Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Karma Kitten  (Read 1476 times)

UltraMagnus

• Bay Watcher
  • More than meets the eye
    • View Profile
Karma Kitten
« on: April 26, 2015, 06:25:30 pm »

My recent fortress is in a pleasant valley, near some humans and dwarves, but with no elves in the nearby forest and resources aplenty.
Life was good in Timnaroltar, until an Ettin (whatever the fuck that is) decided to rear its ugly heads.

The Ettin was skipping along the northern swamps bashing adders until it came a little too close for comfort. My fortress is home to all sorts of life, and welcomes any creature, so naturally it was in my best intentions to lure the monster into the flood chamber foyer and push it into a pit welcome it into the fort with open arms. The problem was that a sweet little kitty cat was running around the outer wall. The kitten, a baby cat that couldn't fend for itself, ran past the gathering military and into the swamp to play with the big playmate. It was then that the monster revealed its true colors and picked up the kitten and threw it, then started biting its paws off, leaving the kitten to die after shaking it by its paw and having it be torn off.

Unfortunately, the military witnessed the cruel and unusual punishment for the sweet baby animal for the simple crime of existing, so when they finally caught up to the beast, no expense was spared to enact just deserts. The beast bullied and killed a baby that couldn't defend itself, so the dwarves saw fit to circle the beast and start a good ol' fashioned mugging.

As you can see by the position of the dwarves (which had entered from the south) compared to the beast, it has realized its grave mistake of slaughtering the innocent fluffball and tried to crawl away. Unfortunately for it (and at the pleasure of my justice boner), the dwarves were all too hesitant to end the pathetic brute's life, instead letting their rage get the better of them. These dwarves are equipped with weapons (and, according to some reports against wild boars, know how to use them), and have not had a chance to drop them in combat, but strangely enough choose to punch and kick the humanoid even as it lays on the ground broken and bleeding...

With one of them literally punching the monster's dick off.

Literally every part of the beast is damaged, with its spine and legs broken and heart and lungs with function loss. Even the eyelids have been cut open.

I suppose its time to call off the military and let the thing crawl to my gate to be eaten by dogs.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2015, 06:36:30 pm by UltraMagnus »

Chaoseed

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Chaoseed Software
Re: Karma Kitten
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2015, 06:35:19 pm »

...I knew the DF combat system was robust, but...gelding blow? :o
Surprisepalace! Overseers wanted!
But they never would have given up either. And compared to sitting around in this prison for the rest of my life? Losing is fun.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2015, 07:32:56 pm »

...I knew the DF combat system was robust, but...gelding blow? :o
Yeah, that was an easter egg placed in the game with the gelding mechanics that were implemented a while back.  Hits to the lower body have a small chance of gelding the target.

hyperbard

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2015, 02:33:09 am »

Yow.  I just recently saw my husband squirm when someone got "interrupted by Gelder."  I've never seen the "gelding blow" either though; that's quite an addition!