Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Accused Vampires won't become hostile (for me)  (Read 2189 times)

TheHossofMoss

• Bay Watcher
  • "Man muss Heu machen, solange die Sonne scheint."
    • View Profile
Accused Vampires won't become hostile (for me)
« on: April 15, 2015, 01:17:31 pm »

Hello all,
I apologize if there is another thread on this, but from what I saw, I saw no thread talking about this.

Anyways, my problem is exactly that. I've got a human law-giver vampire that I was tasked with accusing and slaying. What is strange, and frustrating, is that he WILL NOT attack me. Also found another vampire lord in the keep with him. He will not attack me either. If I kill either of them (I've save scummed) I get called a murderer, and people attack me.

Is there anyway to make them attack me, so that I'm defending myself, and am not the aggressor? Because I've been doing a lot of stuff for these Lords in this keep, and it ticks me off that it's ending up this way.

Any possible tips/advice will be greatly appreciated! :)
On the Fifth Day of Axemas, my love saved the fort from...
Five sieging Werebeasts, four Giant Dingoes, three sneaky Thieves, two drunken Black bears, and a Titan killing spree!

SaD-82

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Accused Vampires won't become hostile (for me)
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2015, 01:49:16 pm »

Is there anyway to make them attack me, so that I'm defending myself, and am not the aggressor?

Nope, never.
You will always be a killer, no matter which person you've slain.
In the case of vampires you also will be an aggressor due to a simple bug:
It's not you who accused the vampire.
Therefore he will never get hostile towards you (exceptions are the roaming vampires in the wild who attack on sight - but there you also will be a killer and murderer since the vampire is part of a normal entity).

You can check this for yourself:
Accuse a vampire and kill him (or just remember his name).
Retire or make a copy of your save and retire in this.
Go to Legends.
Search for the vampire and look who accused him.
Search for said person.
And you will get the problem in 40.XX with vampires.

What you can do to minimalize the spitting:
Put your weapons away and start a fistfight with the vampire.
Lure him out where nobody can see you and nobody is in immediate range (i.e. not only out of the building but out of the site - this can be tricky).
And then slay him.
And never talk to anyone about this vampire again.
Vampire dead - you'll gain some stats - you will know the truth (kind of batman of DF).

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2015, 07:09:42 pm »

that mostly because vampires once outed drop their Civ and entity to trigger them to attack as vampire state alone won't cause people to go berserk as do werewolves in fort mode it's a work around to make adventurers not flip a table over being a whistleblower. sadly with the new updates and added Civ type ids to units outing one just blank a few checks than say all of them causing them to not act out like their wild.

then there's the whole entities get wipe every incursion and the new guy doesn't care about past history of the guy who is dead.
the small groups are battling out on taking over sites too care about crimes that affected their rivals.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2015, 09:50:40 pm »

I almost wish we could taunt people into attacking like in Morrowind. But then again, NPCs don't understand self-defense kills yet.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2015, 03:52:52 am »

They sort of do. If you kill someone who attacks you, you're a killer. If you attack and kill someone, you're also unhinged for perpetrating a violent attack on someone. If you kill someone an NPC's knows, then you're a murder either way.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2015, 12:49:32 pm »

I believe it's a bug with patches after 0.40.14. Prior to the emotion/thought changes I recall accusing someone of being a vampire (on version 0.40.10 I believe) and them attacking me and nearby peasants.

On the current version I did the same thing and the vampire didn't attack (he spat on me though and said he hated me) and nearby soldiers (it was in a mead hall) didn't react in any way.

TheHossofMoss

• Bay Watcher
  • "Man muss Heu machen, solange die Sonne scheint."
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2015, 03:03:45 pm »

Hey thanks for all your help people! I apologize for not being able to reply, I was building my very first gaming computer, and when it got built two nights ago, I forgot about everything else in life....

... fortunately my grades in college are still intact. Anyways, alas, I shall just do what y'all said, and start a fist fight, and hope he runs outside. I'll probably do it at night, so most people are asleep.
On the Fifth Day of Axemas, my love saved the fort from...
Five sieging Werebeasts, four Giant Dingoes, three sneaky Thieves, two drunken Black bears, and a Titan killing spree!