Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Next fight?

Replay Mission 5 (Serial Mind Control)
- 3 (42.9%)
Einsteinian Roulette (Few centuries before Mission 1)
- 4 (57.1%)
Something else. Post your idea.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 49

Author Topic: [FANGAME] Reliving past: Everybody vs Miyamoto, Take 2  (Read 87282 times)

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
Re: [FANGAME] Reliving past: Serial Mind Control
« Reply #660 on: February 23, 2017, 01:05:27 am »

((See, now here's a valid argument against camera sharing.  It requires AUX rolls messing with views, and since there's an equal chance between overshot and success in this system, and with fiddly things like that overshots are essentially failures with bonus penalties, it takes awhile to set up and bears notable risks.))

Did Saint refuse to share his view with Miyamoto because he couldn't, due to the overshot, or because you misunderstood my action and thought I didn't want to?  In the former case, as much as I hate these actions, fix the problem.  In the latter case, yes I want to share Saint's view with everyone.

In either case, attempt to MC one of the little roofvermin things on the far side of town, then start having it fly through the streets looking for anything out of place.

You didn't explictly state you wanted to share your own video feeds. In that case consider everybody but you can see what your cameras see, all 15 of them. Even Lyra, via her wristpad.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #661 on: February 23, 2017, 12:48:56 pm »

I'm just watching and waiting, no action necessary at this time. Just let me know if I feel anything through my empathic gland, my Haber implant, my cat ears, cat nose, cat eyes, ya know, just if I have something to pay attention too. I'm just staying there, silent, invisible, and out of the way until I have a reason to react.

and my invis has always been the same mechanic, no space magic - fiber optic fur. Light comes in one side of me and out the other. does not hide wristcomp, eyes, ya know, not-covered-in-fur areas. and since the wristcomp is basically just a high-tech-watch, it's not hard to hide against the surface of the roof. though come to think of it, for this situation, I think I'll take it off and set it down beside me, rather than wear it. I don't want to risk it giving me away, but do want to retain comms with the team.

I don't believe I have ever seen Haber's Implant or Emphatic Gland in action so I'm not entirely sure how pw intented them to work. We'll see.

In north you see some wanton property destruction taking place by your team mates and little later an old dude running out of the very same house. Your sixth sense tingles on multiple occasions. Something domineering.

Knock on the door some more nd say the following:
"Shalt I recomend forth that thouest open thine doors to me and prithee me to thien knowledge lest I bring forth a duel!"
If he fails to open the door and talk, bring down the door and challenge the man to a duel. Prove chivalry is alive, but he may not be.

"Go away, I'm calling police!" the man shouts.

[Knocking str 5+1+1] That simply won't do. You put your feet at the lock and quite literally walk straight through the door, doorframe and load bearing wall. Can't have duel with doors or walls in between you and your presumably honorific duel. You find the man in kitchen with a knife in one hand and a phone in another, frantically trying to call someone.

"I dare thee into a hon'rable duel! I seeth thee has't chosen thy weapon already! En garde!"

[Duel dex: 1] You hold your multirole weapon as a two handed sword and step forward with overhead swing. The blade catches something in the ceiling, bringing you completely off the balance and making you land face first on floor. You lose grip of the weapon in the progress. It seems to be stuck in ceiling.

The old man doesn't wait for your recovery and books it off as fast as his twiggy legs can carry him.

Slither farther into town and inspect.
Grab Manuel with tentacle and hurl it into the distance.

Don't stray too far from Giant Metal Ass, regardless of where he goes.

You toss Manuel somewhere in direction of house 1.

Giant Metal Ass is invisible even for you, but you have right idea in which direction he went to. You approach Trier and watch as old man sprints out of ruined door of the building #3. He got a knife and a phone in his hands and seems rather startled by appearance of you two.

((See, now here's a valid argument against camera sharing.  It requires AUX rolls messing with views, and since there's an equal chance between overshot and success in this system, and with fiddly things like that overshots are essentially failures with bonus penalties, it takes awhile to set up and bears notable risks.))

Did Saint refuse to share his view with Miyamoto because he couldn't, due to the overshot, or because you misunderstood my action and thought I didn't want to?  In the former case, as much as I hate these actions, fix the problem.  In the latter case, yes I want to share Saint's view with everyone.

In either case, attempt to MC one of the little roofvermin things on the far side of town, then start having it fly through the streets looking for anything out of place.

Like I said, it's more about you didn't respond Miya's condition. Feeds from your own cameras are streamed directly to others leaving you devoid of useable eyes because nobody is watching in your direction. You stumble blindly forward following edge of the road.

Roof vermins? Without actually seeing any, thus having very poor spatial sense? Hmm.

[Blind Exo: 2+1] You are not quite sure what you did just now or if you even succeeded on any level. Probably not, all things considered.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: February 23, 2017, 12:55:50 pm »

hang up the phone. If someone's on the line then try to mimic the old mans voice and calm whoever is on the line down.
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #663 on: February 23, 2017, 01:15:25 pm »

Quote from: Lyra to Team
UE active, several times, unknown spot.
I continue to wait, hoping to get a better feel for where the activity is coming from, and vainly hoping my team causes as little unecessary destruction and distractions as possible.

Actually, considering the chaos my team is causing, are there any chokepoints out of here? isn't it barricaded off? Any shuttles or other means of escape for the UE that might be worth guarding?
« Last Edit: February 23, 2017, 05:35:33 pm by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #664 on: February 23, 2017, 02:09:28 pm »

If I spot the old man running away from his house, quietly try to knock him out using the broad side of the inactivated naginata. Don't kill, just KO him.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2017, 12:04:45 pm by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #665 on: February 23, 2017, 03:05:13 pm »

Get the weapon, and cursenthe man for his dishknor and lack of chivalry, maybe find a rock or something to toss at the back of his legs using suit exo skeleton because nothing spells fun like crippiling a man with a pebble! Then go search his house
"Thou art but a coward deserving of pain! May there be'th a up'n thine soul!"
« Last Edit: February 23, 2017, 05:29:17 pm by spazyak »
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #666 on: February 23, 2017, 04:40:15 pm »

((My mistake, I shouldn't have said "everyone".  Meant only people who willingly shared their views, but eh, it doesn't seem to matter.))

Okay, not actually gonna make any action here, just gonna clarify some things.  Firstly, why are Saint's rolls at +1?  Is it because we're using the old system, where it took three levels to get +1?  If so, can I redo my stats?

Secondly, why did Saint move?  He should be sitting motionless in the ship, preferably with invisibilty turned on (though I didn't say that second part, my bad).

Thirdly, why does not seeing any vermin necessarily mean Saint can't MC them?  The point of them was that they're everywhere, on all the roofs and on all the trees.  As long as you know the location of a roof, you can assume there's several vermin on it, and therefore know their approximate location.  Is that too imprecise in your interpretation?

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #667 on: February 23, 2017, 05:22:29 pm »

"Oh, hello there! Don't mind us, just some HMRC sent on a little 'black op', so to speak. It will probably be for the best if you do not resist. I'm not going to hurt you."

Give the man a big, suffocating hug. If he persists in screaming, sedate. Block ser jak from shooting him with my body.

On radio, to everyone:
"Hey, I'd appreciate if you all stopped doing whatever you did to make this guy panic. Just gives our position away for no benefit."
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #668 on: February 23, 2017, 05:27:34 pm »

Over radio
"I ask him prithee'd to giveth forth his knowldedge...He giveth forth unto me great disgrace and insults!""
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Sig-texts!

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #669 on: February 23, 2017, 05:31:36 pm »

On radio:
"Screw your honor, I would like to not fight an amper to his face today. Have you no subtlety at all?"
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #670 on: February 23, 2017, 05:38:27 pm »

On radio
"I am a large sir in advanc'd armeth'r with strange armaments in a town quarden'd by fences block'd off and did surround by soldi'rs. How wast any of this suble to behin with thee twat?"
GENERATION 31:
Sig-texts!

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #671 on: February 24, 2017, 12:15:53 am »

((My mistake, I shouldn't have said "everyone".  Meant only people who willingly shared their views, but eh, it doesn't seem to matter.))

Okay, not actually gonna make any action here, just gonna clarify some things.  Firstly, why are Saint's rolls at +1?  Is it because we're using the old system, where it took three levels to get +1?  If so, can I redo my stats?

Secondly, why did Saint move?  He should be sitting motionless in the ship, preferably with invisibilty turned on (though I didn't say that second part, my bad).

Thirdly, why does not seeing any vermin necessarily mean Saint can't MC them?  The point of them was that they're everywhere, on all the roofs and on all the trees.  As long as you know the location of a roof, you can assume there's several vermin on it, and therefore know their approximate location.  Is that too imprecise in your interpretation?
1. In old system if you had 0 points at skill, you would get -1 for your roll. This could be counter acted by professions which would give +1, effectively giving no bonus. Your exotic is at skill level +2 with 0 points. -1 is countered by one skill level, which leaves you with one unaccounted skill level, which I figured to roughly turn into a roll bonus because why the hell not.
2. On what ship? And do you want to be alone here? Sure, if that's what you want, but I figured nobody would want to split up here for no reason.
3. With amps it is important to understand location of target relative to you. Your own eyes are useless, and nobody else have good enough view to roofs on other side of the village. That's why.
Old sigs.
Games.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #672 on: February 24, 2017, 03:22:16 pm »

hang up the phone. If someone's on the line then try to mimic the old mans voice and calm whoever is on the line down.

[Snatch phone dex 6-1] Utilizing the moment of suprise you sprint forward with motion defying your physical abilities snatching the phone from his frozen hands. You swirl behind him with a swift motion and pressing crystalline projector on his back, your dragon coat fluttering in the wind.

"Tut-tut," you say while hanging the call and unpowering phone, "that's not how you play this game. No running, no calling."

Quote from: Lyra to Team
UE active, several times, unknown spot.
I continue to wait, hoping to get a better feel for where the activity is coming from, and vainly hoping my team causes as little unecessary destruction and distractions as possible.

Actually, considering the chaos my team is causing, are there any chokepoints out of here? isn't it barricaded off? Any shuttles or other means of escape for the UE that might be worth guarding?

It's endess stream of paranormal activity here. If you had to pick direction, you would point towards... well, you have no clue which way you should point. Might as well throw a stick and see which way it falls.

[Potential escapes mind: 3] This is a tiny village caged with a laser fence. Nobody is getting in or out. Sure, one could fly, but as far as you know, the UE doesn't have any flight equipment and this village certainly doesn't have any either. So he's pretty much locked in the cage with you. Or you are locked in with him, depending how you want to view the situation.

If I spot the old man running away from his house, quietly try to knock him out using the broad side of the inactivated naginata. Don't kill, just KO him.

Trier pretty much got situation handled in very professional manner, although the man is still conscious. Wanna still knock him out?

Get the weapon, and cursenthe man for his dishknor and lack of chivalry, maybe find a rock or something to toss at the back of his legs using suit exo skeleton because nothing spells fun like crippiling a man with a pebble! Then go search his house
"Thou art but a coward deserving of pain! May there be'th a up'n thine soul!"

Old man is currently manhandled by Trier. No need to get unnecessarily violent.

The house is two floor building, not terribly large. Entire ground floor is very homely, on walls are photos of the man and other people, presumably his wife, children and grandchildren. Bedroom in upstairs has a double bed and closets contains set of clothes for man and woman. It's fairly clear the man doesn't live alone, but you can't find where the other person might be. As for anything useable, most useful thing you find is knives in kitchen.

"Oh, hello there! Don't mind us, just some HMRC sent on a little 'black op', so to speak. It will probably be for the best if you do not resist. I'm not going to hurt you."

Give the man a big, suffocating hug. If he persists in screaming, sedate. Block ser jak from shooting him with my body.

On radio, to everyone:
"Hey, I'd appreciate if you all stopped doing whatever you did to make this guy panic. Just gives our position away for no benefit."

Old man doesn't take approach of a tentacle monster very well. He screams, falls on his knees and begs you to spare him. "Shh, be quiet" you whisper as you give him tentacle hug.

[Administer medicine: 6-2] Wiht your free tentacle you stab the knock out syringe into his neck and inject medicine into his circulatory system. He's out in five seconds. You let him fall on to ground.

[Xael dodge dex: 5-1] A moment later he twitches and springs up, his arms reaching for your gauss pistol. You push yourself out of the way and observe his blank expression.
Old sigs.
Games.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #673 on: February 24, 2017, 03:49:47 pm »

Take the knives and go knock on the door of the next house with no lights on.
GENERATION 31:
Sig-texts!

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #674 on: February 24, 2017, 03:51:04 pm »

I wait for something more concrete. I need to narrow down a general direction at least. for now I just don't want to move, don't want to be noticed.
probably making distributed minor changes to many targets. guessing increasing aggression and fear responses since we're causing terror anyway, trying to make everyone and everything attack us, maybe gathering data about us. I need to stay unnoticed.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 49