurally generated with no history or relatives. This makes me worry that the mountain hall might already be fallen and all historical dwarves murdered... well, we'll see that by autumn. If there's no outpost liaison it might be clue that Savagesilver is the last outpost of dwarven civilization in this world.

I'd really like to get at all those masterwork bronze statues just lying around the Fight Club arena. Only thing standing in the way of profitable looting is Ngostôz Conflictmessiah the Steamy Diamond, the most vicious of all bronze colossi. While his buddies crawl half melted and crippled underground, he alone keeps prowling around the structure and smearing all passing creatures into scenery. Dwarves can't approach the structure while he's on the surface; I might have to pull a bait dwarf trick to lure him into a cage trap.

Uhhh... welcome?

SimRobert2001

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 10, 2015, 04:34:42 am »

So what if you regen it past mass extinction of all dwarven races? Are you able to start at all?

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 10, 2015, 05:53:58 am »

Somsil, Region 4, let it run the full 175 years:

No civilized world population whatsoever.

Yet:

There are sites to reclaim so I guess that's all it takes.

Staalo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 10, 2015, 09:36:35 am »

Could be that the last king is still alive somewhere, maybe as a bandit leader or something. He could be old but as long as he lives the civilization exists.

---

Merchants visited Savagesilver and with them came the outpost liaison. So the mountainhome is still there and looks like there is one other site alive as well. So what are the news from the civilization?

"The world is same as ever." Keep saying yourself that if it makes you sleep better, Melbil...

I traded for weapons, of course. Lots of weapons.

Uhhh... welcome?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11