Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Next fight?

Replay Mission 5 (Serial Mind Control)
- 3 (42.9%)
Einsteinian Roulette (Few centuries before Mission 1)
- 4 (57.1%)
Something else. Post your idea.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49

Author Topic: [FANGAME] Reliving past: Everybody vs Miyamoto, Take 2  (Read 87178 times)

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
Re: [FANGAME] Reliving past: Serial Mind Control
« Reply #705 on: March 05, 2017, 12:12:44 pm »

"I have two houses here with cold bodies in a standing position. Potentially compromised, but not a threat right now it seems. Gonna try to silently lock them into that house."

How many doors, windows and other exits are there on these houses? Could I try to block them with by applying a little bit of sticky goop to them, thereby preventing anyone from entering or leaving (without them barging through the doors or walls that is)?

Let's say two doors and five windows per floor per building by avarage. You can try blocking them, but unless you roll 5 it will take one sticky goop "ammo" per exit.

"Hmm, we are idiots. Gotta check by the laser fences, he's obviously going to want to escape."

Put helmet back on. Walk over to the sheds near Steve and cameyes them. If I see warm bodies that aren't us, burn them, no questions asked.

You take one more deep breath of blue smoke before putting helmet back on and strolling where Steve is standing like a statue and take a look. Infrared doesn't go through wooden walls, so you that's useless unless you go inside. X-Ray is conveniently blocked by waist high presumably metal closets and tables. If there's someone in, they would stay very low. At least nobody is standing in there. No notable radiation.

((I'm actually green-weak colorblind, so those squares look pretty brown to me.  Apologies, I should have considered the fact that I have issues with that shade.

Oh, and infrared doesn't work through windows.))

So, does the program that triangulates and highlights teammate locations function?  If not, aux roll to try and make it do so.  If it does, was Jackson's blacking out apparent from his camera feed?  Mind control him if so, and figure out what's wrong with him.  Else, mind control one of the rodents that's visible from here--perhaps on the nearby shed--and start flying it through the town, looking for anything out of place.

Because it might matter, Saint did not tell anyone where he moved to, did not even mention the fact that he moved, has his invisibility cloak on at all times (plus he's standing still as only a robot can), and finally, is not sharing any of his cameras.  The references to his location should be incorrect from an IC perspective.  He's also a robot, and therefore cold.

Blame pw, he's the one who made the map. And I was operating under assumption IR passes through glass but UV doesn't. Something to remember then.

Alright, let's say it works then. I'm not personally fan of roll avoidance when I sit on the GM seat. It takes "Roll" out of "Roll To Dodge". SO EVERYBODY CAN SEE LOCATION OF EACH OTHER, EXCEPT OF LYRA. SHE DOESN'T HAVE ANY CAMERAS.

Jackson's blackout wasn't particularly visible, though you can see him walking in, getting shot into face and walking out from backdoor at which point his cameras stop working. Possibly because of getting shot, but probably not. I wonder...

[Smart Mind: 4+1] Ah, it seems fairly obvious what's happening there. Clearly he's being controlled to act like normal, except he's quiet. A bit uncharasteristic from him. While you still have his location clearly in mind you focus and try to get hold of his mind.

[Steve Exo: 4+2]
[Jackson Mind: 1]
[Hidden roll]

You hammer into Sir Jackson's mind like a semitruck onto tricycle, breaking some already broken stuff and finding someone else in. This someone is sitting very firmly in and deftly redirecting your attempts to take control of this tricycle while still driving gracefully enough. It turns its metaphorical eyes to you and delivers a mental punch.

[Steve Mind: 4+2] You shrug it off, reinforcing barriers of disbelief in your mind. Ah, but you have Haber's Implant. Fuck you then.
[Don't get fucked up roll: 2] There we go. Another joins into zombie squad. Except you still know what's happening. A prisoner in your own body, so to speak.

Happy murder, sexy, fun fun time?

Sure.

knock her out quicklly, before anyone hears

Might be a tad too late, but whatever. More violence against civilians.

[Dex: 5-1][Str: 2+1]

You deliver feeble slap on her cheeck silencing her momentarily. But she's already getting ready to continue. Oh, and is that her husband joining in? Yes it is.

>Warning. Northwest pylon is malfunctioning. You might want to do something about it if you don't want your pay docked.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #706 on: March 05, 2017, 01:30:47 pm »

Let's say two doors and five windows per floor per building by avarage. You can try blocking them, but unless you roll 5 it will take one sticky goop "ammo" per exit.

Woo boy, a steep price! Never mind then.

>Warning. Northwest pylon is malfunctioning. You might want to do something about it if you don't want your pay docked.
Sneak over to the northwest pylon and check what's happening there using cameyes. Try to get close to the pylon, but staying hidden has priority. If I see anyone escaping beyond the pylon perimeter, laser them.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2017, 05:21:09 pm by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #707 on: March 05, 2017, 05:12:07 pm »

Flop on over to the northwest PYLON as quickly as five giant muscular tentacles can take me. Melt the fuck out of anything suspicious.
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #709 on: March 07, 2017, 02:34:58 pm »

Woo boy, a steep price! Never mind then.

Sneak over to the northwest pylon and check what's happening there using cameyes. Try to get close to the pylon, but staying hidden has priority. If I see anyone escaping beyond the pylon perimeter, laser them.

Sneaky sneaky. It's a bit unfortunate, but your heavy body leaves notable tracks on tall grass. Nothing you can do about. A bit of zoom and thermal vision reveals that the pylon has number of unusual hot spots and streaks, plus trace of rapidly dispersing trails of hot air which you backtrace around house #28. There you spot Sir Jackson sporting his multirole weapon, liberally sweeping laser all over the pylon.

Flop on over to the northwest PYLON as quickly as five giant muscular tentacles can take me. Melt the fuck out of anything suspicious.

Trail of giant foot prints appearing in tall grass almost out of nowhere is probably suspicious but you figure out which fatass is causing them. But you don't spot anything else suspicious enough.

Resist.

[Mind: 5+1] You focus your will into future freedom HMRC promises and scream out your rejection of mind slavery with full strength of your artificial lungs. Those lungs are quite something, and you most certainly alert out everybody in the village. Your body and mind is yours again, accompanied by fresh, but mild headache.

The NW pylon spits out sparks and goes dark.

>Northwest pylon is broken. I know you guys aren't particularly competent at anything other than survival, but try at least.

Sir Jackson rockets onto sky and heads southeast.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #710 on: March 07, 2017, 02:53:52 pm »

Try to resist? or otherwise just enjoy the ride then...
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #711 on: March 07, 2017, 03:05:38 pm »

Ok, have you ever seen that avatar: the last airbender show, with the elemental benders? I wanna make Toph jealous (again).

What I'd like to do is use the manip to push up a some soil/ground so that it forms a 'wall' right where the old pylonbarrier used to be. Be sure to take the dirt from the 'inside' so that the wall has a little 'moat' in front of it. This wall doesn't need to be extremely high, just high enough that a normal person can't easily climb over it.

((It just wouldn't be an HMRC mission without a manip overload somewhere  :P ))

:"Someone deal with Jackson, he seems to have come down with a terrible case of brainjack."
« Last Edit: March 07, 2017, 03:26:43 pm by Radio Controlled »

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #712 on: March 07, 2017, 03:27:57 pm »

((If all you care about is completing the mission, nuking the place is a 100% viable tactic. As they say, it's the only way to be sure...))

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #713 on: March 07, 2017, 07:11:01 pm »

Start heading directly towards the downed pylon.  If mindcontrol is possible while moving without being dangerous, mind control a flying critter and have it circle above the area.  Finally, order Steve to shock Jackson; if that's impossible because funny, hack his suit and shut off the rockets.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #714 on: March 07, 2017, 11:02:14 pm »

:"Someone deal with Jackson, he seems to have come down with a terrible case of brainjack."
:"Yes fucking sir. I hated that guy enough when he was himself."

Melt the fuck out of jackson.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2017, 11:59:20 pm by Egan_BW »

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #715 on: March 07, 2017, 11:49:41 pm »

Channel tentacle strength to jump high in the air and grab Jackson.

You aren't close enough to jump over the couple buildings between you two even if you roll 6.
Old sigs.
Games.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #716 on: March 07, 2017, 11:59:01 pm »

((Where's your Rule of Cool? Ah, fine.))

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #717 on: March 08, 2017, 12:15:04 am »

Rule of Cool today is reserved for upcoming manipulator overload, the one Miya can't run away from.  :P
Old sigs.
Games.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
Re: [FANGAME] Reliving past: Everybody vs Miyamoto, Take 2
« Reply #718 on: March 08, 2017, 12:40:12 pm »

Try to resist? or otherwise just enjoy the ride then...

[Mind: 3] Not quite enough to wake up. You do dream of flying on skies and slaughtering robots.

Ok, have you ever seen that avatar: the last airbender show, with the elemental benders? I wanna make Toph jealous (again).

What I'd like to do is use the manip to push up a some soil/ground so that it forms a 'wall' right where the old pylonbarrier used to be. Be sure to take the dirt from the 'inside' so that the wall has a little 'moat' in front of it. This wall doesn't need to be extremely high, just high enough that a normal person can't easily climb over it.

((It just wouldn't be an HMRC mission without a manip overload somewhere  :P ))

Road to hell is paved by noble intentions. And I think Toph is not really impressed by show offs. I mean, you are manipulating area over 500 meters wide at least. A bit shorter than the stairs Stacy tried to freeze. On one side. And there's two sides. So.

Inside your metal tomb you whip out the magic calculator and type out parameters for your little fortification creations. As usual, math starts out simple but increases complexity expotentially. In no time flat you are just smashing random numbers and having date with mother of all headaches. "EXECUTE?" doesn't come up a moment too late and you happily smash "Yes" and prepare for theatrics. Except your vision flicks from Avatar's eyes back to your own as everything between your armpits and hips liquidifies and splatters over front part of your coffin with enough force to push Avatar out of balance, completely severing your connection with it. Yer fucked up.

Outwards it doesn't seem like much, small distortion of stars as Avatar stumbles a step fowards, pushed by force inside. Only one who can see this is Xael, who is turning around to kill her other teammate.

> Oh dear.

Start heading directly towards the downed pylon.  If mindcontrol is possible while moving without being dangerous, mind control a flying critter and have it circle above the area.  Finally, order Steve to shock Jackson; if that's impossible because funny, hack his suit and shut off the rockets.

The way Steve speaks makes you wonder who exactly fucked up now. Probably someone with amp or manip because you have distinct feeling something magical happened. Different kind of magical than what you have felt until now.

[Exo: 5+2] You focus on largeish area above you, catch quite few small minds and have exactly same kind of mental wrestling you had with Jackson previously, except this time you win. And with victory comes burning sensation in your brain and a bunch of new eyes opens for you above, number of small minds with intent of circling above and watching your teammates. You instinctively hold your head despite no longer having anything valueble up there.

> Consider it done. But you have bigger problems now than Jackson or the UE.

Melt the fuck out of jackson.

You are about to fry his brains when you get small spinal electric shock distrupting your focus.

> Here's free tactical suggestion. Put some distance between you and Miyamoto. His Avatar is out of control.
Old sigs.
Games.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [FANGAME] Reliving past: Everybody vs Miyamoto, Take 2
« Reply #719 on: March 08, 2017, 12:55:27 pm »

((While it isn't exactly unexpected, I do find it strange there wasn't even a roll involved, manip overloads are usually triggered on very low or extremely high rolls iirc. And I'd argue Miya has quite a bit more mindpoints to burn on difficult actions than Stacy did (hell, I've gotten away with things that were more strenuous) but eh, let's watch the fireworks.))

Some men just want to watch the world burn.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2017, 01:17:44 pm by Radio Controlled »

Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49