Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]

Author Topic: Two hundred megabeast mass brawl on embark  (Read 36109 times)

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Two hundred megabeast mass brawl on embark
« Reply #150 on: May 08, 2015, 05:16:54 pm »

What would happen if you modded the game so that it considered forgotten beasts as megabeasts?
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: May 08, 2015, 05:21:48 pm »

What would happen if you modded the game so that it considered forgotten beasts as megabeasts?
Can't mod FBs m8.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: May 09, 2015, 08:19:51 pm »

Can't mod FBs m8.
Aw. Why can't we?
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: May 09, 2015, 08:20:39 pm »

Oops (double post).
« Last Edit: May 09, 2015, 10:15:13 pm by ATHATH »

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: May 10, 2015, 12:48:08 am »

They're generated from stuff which isn't in the raws as such. They're basically titans just underground.

sirvente

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: May 10, 2015, 03:02:29 am »

Because by the time the game has generated their raws it's already too late to change them into megabeast. You can extract the raws of pregenned forgotten beasts and splice them into your raw file as new megabeasts though.

Staalo

• Bay Watcher
  • It's all for the betterment of Dwarfkind - honest!
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: May 10, 2015, 05:07:00 am »

There's a separate worldgen setting for titans/FBs, but it seems that high megabeast settings somehow suppress the birth of FBs. If you want to get a world ruled by procedurally generated monsters try a pocket world with max titan count and low megabeast and semimegabeast lair count. I have seen worlds with hundreds of titans and FBs during my experiments.
Kasmko Taldequihu, Human Criminal corrupted zombie is visiting.
Mong Todsporro, Human Criminal death zombie is visiting.

Uhhh... welcome?

XXXXYYYY

• Bay Watcher
  • Been a long time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: May 10, 2015, 11:44:21 am »

Wow. I might have ta join in on this one, if my computer can handle it.
Oooooooo. I know. ClF3. That should be a fun surprise.

Staalo

• Bay Watcher
  • It's all for the betterment of Dwarfkind - honest!
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: February 11, 2016, 05:57:28 pm »

I am very happy to announce that Temples of Armok are still a thing in .42.xx. My dwarves are currently hiding in a lair at the foot of a glorious eighteen levels high structure originally filled with nearly six hundred megabeasts of various types. Looks like about fifty dragons are going to emerge as the rulers this map after the initial carnage; even bronze colossi couldn't withstand draconic crossfire.

One of the dragons torched the wagon and most of the animals upon arrival and the surface is continuously on fire. There are no supplies. Send help.

This going to be so much !!FUN!! And with the new version even the engravings are going to make justice to it all.
Kasmko Taldequihu, Human Criminal corrupted zombie is visiting.
Mong Todsporro, Human Criminal death zombie is visiting.

Uhhh... welcome?

eharper256

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary +5 Nep-Nep Fanboy
    • View Profile
    • Detarame
« Reply #159 on: February 16, 2016, 02:41:10 pm »

Excellent! I'm happy that the temples of armok still work in the new version. I may try starting a community fort in such a world for shiz and giggles.
"If the world's a stage, and the people actors, then who the f**k has my script!?"
Community Fort "Lakebones"
My Games & Anime Blog, Detarame

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: February 17, 2016, 03:16:20 pm »

Is there a way to make megabeasts not kill each other, modded or otherwise? I'm going to find one of these and conquer it with an army, but it's only worth doing if I can fight all the monsters instead of having them kill each other.

Wandering about a place like this might be like exploring a dungeon crawler if not for the friendly monster fire.
...as if nothing really matters...

The Legend of Tholtig Cryptbrain: 8000 dead elves and a cyclops

Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]