Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Next fight?

Replay Mission 5 (Serial Mind Control)
- 3 (42.9%)
Einsteinian Roulette (Few centuries before Mission 1)
- 4 (57.1%)
Something else. Post your idea.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 49

Author Topic: [FANGAME] Reliving past: Everybody vs Miyamoto, Take 2  (Read 87330 times)

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
Re: [FANGAME] Reliving past: Serial Mind Control
« Reply #675 on: February 24, 2017, 06:06:18 pm »

Use chem thrower loaded with sticky goop to stick 'm to the floor. Try to stay out of his field of view if possible.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #676 on: February 24, 2017, 09:43:12 pm »

1. So, you decided to use a weird fusion of both old and new systems, without explaining this to anyone, despite it making significant changes to their capability?  Ah well, I suppose I care about systems and numbers more than most.  Can I redo my levelups, now that I actually know what I'm doing?

2. I failed my reading comprehension, for some reason I visualized our entry vehicle being left inside the fence.  That... actually probably helps, come to think of it.

3. Understood.

For now, stand unmoving, with my invisibility cloak active (Saint would have turned it on while still inside the van).  Only action is to try and fix one of my cameras to show a normal view, without transmitting that to anyone at all.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #677 on: February 26, 2017, 12:19:02 pm »

Take the knives and go knock on the door of the next house with no lights on.

You grab four knives used for chopping and preparing meat, none longer than your forearm. Not really weapons grade knives, but everything is a weapon if you are brave enough.

Ignoring fight happening right outside the house you proceed to closest dark building. That would be number 5. One story building, flat rooftop, meticulously maintained front yard.

I wait for something more concrete. I need to narrow down a general direction at least. for now I just don't want to move, don't want to be noticed.
probably making distributed minor changes to many targets. guessing increasing aggression and fear responses since we're causing terror anyway, trying to make everyone and everything attack us, maybe gathering data about us. I need to stay unnoticed.

((Explanation for my decision here: Haber's Implant requires some skill in exotic weapons. However how the item is described, (The connection doesn't manifest consciously, but rather subconsciously; it grants the user a form of 6th sense, a powerful form of intuition), it doesn't make sense to roll exo because this thing cannot be used consicously, it's not a skill. That's why I'm using Intuition to roll for, as mentioned in description. I have no idea if that's how piecewise planned it, but that's what makes sense in my head.))

[Pinpointing 6th sense Intu: 1] It's Saint Steve. It has to be. He somehow got his own cameras to display on your wristpad, which is weird. In addition he got Organochemistry Overrider Amp, the same thing urban executors use. Coincidence? I think not. The target is piggybacking Saint, wait no, Saint must be already dead, it's the man himself posing as Saint! That's why he's hanging behind! How terrifyingly clever enemy! He took first strike and nobody noticed!

Use chem thrower loaded with sticky goop to stick 'm to the floor. Try to stay out of his field of view if possible.

You switch sticky goop on, flourish your coat and fire your load from high above.

[Con: 2+2] One carefully aimed squirt coats old man's legs in goop, gluing him on the spot. Old man flails around, trying futilely reach for Xael.

1. So, you decided to use a weird fusion of both old and new systems, without explaining this to anyone, despite it making significant changes to their capability?  Ah well, I suppose I care about systems and numbers more than most.  Can I redo my levelups, now that I actually know what I'm doing?

2. I failed my reading comprehension, for some reason I visualized our entry vehicle being left inside the fence.  That... actually probably helps, come to think of it.

3. Understood.

For now, stand unmoving, with my invisibility cloak active (Saint would have turned it on while still inside the van).  Only action is to try and fix one of my cameras to show a normal view, without transmitting that to anyone at all.

1. I suppose yeah. I said I would use old system, but I only have modern sheets, so a compromise had to be done. I care more about the game than the system. Go for it.

I forgot you have Haber's Implant too. Shit's happening, says your robo guts.

[Fix aux: 2+1] You get the camera on back of your head back to it's normal function and stop streaming it's feed to everyone.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #678 on: February 26, 2017, 01:01:52 pm »

((Lyra has a +1 in intu, roll should be 1+1 = 2, so complete failure, but not an epic failure.))
« Last Edit: February 26, 2017, 01:38:01 pm by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #679 on: February 26, 2017, 01:14:29 pm »

Walk through his yard like a jack ass to the door then knock on the door and introduce thine self in a most satisfactory method befitting a noble lord.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2017, 08:05:34 pm by spazyak »
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #680 on: February 26, 2017, 02:21:21 pm »

((Lyra has a +1 in intu, roll should be 1+1 = 2, so complete failure, but not an epic failure.))

Modern skill levels do no translante directly into roll bonuses. You have 5 points in Intu. Under old system it gives you 1/3 chance for +1.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #681 on: February 26, 2017, 02:27:30 pm »

Last turn's action was a passive *wait for more information* action. why was intu actively rolled? will intu be rolled every single turn?

((Am resisting this most recent turn primarilly because Lyra WILL actively attempt to murder Saint, using his camera feed to guide her aim, as a result of the roll given. And Lenglon does not want to do that. however, the above objection is still valid.))
« Last Edit: February 26, 2017, 02:29:14 pm by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #682 on: February 26, 2017, 02:54:13 pm »

"You might wanna put a bag over his head and maybe gag him too, prevent the enemy from using him at all." Miya radios to Xael.

Use cameyes to look through the windows in the house to check if anyone else is in there.

Then sneak over to house 4 (stay to the east/right of the houses) and again check if anyone's in there.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #683 on: February 26, 2017, 07:56:21 pm »

Saint will carefully (and slowly) walk backwards down the road, towards the town, invisibility active.  He will stop on the edge of the road that is directly south of the second brown square's westernmost corner (It isn't a house, to my understanding, so unsure what else to call it).

Once moved, he'll use the third program on his tablet, which uses MK suit system access to automatically triangulate the positions of all linked systems (in this case, the ones he hacked), and highlight the positions and distances of allies on his HUD, even through obstacles.  I assume (...and hope) that since this a completely pre-written program he made before the mission, it doesn't require an AUX roll to activate.

Oh, and here's the revised statblock:

Spoiler: Saint's Statblock (click to show/hide)

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #684 on: February 26, 2017, 08:04:28 pm »

Start cycling through my enacted eyes, seeing if there is anything lurking in the dark.
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #685 on: February 27, 2017, 03:07:43 am »

Last turn's action was a passive *wait for more information* action. why was intu actively rolled? will intu be rolled every single turn?

((Am resisting this most recent turn primarilly because Lyra WILL actively attempt to murder Saint, using his camera feed to guide her aim, as a result of the roll given. And Lenglon does not want to do that. however, the above objection is still valid.))

No, it was active "decipher more information from basically nothing" ("I need to narrow down a general direction" to quote). As far as I can tell Haber's Implant doesn't tell directly what's going on, but rather grants a gut feeling of sorts. Useless for deciphering fine details. This is previously unexplored territory, so I make up rules as we go. Also consider this: "The user can, however, become an unwitting conduit for these forces, as the implant makes them vulnerable to such things."
Old sigs.
Games.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #686 on: February 27, 2017, 03:53:50 am »

No, it was active "decipher more information from basically nothing" ("I need to narrow down a general direction" to quote).
((You took that quote completely out of context.))
« Last Edit: February 27, 2017, 10:33:53 am by Lenglon »

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #687 on: February 27, 2017, 04:28:26 am »

((If I understand things right, I now have a straight +4 to the roll for uncon.

I can't wait to use my manip and explode everything  :D ))

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #688 on: February 28, 2017, 12:36:53 pm »

Walk through his yard like a jack ass to the door then knock on the door and introduce thine self in a most satisfactory method befitting a noble lord.

You knock the door politely, shouting most self righteous introduciton you can muster. There's no reaction. Somebody peers from windows in house #1 on other side of the road.

"You might wanna put a bag over his head and maybe gag him too, prevent the enemy from using him at all." Miya radios to Xael.

Use cameyes to look through the windows in the house to check if anyone else is in there.

Then sneak over to house 4 (stay to the east/right of the houses) and again check if anyone's in there.

You are pretty sure #3 is empty. Pretty sure.

X-Ray works best for the next house. There's four people in and a dog. Two adults, and probably two preteens. Younger ones are in upstairs while adults and dog are downstairs, most likely watching TV. You can hear music inside.

Saint will carefully (and slowly) walk backwards down the road, towards the town, invisibility active.  He will stop on the edge of the road that is directly south of the second brown square's westernmost corner (It isn't a house, to my understanding, so unsure what else to call it).

Once moved, he'll use the third program on his tablet, which uses MK suit system access to automatically triangulate the positions of all linked systems (in this case, the ones he hacked), and highlight the positions and distances of allies on his HUD, even through obstacles.  I assume (...and hope) that since this a completely pre-written program he made before the mission, it doesn't require an AUX roll to activate.

Oh, and here's the revised statblock:

Spoiler: Saint's Statblock (click to show/hide)

I'm assuming you mean to stop somewhere between #7 and #2, because all brown squares are houses or sheds connected to one. I don't recall such handy program, so aux roll it is.

[Aux 1+1] Eh, hmm, how to math? Is this... What? Your thoughts runs in circles around the problem.

Start cycling through my enacted eyes, seeing if there is anything lurking in the dark.

Other than old man flailing in sticky goop and robot walking past you? Nothing much. Suprisingly large number of birds flying around considering the time.

((If I understand things right, I now have a straight +4 to the roll for uncon.

I can't wait to use my manip and explode everything  :D ))

Nah, it's only +3. Not that it really makes anything better for anyone.
Old sigs.
Games.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #689 on: February 28, 2017, 01:31:06 pm »

"House three seems clear. House four has four people in it, fittingly. Oh, and a dog. Whoever enters that house tell me what breed it is."

Proceed to silently inspect the next houses as well.

Nah, it's only +3. Not that it really makes anything better for anyone.
((Ah, so only half the city will melt in technomagical fire, gotcha.))

Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 49