Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: Why there is no DF Patreon?  (Read 15500 times)

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Why there is no DF Patreon?
« Reply #60 on: June 04, 2015, 09:26:30 am »

It reached 3000 $ today ! Which is good, after 1 month and a half.
A month and a half with no releases. The benefit of Patreon is largely in donor retention/repetition, and as a platform, it tends to most greatly reward those who put out products. On top of that, Toady normally sees a donation spike in release months. Taking that into account, I think it's safe to say we ain't seen nothing yet.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2015, 07:09:32 pm by Cruxador »

Inarius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 04, 2015, 02:03:22 pm »

Well, for now, it's mostly people who donated in paypal and moved to patreon. I don't think the "new" donations represent more than 500 or 1000$. But, as you said, it's only a beginning.

neblime

• Bay Watcher
  • More GG more skill
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 04, 2015, 06:03:50 pm »

hopefully this will develop like other mature patreons where seemingly absurd amounts are being pledged (in the tens of thousands) which I suspect is largely from people pledging small amounts and never bothering to cancel.
It may take time though
http://i.imgur.com/Gv6I6JO.png
I am quite looking forward to the next 20 or 30 years or so of developmental madness

Inarius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 14, 2019, 04:12:11 am »

A small necro for this topic
Just that : between yesterday and today, donation progressed from 5800 to 6300 $/month !

frightlever

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 14, 2019, 04:31:04 am »

A small necro for this topic
Just that : between yesterday and today, donation progressed from 5800 to 6300 $/month !

Let's be honest, it's hardly surprising, is it? If nothing else the potential Steam release has been on every geek news site.

Inarius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 26, 2019, 06:06:56 pm »

and now, for the first time, 7000$, which makes 1200$ a month in only 2 weeks. But it's stabilizing, now, so in don't think it will increase anymore.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

DG

• Bay Watcher
  • Pull the Lever
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 27, 2019, 01:27:31 am »

Yeah, I managed to catch that one. There have been a few articles lately that I've noticed and it makes me wonder if there are ones that I've missed because I don't really follow games news much. I wonder if Toady will make a list of them on the devlog. He used to do it with certain stories but maybe there are too many recently to bother keeping track of.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 27, 2019, 01:56:41 am »

Yeah, I managed to catch that one. There have been a few articles lately that I've noticed and it makes me wonder if there are ones that I've missed because I don't really follow games news much. I wonder if Toady will make a list of them on the devlog. He used to do it with certain stories but maybe there are too many recently to bother keeping track of.
Most seem to be stored in his Twitter likes list (those that get Tweeted, at least), so should be able to track them down (if you filter out all the cat pics...).

DG

• Bay Watcher
  • Pull the Lever
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 27, 2019, 06:42:04 am »

Ah, okay. Good tip, thanks. I should really check the twitter account more often.

pressureseal

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 10, 2019, 09:21:58 am »

Hello all.  First post here for me.

I would really like to help bay 12 out but would prefer to buy the game than donate.  I would be willing to buy it today on steam for full price even though it won't be released for who knows how long.  If it is an option to pre-sell games on steam I think it could be rewarding as I am sure I am not the only one who thinks this way.

Just throwing that out there, I certainly don't expect bay12 to make this change just for me but I am sure there are many more like me.

I am new here, so if this goes against the spirit of the forum (I at least know commercialization isn't the main focus) feel free to delete my comment!  Cheers.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2019, 09:46:31 am by pressureseal »

Inarius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 10, 2019, 03:40:32 pm »

@pressurseal
Don't worry there is no "bad place" to comment ! What you can do is to play it, first. Playing the game and telling people you like it. If you like it of course !
For now, play it for free. And, once it will be release, then, you'll buy it. If before, you want to donate, well, donate. It's free ! Just do as you want.
Good game !
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]