Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11

Author Topic: Two hundred megabeast mass brawl on embark  (Read 35817 times)

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
Re: Two hundred megabeast mass brawl on embark
« Reply #105 on: April 16, 2015, 01:24:11 am »

Killing each other too.

Propman

• Bay Watcher
  • Eh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: April 16, 2015, 01:50:22 am »

More generation research, and while I could not locate a volcano temple, I have come across a quite ghastly structure, appropriately named Necrowhim, situated on a sinister mountain.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Quote from: from Pathos on April 07, 2010, 08:29:05 pm »
( It was inevitable, really. )

Proudnerd

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_FIGHTING] [CAFFEINE _DEPENDANT]
    • View Profile
    • My writing profile
« Reply #107 on: April 16, 2015, 04:42:36 am »

This is seriously awesome i need to try this.
"Oi Urdim! Monom just died, can ye go fetch his old hand from the pile o' severed limbs?"
"Eh how am I supposed to know which one's his?"
"I dunno, just grab the one that stinks the least and throw it in."

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: April 16, 2015, 06:08:17 am »

Clearly this is Armok's work. He's bored, so he makes eldritch buildings and creates forgotten beasts inside them so they fight for his pleasure.

Dwarf4Explosives

• Bay Watcher
  • Souls are tasty. Kinda like bacon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: April 16, 2015, 08:09:30 am »

Oh god. Undead dragon army. You must trap these creatures. And preferably unleash them on hell.
And yet another bit of proof that RNG is toying with us. We do 1984, it does animal farm
...why do your hydras have two more heads than mine? 
Does that mean male hydras... oh god dammit.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: April 17, 2015, 12:36:42 am »

Hit the wrong world parameter set trying to make an interesting first world for the gf to play on since I got her to try out bashing some goblins with Gar Legendbreaker and she was quite disappointed when she ran out, but yeah, I was trying to find a nice interesting little world, lots of stuff going on, a nice amount of history to dig into and so forth.

Well, the parameter set right below the funworlds I like to make is one of the 10k mega/semi worlds inspired by the thread here, I noticed when the histfigs jumped straight to 20k after the long ass loading period. I hit enter and just accepted it at year 6 to see how it turned out, and went on to make a more normal world for her (only 20 mega/10 semi) and then I got curious.

See, while I was sifting through the worlds I made for her to see if I could find some active warfare for her to stumble across I recalled seeing a draconic rampage with 2 dragons involved in one of the normal worlds which was taking place with sieges on before and after on the same site, fun stuff! "Hmmm, wonder what those look like in the stupidhighpop worlds?" I thought.

*Meanwhile in some town on one of these crazymonster worlds.*
"Whew, I'm so glad those hundreds of Rocs got bored and left with their random trinkets, but now the worst is over. We can rebuild, we can show them that none may break the indomitable dwarven spirit!"

*suddenly*

"Ow fuck, my spirit."

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: April 17, 2015, 12:13:06 pm »

Can I see the full screen of that announcement? Somehow I think I'll be able to perceive the look of terror in all the little ☺
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

shroobot3000

• Bay Watcher
  • Procrastinator Supreme
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: April 17, 2015, 02:40:28 pm »

*suddenly*

This makes HFS look like kobolds.
I really need to get around to actually playing DF. I've only genned a world and the fort Boltedgears
This is only the beginning. We will prepare, we will grow stronger. When the time is right, we will emerge and take our rightful place as the supreme power of the universe!
To be honest, the kids can barely survive step 1 of Project Traumatise-Children, let alone the "Skinny dipping in magma" Phase of the plan.

We need to perfect the main part of the childcare program before we start going all crazy.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: April 17, 2015, 02:45:50 pm »

Can I see the full screen of that announcement? Somehow I think I'll be able to perceive the look of terror in all the little ☺
That's from legends mode, silly.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: April 17, 2015, 08:09:48 pm »

Yar, go into the "Age of Myth" section (since yanno, you can't get out of that age with 20k powers running around) then check out one of the draconic rampages.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Staalo

• Bay Watcher
  • It's all for the betterment of Dwarfkind - honest!
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: April 18, 2015, 04:02:49 am »

Now what's a dwarf gotta do to get some attention around here? There's supposed to be nearly ten thousand beasts in this world but not one of them ever visits poor old Savagesilver. I was expecting to have them queuing at the gates by now.

Are captured current residents somehow blocking wandering megabeasts from appearing?
Kasmko Taldequihu, Human Criminal corrupted zombie is visiting.
Mong Todsporro, Human Criminal death zombie is visiting.

Uhhh... welcome?

shroobot3000

• Bay Watcher
  • Procrastinator Supreme
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: April 18, 2015, 04:37:32 am »

Megabeasts will not attack the player until they have accumulated a minimum wealth of 100,000☼ or a minimum population of 80 dwarves.
Df wiki on megabeasts. Pretty sure you probably have more than 100,000 in loot, maybe you need to sell it first?
This is only the beginning. We will prepare, we will grow stronger. When the time is right, we will emerge and take our rightful place as the supreme power of the universe!
To be honest, the kids can barely survive step 1 of Project Traumatise-Children, let alone the "Skinny dipping in magma" Phase of the plan.

We need to perfect the main part of the childcare program before we start going all crazy.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: April 18, 2015, 04:41:28 am »

Check legends in a copied save and look for duels between megabeasts.

kuniqs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: April 18, 2015, 12:44:00 pm »

Is this RTS battletoads?

Staalo

• Bay Watcher
  • It's all for the betterment of Dwarfkind - honest!
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: April 18, 2015, 12:50:15 pm »

I checked the Legends and found out what the megabeasts have been doing since my embark:

Nothing.

There are almost no mentions of megabeasts doing anything since 12, not counting the hectic action at the Savagesilver Fight Club of course. Maybe, since they already practically own this world, there's no need to do anything. I can well imagine them growing fat and complacent and not bothering with all this tiresome rampaging business anymore.

BTW, I found out the name of the Fight Club structure: "Beigemosses the Competition of Indignation." Not what I expected.
Kasmko Taldequihu, Human Criminal corrupted zombie is visiting.
Mong Todsporro, Human Criminal death zombie is visiting.

Uhhh... welcome?
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11