Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Next fight?

Replay Mission 5 (Serial Mind Control)
- 3 (42.9%)
Einsteinian Roulette (Few centuries before Mission 1)
- 4 (57.1%)
Something else. Post your idea.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49]

Author Topic: [FANGAME] Reliving past: Everybody vs Miyamoto, Take 2  (Read 86025 times)

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
Re: [FANGAME] Reliving past: Everybody vs Miyamoto, Take 2
« Reply #720 on: March 08, 2017, 01:13:51 pm »

((While it isn't exactly unexpected, I do find it strange there wasn't even a roll involved, manip overloads are usually triggered on very low or extremely high rolls iirc. And I'd argue Miya has quite a bit more mindpoints to burn on difficult actions (hell, I've gotten away with things that were more strenuous) but eh, let's watch the fireworks.))

Some men just want to watch the world burn.

If you look around you'll find out that neither Stacy nor Nick got rolls either, and they had specialized manips. Yours is universal, which makes everything even harder. Volume you are manipulating is roughly somewhere around 36000 m3. Much more than Stacy's frozen tunnel. I don't think you have done ever anything more strenous.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2017, 01:18:14 pm by AoshimaMichio »
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #721 on: March 08, 2017, 01:51:51 pm »

:"Heads up, glorious leader is losing his shit. I'd recommend getting out. UE probably won't survive this anyway."

Make my way to the Laser Pylon on the opposite side. Destroy it using microwave amp. Keep heading in opposite direction.
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #722 on: March 08, 2017, 02:06:20 pm »

((Yeah, I created a large moving forcewall for catching projectiles before, this is sort of the same but for pushing dirt instead of catching high speed metal. I can't find that specific example, but I did find this: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=108083.msg5259156#msg5259156 (look for the three or so pw posts after this to see the entire thing)
Where I made a large forcewall to shield and focus in a nuclear detonation (also made with the manip at the same time) and while strenuous, it didn't even cause a headache.

Either way, as I said, I'm content watching the world burn instead of trying to fix things for a change, so it's up to you. Do whatever you think is funniest.))

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #723 on: March 08, 2017, 03:15:09 pm »

Welp guess I'll have to wait for waiking up...ah well
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #724 on: March 08, 2017, 07:56:13 pm »

Yeah, most of those rodents don't matter--release all but one of them if they're difficult to maintain and that wouldn't provoke a roll.  Have one fly down to Saint and land on his head to act as eyes (so he doesn't have to aux roll to see properly), and then flee the area immediately.

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #725 on: March 08, 2017, 08:53:48 pm »

Run the duck away from the avatar.
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #726 on: March 09, 2017, 03:49:13 pm »

:"Heads up, glorious leader is losing his shit. I'd recommend getting out. UE probably won't survive this anyway."

Make my way to the Laser Pylon on the opposite side. Destroy it using microwave amp. Keep heading in opposite direction.

Opposite side? As in southeast where Jackson flew to? It just happens the Avatar is pretty much exactly between you and that pylon. Closest pylon which is directly away from Avatar is northwest and it's already broken. So I'm quessing you are running that way.

[Dex: 4-1]
[Avatar Dex: 6+3]
[Avatar Str: 3+3]
[End: 2-1]

You turn around and push away with your tentacles, but you before you manage to move more than a meter Avatar of War is already showing its foot into your ass. Its foot is very large and it uses extreme amount of force, which means your body is squashed flat against its legs and then launched into atmosphere like rain of red paste. Blessings on your damned soul.

> All right, change of plan. Try to run away as fast and far as possible. I'll send shuttles to pick you up afterwards if you are still alive.

Welp guess I'll have to wait for waiking up...ah well

[End: 1] You could consider yourself lucky. At least you won't see death coming.

Yeah, most of those rodents don't matter--release all but one of them if they're difficult to maintain and that wouldn't provoke a roll.  Have one fly down to Saint and land on his head to act as eyes (so he doesn't have to aux roll to see properly), and then flee the area immediately.

Hmm...

[Rolling...]

Right. Being smart man you begin immediate de-assing from the area. And being smart and (partially) invisible you don't even invite ire of blood lusting Avatar. Using birds on sky and one on your head you run as fast as your robot legs lets you, which frankly doesn't feel anywhere fast enough. Considering the amount of damage unleashed Avatar can cause, you feel like a snail on highway.

Haber's Implant tells you something very murderous is happening.

Run the duck away from the avatar.

Hearing the roar it lets out you stop having catfight with the lady and instead push her aside and charge right through the house, jumping through glass window on the other side and keep sprinting west a little while before correcting course to northward.

Back in the village lights go out around center and at least one building collapses. Windows shatter under rapidly growing pressure, support beams start bending sideways, and paintings fall from walls.

As usual, this mission went downhill really fast. The only one with any real chance to get away is unconscious in area where people are dying. Wanna keep running/rolling or do we drop tungsten rocks and see what stays up?
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #727 on: March 09, 2017, 05:56:38 pm »

((Does Miyamoto still have his manipulator or is he more helpless than a damsel in distress?))

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #728 on: March 09, 2017, 06:40:23 pm »

((Does Miyamoto still have his manipulator or is he more helpless than a damsel in distress?))

Miyamoto's dead, yo. Melted himself with the manip.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #729 on: March 10, 2017, 04:12:27 am »

((Oh, I was reading in a hurry and I thought he had just severed his connection with the avatar. Which would also be quite funny, since he'd be forced to listen to everyone dying and cursing him with no control over the situation.))

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
Old sigs.
Games.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #732 on: March 17, 2017, 01:03:18 pm »

[Lyra End: 1]
[Jackson End: 4]

Lyra doesn't get away from gravity crush, despite of her light weight, and falls with the building she's perching on. She ends up being perforated by debris and crushed with it. Jackson on the other hand wakes up before gravity becomes unbearable and uses his rockets to get out of area of effect. He's a bit winded though. Being between Avatar and laser fence his changes to get out undetected and unharmed are rather low. True enough, as soon as he soars up to sky to avoid being sliced by lasers Avatar spots him and melts his armor in midflight. It would be nasty way to go if it didn't fry his brains equally fast.

Trier and Steve Saint manage to escape Avatar's attention while it is having murder fest in the village. Who knows what happened to the UE guy, but he certainly couldn't escape few tons tungsten rods falling down on Avatar with his presumably meager armor. Not that our survivors have really anything meaningfully better.

[Trier End: 4+1]
[Steve End: 6]

The rod of heavens comes down a little bit faster than it came for STAN. The shockwave travels on ground knocking them both out of balance. Then comes rest of the bad shit; massive air shockwave shatters Trier's bones and liquefies most of his meaty bits. Following heatwave doesn't do much, but sideways flying debris does sever his head from his body. His brain however survives mostly undamaged, which is great. Probably.
Steve Saint takes shockwaves and heat like a champ, but likewise falls victim to sideways raining rubble. His body gets trashed very badly and his brain case takes few glancing blows giving him some brain damage, but stays in revivable form. Good for him.

The Avatar however doesn't give a shit about little divine punishment.

It really sucks to live in Endive Colonies.
Old sigs.
Games.
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49]