Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 40

Author Topic: Roll to Survive the Game Master's Whimsy  (Read 30192 times)

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
Roll to Survive the Game Master's Whimsy
« on: April 11, 2015, 01:51:44 pm »

Roll to Survive the Game Master's Whimsy!!!

One of these days I'm going to make something utterly epic here. I still think I need practice. So...

Roll to Survive the Game Master's Whimsy!

For my practice, I'm starting a six-player RTD called Roll to Survive the Game Master's Whimsy. If you don't know what it's about... check out the title again. You... Roll to Survive the Game Master's Whimsy! And if it wasn't obvious, I am the Game Master.

Semi-Minimalist in comparison to some games... somewhat around the realm of Multiworld Madness' roll system. More or less. You Roll to Survive My Whimsy. I'll be using chunky salsa and my whimsy to calculate damage and whatnot.
And here's the sign up sheet:

Name: Pretty straightforward.
Appearance: Optional. But you should do it. This describes how your character looks.
Class: And this is the most important bit: your main means of survival. What you choose for this influences the Actives, Passives, and Starting Inventory you get, plus what you get when you Level Up.

If you would like to go against the other players... send me a PM sign up sheet and add the words Fallacy of the other player's existence to the end. I may or may not take you on if you do this, whereas I will definitely take you if you are one of the first six to sign up normally.

Note that this game is governed by my Whimsy. Note that if you happen to be Derm my Whimsy will target you in diabolical manners.

Have fun, and good luck. You'll need it.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Survive the Game Master's Whimsy
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2015, 01:57:37 pm »

Name: Blitz
Appearance: A pink blob with limbs, wearing what appears to be shoes on it's 'feet'. It has 2 thin, long eyes that somehow shine no matter what at the top right corner and a mouth that leads into... Something. Also has some very tiny holes on both sides of his head which function as ears.
Class: Copycat.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2015, 02:11:23 pm by BlitzDungeoneer »
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2015, 02:04:12 pm »

Oh, fine. Accepted, but beware of my Whimsy. Might make you an actual cat...  ;)

I'll use this post as the post for characters, dead, and waitlist.

Current Character List:
Name: Blitz
Appearance: A pink blob with limbs, wearing what appears to be shoes on it's 'feet'. It has 2 thin, long eyes that somehow shine no matter what at the top right corner and a mouth that leads into... Something. Also has some very tiny holes on both sides of his head which function as ears. (nice catch. deaf would have been a good Negative Passive.)
Class: Level Two Copycat.
Active: Copy: Gains an ability from a target temporarily, lasts 2 turns, cooldown 3 turns.
Passive: Cuteness: +1 to diplomacy with children.
Passive: Absolute Zero: You can use frost magic without penalty, while you are mortally wounded.
Malus Passive: Nemesis: Every 12 turns while you are alive your party is attacked by King Dedede.
Inventory: Large Copper Dagger, slightly cut shoulder. Pain numbed by wine. Headache(-1 to actions next turn).

NAME:Sir Notspyxeno
APPEARANCE: DEFINITELY NOT A SCYTHER, TOTALLY A HUNAM.
CLASS: Level Two NOTALIENSPY.
Active: This is my name: Sir Notspyxeno! Confuses target sentient being, they lose next action. Cooldown 3 turns.
Frost Magic Potential: ???
Passive: Not an alien spy: +1 to diplomacy with humans if there are known to be aliens in the current area. Subject to definition by me.
Passive: Pistol Power: +1 to damage roll with handgun shots.
Malus Passive: Against Aliens: Aliens hate your everything. They are always automatically hostile towards you.
Inventory: Slightly Ripped Government Issued Suit, Semi-Automatic Handgun with 9 rounds. On floor, has book. Ender's Game.

Name: Lahaco
Appearance: Literally a walking Large Hadron Collider
Class: Level One Large Hadron Collider.
Active: Zap!: Electrocute your target with faulty discharge, 2 turn cooldown. Spend between one and three Charge inclusive for this attack, +1 to damage for each charge beyond one spent.
Active: Conjure Matter: Conjure matter of some sort, 4 turn cooldown. Spend four Charge for this, you can also spend up to 2 extra for a +1 to this for each Charge spent. Cannot currently be used.
Passive: Embodiment of Experimental Machinery: +2 to using highly advanced technology while at least half charged.
Active: Overcharge Cannon: Spend 6 Charge to fire the OverCharge Cannon. This is incredibly powerful and as such has a 7 turn cooldown. You can spend up to six extra Charge on this to gain a +1 to damage for each spent. This naturally has a +3 to hit because of its sheer immensity, but you may hit allies also. Firing the Overcharge Cannon means you get a -x/2 to all actions the next turn, where x is the amount of extra charge spent.
Charge: 10/10: Spend Charge for your abilities. If you have no Charge, or less than no Charge, you are incapable of action until you reCharge. You gain one charge back per turn, due to your built in fusion reactor.
Passive: Super Sensors: Suffice it to say that your sensors are good.
Malus Passive: Definitely a Machine: You are a machine. BTTZZZZ... crunch... sizzle.
Inventory: Plans in mind for a Perpetual Motion Coffee Machine, Perpetual Motion Coffee Generator made from left leg. Notes about not using legs for construction (you won't use your legs in construction), outside of a large hole. Energy Harpoon Minigun, spend Charge up to three inclusive to launch that many attacks with +1 to damage. Medi-Ray: spend 2 Charge to heal someone.

Name: Jase Bladeheart
Gender: So masculine it isn't funny. So not funny it's hilarious
Appearance: An incredibly macho elf with brown hair, blue eyes, and muscles. His pores ooze pure testosterone.
Class: Level One Axemaster Cleric
Active: Leaping Axe Strike: Attack a target by leaping into the air, bringing your axe down upon them. -3 to hit target due to inherit inaccuracy in leaping like this, but +3 to the damage dealt. 4 turn cooldown. Cooling down for one more turns.
Active: Axe Flash: Attack somebody with an axe in melee, they get -2 to dodge because of the blast of light your axe gives off. 3 turn cooldown.
Passive: Cleric Axemaster(0/3): +2 to using battle axes in combat. After dealing damage, gain an Axe Counter. You can spend three Axe Counters to heal someone at +2.
Malus Passive: Hippy Elf: -3 to harming nature.
Malus Passive: He who walks the path of the axe(2/6): You must kill something significant every 6 turns at least, or be punished. By punished, I mean divinely punished.
Inventory: Axe Cleric Elf Garments, ++Steel Axe++: +2 to axe durability. Drillified stomach with Reroll Coin inside. Glowy.

Name: Johnny Nahmates
Appearance: A deer with dancing shoes and purple trousers on, he also has ALOT of needles in him but he has become immune to the effects and now uses his body to story the lethal needles of heroin. It said he never talks but instead uses INTERPRATIVE dance to convey messages. He has a pair of working arms instead of antlers.
Class: heroin immune deer that uses interprative dance and has arm antlers... lets just call him a Level One Somewhat Mad Mutant Deer
Active: Crazed Dancing Deer Crazy Dance: Roll to Cause Confusion! 4 turn cooldown.
Passive: Crazed Deer: +2 to dodging melee attacks.
Malus Passive: Mute Dancer: You cannot communicate in words when it comes to communicating with people. You must describe a dance, which they must interpret. Go ahead when talking to deer...
Bonus Malus Passive: Monstrosity: Forest creatures hate your everything.
Inventory: Hold Slots: Steel Shortsword, Empty. Feeling green. Is hated by all female deer within a few hundred miles.

Name: The Burning Night
Appearance: his red hair and eyes shine in the night, while his black cloak seems to drain light.  He uses magical attacks and sword skill to fight.
Class: Mystic swordsman, (if you want more detail) , a quick moving swordsman who uses magic attacks (like fireballs for instance) and also may use magic to charge his blade with power. Hereby decreed by me to be a Level One Blazing Knight.
Active: Flame Sword Slash: Make a special sword slash attack with a +2 to damage that deals flame damage. Cost: 2 Mana. Cooldown 4 turns.
Active: Immolation Dodge: After activation, the next melee attack to be made this turn against the user of this technique will have a -2 to hit. Note that the Burning Knight can optionally select an Active Ability which will be used as a counterattack if the attacker fails. Cost: 2 Mana plus mana cost of selected Active Ability. Cooldown 3 turns.
Active: Fireball Thrust: Use your sword in a thrust, creating a ranged fireball. +1 to hit for this attack. Cost: 1 Mana. You can spend 2 additional Mana to add +1 to damage, when using this technique. Cooldown 2 turns.
Mana: 4/5 Note you automatically gain 1 mana per turn if you cast no spells during that turn, or you can devote a turn to meditation to gain 1d6 mana.
Malus Passive: Burnout 1/10: Each mana point you spend gets you a Burnout point. You naturally lose one Burnout point each turn that you cast no spells, but if you reach 11/10 bad things happen. Meditating also removes 1d6 burnout points.
Malus Passive: Chivalrous: You get -2 to hit against fleeing, prone, or otherwise severely disabled enemies.
Unknown Malus Passive(1/10 turns till activation): ???
Inventory: Full Knight Chainmail: +2 to resist slashing damage, -1 to dodge in melee. +Well-Forged Bismuth Bronze Sword+: +1 to sword durability. Off in Flaming Orchard Land.

Spoiler: Waitlist (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Deadlist (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 25, 2015, 03:34:20 pm by FallacyofUrist »
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2015, 02:07:21 pm »

Cats generally aren't blobs.
And have necks and a head. And ears.
Which reminds me. Can I edit my sheet a bit?
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Nidilap

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh boy a Swooooord!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2015, 02:08:10 pm »

Name: Nidilap
Appearance: A sixteen year old lad who found some armor, a Viking helmet, and a sword with "OSHET" on the gaurd. Decided to put em on, and has gone on many adventures.
Class: Tenth.
Nidilap likes Adamantine, Bituminous Coal, Garnets, Cats for their aloofness, Dwarves for their stupidity, and Swords for their Spikes and edges. When possible, he prefers to eat pizza, ramen noodles, and sushi. He absolutely detests elves and spiders. He needs MTN DEW to get through the working day.

A medium- sized creature prone to great ambition, but only when he feels like it.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2015, 02:09:10 pm »

Name: Nidilap
Appearance: A sixteen year old lad who found some armor, a Viking helmet, and a sword with "OSHET" on the gaurd. Decided to put em on, and has gone on many adventures.
Class: Tenth.
I see you've done what I did.
Amusing.

poketwo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2015, 02:09:32 pm »

NAME:Sir Notspyxeno

APPEARANCE: DEFINITELY NOT A SCYTHER, TOTALLY A HUNAM.

CLASS: NOTALIENSPY.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2015, 02:10:15 pm »

Go for it, Blitz, but if you make your class too much like Kirby there will probably be an extra mini-boss. Accepted Nidilap. Oh wow, ninjad. So much ninjaing. Accepted poketwo.
Generic Arms Race.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2015, 02:11:48 pm »

Name: Lahaco
Appearance: Literally a walking Large Hadron Collider
Class: Large Hadron Collider.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2015, 02:12:07 pm »

Actually, I was just editing his appearance a bit. Needed to make sure he can hear. Might've screwed me over otherwise.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2015, 02:13:54 pm »

And accepted Kevak.
Generic Arms Race.

poketwo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2015, 02:14:45 pm »

Gm, you seem not as bad rtder as some other newbs that are popping up.

So I hope this rtd is quite excellent, since the last time I tried that character the game had stopped a few updates in. It wasn't an RTD though.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2015, 02:15:39 pm »

I've had some small experience on a different forum... plus I've been lurking on these forums for multiple years.
Generic Arms Race.

poketwo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2015, 02:16:28 pm »

Good, which other forum did you have experience in? I would want to know.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2015, 02:17:04 pm »

By the way, poketwo, a question.
What the actual fuck is a hunam?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 40