Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Next fight?

Replay Mission 5 (Serial Mind Control)
- 3 (42.9%)
Einsteinian Roulette (Few centuries before Mission 1)
- 4 (57.1%)
Something else. Post your idea.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 49

Author Topic: [FANGAME] Reliving past: Everybody vs Miyamoto, Take 2  (Read 87343 times)

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
Re: [FANGAME] Reliving past: Serial Mind Control
« Reply #645 on: February 21, 2017, 03:56:27 pm »

((know what else makes you vulnerable? with Saints stupid setup, the first teammate that gets mindfucked will give the UE every single team member's position and activities away. making everyone saint has hacked into a sitting duck.

the proper way to deal with this is compartmentalized information. that way if someone gets mindhacked it isn't going to give away everything we have.
Saint's action is the action of an enemy, and will be treated as such if discovered. ))
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: February 21, 2017, 03:59:10 pm »

((know what else makes you vulnerable? with Saints stupid setup, the first teammate that gets mindfucked will give the UE every single team member's position and activities away. making everyone saint has hacked into a sitting duck.

the proper way to deal with this is compartmentalized information. that way if someone gets mindhacked it isn't going to give away everything we have.
Saint's action is the action of an enemy, and will be treated as such if discovered. ))
((Because I find this honestly annoying, isn't this the type of thing to deal with IC and not in a meta-y way?))
« Last Edit: February 21, 2017, 04:13:47 pm by spazyak »
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • what about full of shit? is that a meme too?
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: February 21, 2017, 04:13:10 pm »

((No, because neither of them know they're even in disagreement IC.
Also, maybe you guys shouldn't take this so serious? This is RELIVING PAST, not ER. Even permadeath here has no permanent consequences. I'm playing my old character, and she's DELETED.))
I live how my maker made me.
Broken broken tip to tail.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: February 21, 2017, 04:14:05 pm »

Also, maybe you guys shouldn't take this so serious? This is RELIVING PAST, not ER. Even permadeath here has no permanent consequences. I'm playing my old character, and she's DELETED.))
(Thati s what I meant but yeah, sorry))
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Sig-texts!

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #649 on: February 21, 2017, 04:23:52 pm »

((... fair.))
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #650 on: February 21, 2017, 04:59:08 pm »

Spoiler: sigh (click to show/hide)

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: February 21, 2017, 05:21:51 pm »

((I continue to disagree, but not going to clutter the thread with my argument. Saint asked for permission. It was denied. Him attempting to do so anyway is an attack, and will be responded to with lethal force.))

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: February 21, 2017, 11:54:07 pm »

Trier will follow along after Sir Jackson, and assist in any coolaid mannig if it comes to that.
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #654 on: February 22, 2017, 01:57:18 pm »

Erm, Lyra's invis is well-established as an invis, not a camo pattern. I still have my wrist-comp to communicate, same as always, and what would I need a ladder for with my deathcube-lightened cat body? I just hop on up there assuming its just a one-story building. A ladder is just a tripping hazard and a way for someome to bother me, it wont help me climb anyway with my quadripedal bone structure.

Ah, I already forgot those wrist thingies. Anyway, you current body is that original biological kitty, right? No space magic involved? In that case I'm certain you fur is little more than really fancy screen displaying what's behind (or below) her, so true light bending invisibility it is not. Probably. And in that case your wristpad shouldn't be affected by your invisibility. Then again this is few years old stuff, so hell if I remember things right.

As for ladders, they provide more footholds, despite how light you may be. Regardless, you are on rooftop in stealth mode and I don't see any action here.

Start cam-eye scanning the city, using zoom function as necessary. Begin moving toward the north side of house 3 as silently as an enormous robot can. Give Saint cam access if he gives me access to his, but set it up so cam access can be easily, quickly and unilaterally terminated.

"Please grant me access to your suit systems.  We're dealing with an enemy capable of mind control; therefore, we require some method of knowing when one of us is compromised.  The simplest and most effective method would be to link our cameras, so that it is clear if someone starts acting antagonistically."

Request that my allies allow access to their suit cameras/robot eyes, then use that access to set up a HUD that has everyone's views visible to everyone else, at all times.

"Then again, if he compromises a person with cam access he also knows the other's positions and actions. So there should at least be a quick way to shut of cam access. Other than that, let's play ball."

Calling this place a city is a flattery it doesn't deserve. So far cameyes don't reveal much. There ain't people on the roads or backyards, windows are leaking little heat. Nothing special or unexpected.

[Sneaking Dex: 3+1] For a big mech warrior you more rather silently. No asphalt cracks under your weight nor any twigs betray your presence. You don't even knock sheds on your way to house 3.

Saint doesn't seem to be giving access to his cameras so I suppose that's a deal breaker. He's greedy camera feed hoarder who doesn't want to share.

"Scanning procedure activated~"

Use cameyes to scan for anything anomalous.  Besides ourselves. Give Saintly access to my suit camera, not my cameyes. He doesn't get the good stuff unless he pays a subscription.
Dejar Manuel the meskhand, suit it up in my red hand, and set it loose on the unsuspecting populace.
Take out a syringe of Happy-Fun-Knock-Out-'Stuff', hold it with one of my tentacles. Stand on the other four tentacles.

Access granted. Your eyes tell you exactly same thing as Miya's did; that's nothing anomalous.
Manuel spins around and then proceeds feeling your ankles.
Why it is that the only (humanoid) female in the party has a thing for tentacles?

Well then.  If they're gonna be idiots, they can be idiots, but Saint isn't gonna let them get him killed due to it.  Start hacking the cameras of those who refuse to share, and don't put any view up for them; can't have them know that they're getting hacked.  Leave cameyes alone, I don't want their view in the first place.

Oh, and track the cat's wristpad.

Xael gives you access to her suit cameras, but nobody else seems to be interested in sharing without getting anything in turn. So it's hacking time.

[Aux: 5+1] After mentally hacking everyone's communications you succesfully obtain feeds for each individual camera your teammates have, including their cameyes. While doing so you overwrite their feeds over all cameras in your own body, so you can't really see anything on your own.

As for the cat's location, if I recall right from STAN mission, you can only tell direction of other wristpads, so you get that. She seems to be in direction of the village center.

"I shalt be off tp wend checketh out the nearest dark house."
Go to the nearest house with its lights off an knock on the door. Knock on the door and if I get a response say:
"Holla, i am heareth to searcheth f'r strange occurences and a villain. Prithee bid me if 't be true thee has't seen aught"
If I do not get a response then kool-aid man my way through the door.

Closest building is number 3 where invisible giant walked off to. You boldly walk to the front door and pound your fist into door few times, rattling windows. Just as you are about to user your fist sized lockpick lights turn on and few seconds later door opens.

[Late night cha 2-1]: The old man stares your unusually armored and armed shape for a moment and then closes the door without a word. Faint click tells you it's now locked. Hmm, clearly he knows something, why he would refuse to answer otherwise?

Trier will follow along after Sir Jackson, and assist in any coolaid mannig if it comes to that.

Negotiations failed. Some form of assistance might be required.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: February 22, 2017, 02:06:29 pm »

I'm just watching and waiting, no action necessary at this time. Just let me know if I feel anything through my empathic gland, my Haber implant, my cat ears, cat nose, cat eyes, ya know, just if I have something to pay attention too. I'm just staying there, silent, invisible, and out of the way until I have a reason to react.

and my invis has always been the same mechanic, no space magic - fiber optic fur. Light comes in one side of me and out the other. does not hide wristcomp, eyes, ya know, not-covered-in-fur areas. and since the wristcomp is basically just a high-tech-watch, it's not hard to hide against the surface of the roof. though come to think of it, for this situation, I think I'll take it off and set it down beside me, rather than wear it. I don't want to risk it giving me away, but do want to retain comms with the team.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: February 22, 2017, 02:26:23 pm »

Knock on the door some more nd say the following:
"Shalt I recomend forth that thouest open thine doors to me and prithee me to thien knowledge lest I bring forth a duel!"
If he fails to open the door and talk, bring down the door and challenge the man to a duel. Prove chivalry is alive, but he may not be.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2017, 02:51:12 pm by spazyak »
GENERATION 31:
Sig-texts!

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • what about full of shit? is that a meme too?
    • View Profile
« Reply #657 on: February 22, 2017, 02:32:56 pm »

Slither farther into town and inspect.
Grab Manuel with tentacle and hurl it into the distance.

Don't stray too far from Giant Metal Ass, regardless of where he goes.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2017, 01:34:14 am by Egan_BW »
I live how my maker made me.
Broken broken tip to tail.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #658 on: February 22, 2017, 02:47:24 pm »

((Heh. Lyra is like the Cheshire Cat, invisible except for her eyes and grin. I always thought Lyra was full invisible for some reason.))

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #659 on: February 22, 2017, 03:44:12 pm »

((See, now here's a valid argument against camera sharing.  It requires AUX rolls messing with views, and since there's an equal chance between overshot and success in this system, and with fiddly things like that overshots are essentially failures with bonus penalties, it takes awhile to set up and bears notable risks.))

Did Saint refuse to share his view with Miyamoto because he couldn't, due to the overshot, or because you misunderstood my action and thought I didn't want to?  In the former case, as much as I hate these actions, fix the problem.  In the latter case, yes I want to share Saint's view with everyone.

In either case, attempt to MC one of the little roofvermin things on the far side of town, then start having it fly through the streets looking for anything out of place.
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 49