Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Start again with more  things (elf races, werecreatures, necromancers) or stay the course?

Stick to your guns and this thread man, might as well right?
- 3 (21.4%)
Indifferent/ Either is fine
- 2 (14.3%)
Fresh start! More violence! More weres! More Elves!
- 9 (64.3%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Spiritnet - Need input - Start fresh with additions or continue?  (Read 9805 times)

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
Re: Spiritnet - Surrounded by elves. First Skirmish!
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2015, 01:14:32 pm »

HEMATITE 15-2

Success! Rovod found some pig tails, and Ast reported back to us that Kib did great! He got the drop on what turned out to be a fuck-all sized crocodile. We'll be eating well tonight! And Rovod may well have saved Doduk's life.

HEMATITE 21

9 Migrants, all the way from the Basin! Brave dwarves to have made it here, and craft too; they say they managed to avoid getting attacked on the way.

HEMATITE 27

Doduk's survived! And made a beautiful skirt to behold, that's for sure!

MALACHITE 3

A black bear tried to slip into the fortress, no doubt drawn by the smell of meat being cooked. Thankfully nobody got hurt, but I'm going to ask Kubuk to send someone after it anyway.

MALACHITE 3-2

I'll include a crude copy of what I saw when I checked on the bear problem.

Apparently someone decided an angry mob would do the trick instead of letting the militia deal with it.

MALACHITE 9

An election is due in Limestone since there's 51 of us, so I took the liberty (I am leader after all,) of having the diggers start work on a mayoral suite.

And after that, a tomb complex.

Better safe than sorry when it comes to corpses that used to be dwarves. Plus Kib needs somewhere to put his teeth, though I agree with Datan; he should let her string them together so he can wear them as a necklace!

GALENA 9

Well, this is my last entry as leader. As of noon today, Obok Brassfair will be in charge. I can only hope she knows what to do, since she doesn't seem keen on listening to Lolor. That dwarf seems more concerned with bagging some beast or another than running a fortress in the middle of elf country.

I have to wonder how she even won the election with three votes...

YEAR 2
WRITER: OBOK BRASSFAIRS
SITE LEADER: OBOK BRASSFAIRS (Mayor)
POPULATION: 51

That woodchop gave me this log and told me to record thing that directly impact the fortress as a whole. Well, here's something: I'm the mayor  now! And as my first act as mayor, I want windows. The others whined about not knowing anything about glassmaking, so I told them to figure it out or I'd have my younger brother beat the tar out of one them. He respects the law, so he'd have to do it. Although I should probably get him se tup with some proper lodging if I'm gonna make him my personal beating dispenser...

13th Limestone

Caravan's here. Good thing the woodchops finished my office. I met with the liaison and nothing big happened. I maintained the old order for some metal ores, flux, and added some pearlash and flux at max price (because Vucar said we absolutely must have soap or something,) and they want some random junk in return according to the

FUCK THEM THOSE ARE MY WINDOWS.

18th Limestone

Someone's acting odd. Started screaming about potatoes and turnips having all the answers and throwing the stonecrafter out of her shop. He grabbed a mass of bones and went to work. Simple, but hey. Chances are me and my fellow hunters provided the bones.

20th Limestone

I could have sworn I heard something that sounded like... Like a big-ass hissing spider or something? Hrmm. I went down and locked the hatch myself. Should be good enough.

There's also word a guy named Ncommander Netwasp wants to start training a “Siege Operations Company.” Told him if he feels like building the engines himself, he's welcome to all the shale he can carry for training ammo. Thanked me and left my office muttering something about petrified wood. Oh, and what's his face finished a fancy bone-plate glove and what's her name, Erush, she gave birth to a boy.

11th Sandstone

Ncommander built his er, catapult. I suppose I can include the conversation I saw him and the woodchop have.

Woodchop Dumat: What in Kodor's name is that?

NCommander: A catapult, what of it.

WD: Hate to tell you this, but it just looks like a sapling you bent back with a leather sling.

N: No, it's a catapult.

WD: This is your definition of a catapult. Seriously.

N: Yes, because it's a catapult.

WD: No, no it isn't. It's a fucking sapling pretending to be a catapult!

NCommander then yanked a cord and shot a hunk of shale into a wall down his training range. Gotta give it to him, it worked and it shut Dumat up.

23rd Sandstone

Migrants! Totaled at 10 of them. One even knows how to work siege engines, which excited NCommander. Too bad for him, he also knows some basic engineering and we need... Hrmm. I'll pin in the list Dumat left in the cover of the book.

[-Stuff we need-]

Hospital, 2 wells
Gate, 1 lever hook-up
More barrels
Windows for Mayor's Office
Windows for Log Diner.

I think I'll ask anyone else hear a banging sound. Cause I hear one and it's getting annoying.

1st Timber

I can't... I don't... How did it get in?

Three dead... One soldier, Two Laborers... Vucar, Dumat, Datan, Ingish. Soaper, Artifact Maker, Stonecrafter, Speardwarf. All dead... As soon as they heard the yelling, most of the militia jumped to help. The Siege Rangers and Ingish disabled the legs. The bone carver and Vucar jumped in to help, trying to hold it down while the stonecrafter beat on it's head and Ingish. Threw the two off, killed them both easily. Crushed Vucar's chest, put a fang in Dumat's skull. Webbed Ingish, stomped on his head. His coif didn't help in the slightest.

Kikrost was right there, but she was useless. Seeing three dwarves die in front of her... She just broke down. But then... Then, just like that, it was over. And none of us could believe who'd killed that abomination.

Kivish killed it. A dwarf who couldn't bring himself to kill elves because he was too scared to fight killed that... Thing. I just... I don't even... To make matters worse, The other Dumat, the woodchop, found the Stonecrafter after the fact. Covered in webs, looked like she'd been rolled on her lower half was crushed so badly.

Kubuk couldn't believe it either. Kubuk put a hand on his shoulder and told him he was forgiven for Hematite. Someone my brother has told will be a deputy once I have his rooms ready took the beast's corpse, dragged it up and is scraping meat and other edibles out even as I write this. The fact we found two logs jammed in down below that weren't there the other day and a wrecked door leads me to believe this was deliberate. But who would so something this horrible? To kill such fine artisans and a furnace worker who's only crime was his love of soap?

I need a drink. And lie down. I hope I never see another corpse again.

Psst. I heard you like dead dorfs.

So, not much happened this update. We lost both of our best craftsdwarves, a soaper/furnacedwarf died, and a soldier was killed in action. Honestly I'm surprised! I figured a web-slinging FB would kill way more dwarves than that. And amazingly enough, the guy who couldn't bring himself to kill elves killed that thing with three swings (presumably while the monster was killing the three laborers, as it had already killed Ingish.)

We're now fully enclosed, have a mayor, about to establish the fortress guard, working on a hospital, have a tomb complex which should more than meet our needs, NCommander has been dorf'd and has a catapult range to train his siege operating skills, the militia’s been expanded, got some artifacts (one possession, one with a dead creator so it's irrelevant.) Overall?

I'd consider this an excellent update. Time since last fatal incident: ZERO. Oh, and here's the claimed dorf profiles.

Posting to watch. Great writing, Splint. That prologue describing the embark was a thing of beauty. You'd think DF sent more than just seven dwarves and a single wagon if the only thing to go by was your intro.

Heh, welcome, and thanks! That was the goal and hearing someone say they liked it means quite a bit.  :)

Senshuken

• Bay Watcher
  • Defend till the end.
    • View Profile
Re: Spiritnet - Surrounded by elves. The Coward Redeemed
« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2015, 01:18:05 pm »

Sorry for the delay in joining, I missed the thread until now. I would like there to be a Senshuken in this fort dedicated to slaughtering five hundred elves with a sword.
Cause every silver lining has a cloud, and it won't be alright on the night; There's nothing at the end of the rainbow and there's a tunnel at the end of the light!

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2015, 01:45:46 pm »

Sorry for the delay in joining, I missed the thread until now. I would like there to be a Senshuken in this fort dedicated to slaughtering five hundred elves with a sword.

No worries man. Do you want an existing dwarf, and/or a change of weapon or would you rather wait for a migrant to arrive?

We have one swordsdwarf currently, but we have a speardwarf with six elf kills.

Senshuken

• Bay Watcher
  • Defend till the end.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2015, 01:46:42 pm »

Who's the sworddwarf?
Cause every silver lining has a cloud, and it won't be alright on the night; There's nothing at the end of the rainbow and there's a tunnel at the end of the light!

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 11, 2015, 01:50:59 pm »

That would be Kib. He's so far been stabbed three times and had several teeth punched out of his head, and gained novice skill through live combat, but has zero kills.

NCommander

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven Military Master
    • View Profile
    • SoylentNews
« Reply #20 on: April 11, 2015, 06:05:24 pm »

woohoo. If you get a screenshot of me beaming petrified wood at an elf, I'll paypal you $5 dollars :).
Quote from: TheFlame52
Fucking hell man, you aren't just getting the short end of the stick, you're being beaten with it.
Quote from: NRDL
Is your plan really to flush water into hell, and have the CARP marines fight them without threat of flame or disease?  If so, you are awesome, and one of the greatest DF military visionaries I've seen yet ( not that I've seen that many, or any, for that matter )

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 11, 2015, 06:29:59 pm »

woohoo. If you get a screenshot of me beaming petrified wood at an elf, I'll paypal you $5 dollars :).

I'll hold you to that, however unlikely my succeeding that is. :P

Senshuken

• Bay Watcher
  • Defend till the end.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 11, 2015, 10:37:29 pm »

I might just wait for a new Swordwarf to present themselves. I honestly don't have much hope for Kib surviving all that long.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 12, 2015, 03:36:14 am »

I might just wait for a new Swordwarf to present themselves. I honestly don't have much hope for Kib surviving all that long.

Is it because of the stabbings or the knocked out teeth?

Update a comin' boys and girls.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 12, 2015, 07:23:29 am »

22nd Timber

We seem to need wood. And sand. I hadn't realized when I mandated windows, that we didn't have the bags for collecting sand. I demanded to know why, and it was because for most of the year we had to save what we had for people who had “moods.” What in the fuck is a “mood?” What Dumat did before he died?

23rd Timber

So there was this incident today right? Well, nobody got hurt, besides Lolor who's complaining of back pain, but a troll got in and got dog-piled by everyone.

1st Moonstone

UGH. How hard is it to make a fucking window!?

I swear to the gods, I'm gonna have somebody beaten for this!

8th Moonstone.

Do you see that Log? NO BOOZE. What sort of fucked up place is this if it can't provide drink for its residents!? Shorast's beating is gonna be EXTRA unpleasant for this!

11th Moonstone

The peons need to stop complaining! How can I get the law enforced if I don't have quarters for my huscarl? If they want to complain about water and booze, they should whine to the brewers, not me.

15th Moonstone

I told my brother not to worry too much about the lack of cages. Not like he needs to chase criminals to beat them. Speaking of, he punched that little shit of a potash maker a dozen times in the head while she slept! Justice served fuckface. Teach you to hold up making my windows.

24th Moonstone

We have a well now you crybabies. I don't care about your miscarriages. Get water or get some turnip wine and shut the hell up.

5th Opal

I sent Kubuk to kill some draltha that keep trying to migrant through the fortress, and some asshole knocked me down the stairs partway screaming in some language I can't understand; must be a mood. The fucknugget took three lumps of tetrahedrite and started working. I bet it'll be a cup.

11th Opal

Who the fuck is Thalu Jawattic?

15th Opal

Someone went into the caves to find Kubuk's dog. Found it picking a draltha, but they also found a troll that seemed to be lumbering towards the fort. Since Kib took care of that crocodile so easily last time, I sent him down to deal with it.

Wasn't disappointed.

16th Opal

Moldath crapped out a second kid. Good for her and her family.

19th Opal

Another baby. From Kikrost the Useless. That kid won't make it a year if we get hit again.

21st Opal

Fourth baby girl within days of eachother. Why so many girls? Was this because of the booze shortage last month?

26th Obsidian

Snowstorm, beehives, not much else. I also mandated no window exports. Because fuck the people back in the Basin. My windows. Mine.

YEAR 3
WRITER: OBOK BRASSFAIRS
SITE LEADER: OBOK BRASSFAIRS (Mayor)
POPULATION: 62

Spring at last, spring at last! Hopefully the snow'll melt soon.

5th Granite

Officially opened up the hospital! Kib went to get his foot looked at as soon as I cut the ribbon. Hope the CMD remembers how to do anything. Bet he has  an infection.

11th Granite

Someone's been making earthenware statues of dwarves. So I'm ordering them glazed with ash, and them to be set up outside. Y'know, where the elves caan see their precious trees being used to decorate our shit.

24th Granite

Another baby girl.

28th Granite

A baby boy! Finally broke that combo huh Lor?

9th Slate

Lolor went over my head and has people working on fortifications topside. Little shit. I wonder if I can justify getting him beaten for this...

16th Slate

I finally killed something! First kill in.... Fuck, months? I kept running out of ammo but I finally got fed up and just stabbed this one with my crossbow. Whoever invented bayonets, I love you.

18th Slate

Seems the guy in charge of the Siege Rangers has gone off in the head. Let's see what he makes shall we?

26th Slate

Migrants are here. Just great. More useless  lumps to guzzle our booze. Well, mostly. One was some fucknugget named Senshuken and he was given an Officer's posting and Furnace Operating job since he's just unskilled labor otherwise.. Him and Kikrost are going to be getting some steel weapons. Kib's pissed of course, but since Senshuken's getting a job as Sergeant he and Kikrost need weapons befitting their station.

There was someone who knew how to use spears, so she'll replace Ingish, and two people to join Senshuken. Apparently the leader was a guy named Uzol Coppermansion. Decided to ask why they came here and he said something... Well, kinda foreboding really.

16 people in all.

5th Felsite

Oh, and another baby girl.

14th Felsite

So... Cave crocodile. Killed my dogs.

Killed two dwarves. Left one emotionally wrecked. Was Mestthos' husband Bembul.

Kubuk got the kill. Hit the croc so hard its head basically... Well, exploded for lack of a better word.

I need a drink. Told Dastot to beat the brewers until ale fell out of them if he had to.

21st Felsite

NO. NOT THIS SOON. NOT AGAIN. HOLE PLUGGED. IF THAT THING GETS IN HEADS WILL FUCKING ROLL FOR TREASON.

Hey. Hey guys. Look. An update.

So, this one was fairly tame. Two dwarves got wasted by a cave crocodile, had a couple strange moods, migrants, whole shitload of births. There's also a GCS below, and I found a bunch of amphibian tribals dead for some reason in the cavern lake.

Militia's been expanded with a third melee squad, Ingish's been replaced, fortress guard established with the captain and two deputies; they'll be geared similarly to the militia, but only use training maces (as stand-ins for riot sticks.) Senshuken's been dorf'd as well. I'll include his profile with some drawings I'm working on.

Now the question: Do we capture, kill, or ignore the spider?

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Spiritnet - Surrounded by elves. Crocodilian
« Reply #25 on: April 12, 2015, 08:48:31 am »

And now for a dread triple post! But a productive one.

Senshuken's profile. He's part of a rather large extended family, some of which reside in Spiritnet; he has a cousin as a general farmhand,  a nephew who is one of Dastot's deputies, and his little sister Asob, who joined the militia under Kikrost and replaced Ingish as speardwarf.

Kikrost's meltdown before the giant spider, with a quarrel in one of its legs and its front limbs dripping with the blood of four dwarves. Was going to make this a three drawing thing, but laziness got the better of me. Drew this before I went to bed after the relevant update.

Screampack, an artifact terahedrite figurine of the elf Thalu Jawattic being killed by a Roc with some ridiculously long name. The sword attaches to his sleeve, and the Roc's foot to that. Drew this yesterday afternoon, and two beers with higher alcohol content than I'm used to precluded finished shading.

And literally just finished about 10 minutes before this post we have: Clobberflower, The Perfect Scar, an artifact lignite ring depicting the creation of Screampack.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 12, 2015, 03:53:00 pm »

*bluh*

* 4maskwolf has been bopped

I'll join.

Give me one of the military dwarves, as per usual.  They can keep their name.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 12, 2015, 05:38:20 pm »

1st Hematite

Lolor's gathered support for capturing that web-shitting monster, so I allowed the cages if I got some spikes to put around the entrance. The woodchops agreed. As an aside, Ncommander's getting' pretty good with that slingshot.

6th Hematite

Backdoor's been added to the fort to make things easier on the orchard dwarves. One of the mechs took it upon themselves to rig some stonefalls in the ceiling of the doorway to make sure any elves get smashed trying to sneak in. Speaking of things sneaking in.

Somehow I don't think a troll is what Lolor was after.

8th Hematite

GODS DAMN IT.

YEAR 3
WRITER: COG CREWEDAXES
SITE LEADER: COG CREWEDAXES (Mayor)
POPULATION: 81

Obok's given me this tome and told me that The carpenter Dumat gave it to her originally. I know these tomes well; a Command Log, intended to document major events for others. Every dwarven settlement has at least one, and often more, shared between many mayors, overseers, and noblemen.

So be it. I'll do my best to relate such. My first act as Mayor is to draft myself as a soldier under Sergeant Senshuken. I've always wanted to be a soldier, so it's only proper I do so. And in the event I'm killed in battle, it may be said this fortress's Mayor died trying to protect her people.

-

I've mandated the production of animals traps. While I doubt our trappers will use them, it never hurts to be prepared.

-

Siege Ranger Ushrir has birthed a fine baby girl! She seems especially fond of silver. A soldier named Minkot also has a baby girl, who wouldn't stop trying to take Sergeant Kikrost's war pick.

-

A Drink shortage has been brought to my attention. I've ordered the farmhands to rectify this on pentalty of being struck with  my new maul, as a joke of course. But to seriously get to work on the drink. We didn't build copper stills for nothing after all.

-

Several more births. Several girls, one boy.

-

A range for the Siege Rangers has been built behind the Log Diner.

-

A second troll is captured, giant toad intrusion.

Several off-duty soldiers and laborers attacked and subdued it. Commander Kubuk dealt the killing blow, crushing the toad's skull with his mace. He also mad ea new friend for the deed.

[Dat timing.]

-

I've ordered 12 flasks produced for the militia from the miscellaneous metals sitting in the depot.

-

Siege Ranger Kadol has begun speaking in tongues and disrupted quarrel production. Apple wood, two handfuls of rough carnelians, and a single stone block.

Autumn has come.

-

A wolverine was found dead in one of the back door traps. We heard a crash, and found the animal with it's head thoroughly splattered. No doubt it was an elf spy.

-

A puzzlebox. I honestly don't know what's so frightful about it.

-

Elves attacked us this morning, and Bembul stood alone while his fellow fisherdwarves ran for safety. He hadn't picked up his helmet yet from the forge, as it had been finished after he went out to fish. And as an unfortunate result, Bembul has joined his wife in the next world, although just between us Log, I'm fairly certain he wanted to die... There seems to be more going on however, so I'll have to come back to you Log.

+++

Kubuk heard shouting, panic somewhere near turtle pond. It wasn't unusual. Sometimes a bear or wolverine would spook the fisherdwarves, but Bembul always scared them off since he spent a fair deal of time there as well. This seemed different. Abnormally prolonged, and then Obok, the former mayor came rushing by screaming to rally the militia.

Kubuk caught her by the arm and demanded to know what was happening. He wished he hadn't.

“Elves! Elves are attacking again!” The hunter yelled frantically.

“Where's Bembul? Wasn't he-”

“I don't know,” the Hunter said, cutting Kubuk off. “Killed one, broke it's knee, then broke its face. More showed up, might be dead.” She pulled away, fleeing into the fortress.

“Damn it,” Muttered the dwarf. He turned to the gate and bellowed for Kib and Kivish. “We have work to do! Get out here!”

His men showed up, chain rattling and sword drawn. “What is it?” Kib asked, looking back. “Obok looked like she was having a flashback again.”

“Elves.” Kubuk said grimly. “Come, Bembul might be in trouble.” They nodded and followed, Kubuk threatening to beat Kivish to death if he ran again.

“Don't worry Kubuk,” he said. “I won't run from elves again.”

As the reached the tree line, two large arrows flew out, Kib blocking one while the other flew over their heads. “Archers!” The swordsdwarf shouted.

“No shit? I thought it was just the trees were attacking us.” Kivish replied, ducking a third arrow.

“Focus! You two take the sword elf, I'll handle the archers”

His soldiers said nothing and sprinted ahead, ignoring the two bowelves. Though Kivish lagged behind, being a bit less agile than other dwarves, Kib smashed into the swordelf, sending him crashing to the ground. The elf kicked him in the gut and awkwardly swung his blade up at the dwarf, but the blade failed to do any harm and cost the elf his arm. Kib kicked him in the head, the elf not even trying to block as he stared in complete shock at the wet stump where his sword hand had been, and had a bronze arming sword rammed through his skull.

And then the Spearelf attacked.

He felt sudden sharp pain as the oversized splinter dug into his leg, and he whipped around, trying to cut the elf, but she parried it easily and whacked him in the chest, speeding his fall considerably. However before she could do worse, a spiked ball truck her back, and Kubuk came running from the opposite direction, his mace coated in fresh blood.

He delivered a hard punch to her face, sending her sprawling, and Kivish landed a second blow to her gut, causing the elf to vomit up half digested berries and other things. “She's mine!” Kib shouted, dragging himself over to the dazed elf. She gurgled vomit once, and received a bronze sword to the head.

Ast came rushing up, late to the battle and with a grave look on his face. “Hope you guys aren't tired.” He said, panting heavily.

“Why?” Kivish asked, turning to the new arrival.

Ast pointed north. “A craftsdwarf spotted more elves! Is... Is Bembul ok?”

Kubuk had already gone to check and he turned back to the others, just shaking his head. “Nothing we can do for him now. Come on then gents, we've more elves to put out of our misery.”

One of Kubuk's dogs lead the charge this time as the dwarves advanced, a fisherdwarf who's fled south coming on the scene and being ordered to get Kikrost and her squad. It leapt forward, fangs prominent as it barked and snarled! It crashed into an elf recruit that threw it off herself easily. Only to get stabbed in the back of the head with a long-pointed spear. Kubuk rushed by, bashing down a pike-elf with the sound of snapping ribs. “Take care of that!” He shouted, attacking an axe-elf instead. Ast compiled, bringing his spear's long point down on the elf's head with a mighty thrust!

The bardiche-wielding axe-elf charged Kubuk, screaming for his blood and stabbed at the tree-killer. However, he only succeeded in breaking his own arm as Kubuk deftly parried the blow and flowed into a counterattack, snapping the bones in the unfortunate elf's forearm! Hit staggered away clutching his damaged limb and dropped, whimpering pathetically.

Kubuk showed now mercy. Bembul would be avenged!

He heard another coming from the hill below him, and he turned, his shield catching a cedar arrow he hadn't even seen coming thanks to its large size, and the elf charged when they made  a very brief blip of eye-contact. So Kubuk kicked him in the face.

i

Kubuk jumped down after the elf as it tumbled down and turned to see Kivish approaching, barely ducking arrows, and Ast rapping a pike-elf in the foot with the butt-plate of his spear.Kubuk spared a brief chuckle at Ast yelling “Dance elfy dance!” as he hopped back to consolidate his old on his spear. He turned back to his own foe and bashed him in the upper arm as he tried to stand, sending him back down with a grassy thud.

Ast and his enemy proceeded to trade blows after Kubuk turned away, the elf landing a blow on Ast. His response showed how impressed he was with elven wood: He followed up his own spearthrust with a quick jab to the face, sending several teeth flying!

He ducked another stab and jumped back, swiping at the elf's head. The elf's response when she backed away clutching her head to seeing her ear on the ground was rather amusing to the dwarf, as when she opened her mouth to scream, she puked all over herself from getting stabbed herself.

Ast had to admit to himself, he probably couldn't have done that shit if he'd meant to!

Kubuk meanwhile struck the axe-elf in the head once before he turned to a bowelf behind him. The hit hadn't been fatal, but if he didn't get back to the elf, Ast would finish it. He punched at the elf and struck him in the right shin with his shield rim, making the elf hop back cursing in elven, clutching his shin when Kubuk attacked again, aiming for his left ankle by smashing his foot entirely instead. The elf went down, and Kubuk made sue he stayed that way.

He looked up and saw two more elves approaching and charged up to meet them. Once up the hill, he saw Kivish being surrounded, no sign of Kib, Ast still busy own the hill... Where the fuck was Kikrost? They needed help! At least one of the two he was faced with was on her knees, staring in horror at the three dead elves under the carry tree down the hill.

Kivish meanwhile could only hide behind his shield, but at least he got in one good hit amid a flurry of attacks from a duo of elves. A hit that sent the swordelf stumbling away clutching her neck as blood gurgled out, and she dropped on her face in short order.

Ast meanwhile came up the hill, having dispatched the wounded elf and his enemy, and saw something horrible: Kib was dead. Standing over him was an elf with a glaive, while another nearby was screaming for help and clutching a bloody stump where his leg used to be. Ast took comfort knowing his shield-brother didn't go quietly. But there were also still more elves.

A pike-elf charged him, but he managed to block the attack and leverage the elf around, slamming his spear in the back elf's head as she landed on her stomach from the block. He looked back and saw Kubuk running to help Kivish (by shoulder-ramming an elf from behind,) who rather surprisingly despite being surrounded, was still alive, and surrounded by mangled and severed hands.

All the same, this was going to be an ugly day.

+++

The battle's over. Four elves have escaped. Two elves earned the monikers of Wingaged and Questpage. Ast killed the former, Kubuk the latter. Kubuk now has 12 elf kills, while Ast has 19. Sadly, we have lost two brave dwarves. Kib Parchglove was found with both feet chopped off at the ankle and an immense pool of blood underneath him, where the feet were sliced of course. They will be remembered. Four elves fled into the mountains to the north.

-

Ah crap.

-

That two-headed bastard killed one of the farmers, Sakzul Purplecave. It just... It... It tore her leg right off... She just... She bled and bled...

She and the others are truly dead. I must let grief pass me by.

So we had another battle! I was starting to get worried.

Suffered some minor casualties, turns out leather will not stop wooden weapons very well at times. We're more or less well defended though otherwise. I'd thought to lock the door in the back so I could assemble some soldiers in the courtyard, but it may have been that decision that killed Kib cause he and Kivish got surrounded and Kib was already injured.

There was a missed chance for a GCS that instead resulted in two trolls and a giant olm. We've killed an Ettin, Kivish didn't run, got us a fancy puzzlebox, the rangers can train, NCommander, as of the end of the battle, is a Master siege operator... So yeah!

Sorry this is so short, but I'm quite happy with the outcome. Also, how am I doing on conveying different dwarves being in power with the logs?

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 12, 2015, 05:41:26 pm »

* 4maskwolf wonders which dwarf is his

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 12, 2015, 05:43:49 pm »

* 4maskwolf wonders which dwarf is his

Heh, sorry man. Hadn't gotten around to it. I suppose it boils down to weapon preference. Mace? Sword? Spear? Axe? What wouldja like? Hell we even got a knife-fighter if you wanna go with that.
Pages: 1 [2] 3