Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: I need some ideas...  (Read 1067 times)

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
I need some ideas...
« on: April 09, 2015, 12:42:18 pm »

I was wanting to try and create a new version of my Draconic Civilization mod, but I ran straight into the wall of having no ideas of what to add.  Anyone have any ideas that they think would make sense?
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
Re: I need some ideas...
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2015, 06:47:49 pm »

Change dragon skin so that it can tan into a second type of leather, Dragon hide. Stronger than steel and fire resistant.
When under seige by the other races, thier great champions mock you with the armor of your own dead. Your own power, taken from you, warped, twisted, turned against you. An insult and a challange to your entire race!
...probably just the giants would use dragon hide armor, but mabey some other races too. Makes that feud a little more personal.
Science is Meta gaming IRL. Humans are cheating fucks.

AceSV

• Bay Watcher
  • [SUPER_VILLAIN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2015, 09:49:09 pm »

If it was me, there would be multiple species of dragon with their own civilizations.  Diamond Dragons, Ruby Dragons, Sapphire Dragons, Emerald Dragons, or Fire Dragons, Earth Dragons, Water Dragons, Air Dragons, or Gold Dragons, Iron Dragons, Lead Dragons, Bronze Dragons, or Mountain Dragons, Forest Dragons, Coast Dragons, Desert Dragons whatever. 

Maybe some dragonic animals if you don't have that already.  Wild wyverns and wyrms throughout the countryside.  Or a dragonification template, like Giant Animal or Animal Man, there are Draco-Animals.  Since giant animals are already a thing, maybe some Colossus Animals. Strike the earth quickly, ere the draco-tigers and bronze wolves get hungry. 

Maybe Dragon scale/hide crafts are not an insult, but a form of ancestor worship.  Turn grandpa into a sword and carry him into battle. 
could God in fact send a kea to steal Excalibur and thereby usurp the throne of the Britons? 
Furry Fortress 3 The third saga unfurls.  Now with Ninja Frogs and Dogfish Pirates.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2015, 11:57:59 am »

Change dragon skin so that it can tan into a second type of leather, Dragon hide. Stronger than steel and fire resistant.
When under seige by the other races, thier great champions mock you with the armor of your own dead. Your own power, taken from you, warped, twisted, turned against you. An insult and a challange to your entire race!
...probably just the giants would use dragon hide armor, but mabey some other races too. Makes that feud a little more personal.

This is a pretty good idea.  Probably going to implement

If it was me, there would be multiple species of dragon with their own civilizations.  Diamond Dragons, Ruby Dragons, Sapphire Dragons, Emerald Dragons, or Fire Dragons, Earth Dragons, Water Dragons, Air Dragons, or Gold Dragons, Iron Dragons, Lead Dragons, Bronze Dragons, or Mountain Dragons, Forest Dragons, Coast Dragons, Desert Dragons whatever. 

I might implement a couple of these as castes, maybe.  I only have one Dragon Civilization as I believe that having multiple would cause it to be redundant and make them drown out the other civs.

Maybe some dragonic animals if you don't have that already.  Wild wyverns and wyrms throughout the countryside.  Or a dragonification template, like Giant Animal or Animal Man, there are Draco-Animals.  Since giant animals are already a thing, maybe some Colossus Animals. Strike the earth quickly, ere the draco-tigers and bronze wolves get hungry. 

A few draconic creatures would make sense from the standpoint of 'evolution' of the dragons.  I could add some lesser collossi that were able to be controlled by dwarves, if I could figure out how that is even done.

Maybe Dragon scale/hide crafts are not an insult, but a form of ancestor worship.  Turn grandpa into a sword and carry him into battle. 

Eh...the giants using it as a part of the feud seems more fitting for the setting.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2015, 04:28:27 pm »

The first idea is very easy to do and works great. I do it in every mod.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository