Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: real world carp attack - no fatalities  (Read 1648 times)

bsod.phantom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
real world carp attack - no fatalities
« on: April 16, 2015, 10:28:19 pm »

Unlike my understanding of prior versions of the game, there was a real world carp attack but there were no fatalities.  The lake apparently did not even change the tile color to red.

Row, row, row — yikes! Asian carp attack WashU rowing team at Creve Coeur Lake or (print version with no ads)

One of the fish smacked him in the side.

“It was like getting punched in the rib cage,” he said.

“There was mostly just a lot of surprise. It was almost comical,” Dever-Harris said.

In the video, the rowing team is seen ducking, dodging and whacking the swarm of slimy attackers.

“The fish was flopping on my legs. It was so slippery that I couldn’t get a grip on it,” ...

No one was injured, and the fish offensive did not scare away any of the freshmen rowers.

I am saddened that I was never (un)fortunate enough to experience the lethal carp in the prior versions.

Kamsko

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: real world carp attack - no fatalities
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2015, 11:04:14 pm »

Unlike my understanding of prior versions of the game, there was a real world carp attack but there were no fatalities.  The lake apparently did not even change the tile color to red.

Row, row, row — yikes! Asian carp attack WashU rowing team at Creve Coeur Lake or (print version with no ads)

One of the fish smacked him in the side.

“It was like getting punched in the rib cage,” he said.

“There was mostly just a lot of surprise. It was almost comical,” Dever-Harris said.

In the video, the rowing team is seen ducking, dodging and whacking the swarm of slimy attackers.

“The fish was flopping on my legs. It was so slippery that I couldn’t get a grip on it,” ...

No one was injured, and the fish offensive did not scare away any of the freshmen rowers.

I am saddened that I was never (un)fortunate enough to experience the lethal carp in the prior versions.

The Carp strikes the Freshman rower in the rib cage shattering the bone and puncturing the right lung.
The Freshman Rower is having trouble breathing
The Freshman Rower Looks sick
The Freshman Rower gives into pain
The Carp strikes the freshman rower in the head, tearing the brain.
Freshman rower has been struck down.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2015, 02:47:17 am »

RealWorld : 1  - DF2014 : 0
:D

I miss all the insanity of past versions, where it was an adventure in itself to get your dwarves securing a part of a river in your embark.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2015, 08:49:12 pm »

Seems implausible, not even a single missing limb?

BoredVirulence

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2015, 10:56:29 am »

Seems implausible, not even a single missing limb?
The real world implementation of the health system must be flawed...