Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: TribalFortress Mod v1.3 [40.24]  (Read 9667 times)

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
Re: TribalFortress Mod v1.3 [40.24]
« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2015, 12:29:08 pm »

Gloves, gauntlets and mittens are fairly complicated garments, and as far as I can tell they simply weren't around 10000 years ago.
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

Stalhansch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2015, 06:03:46 pm »

Gloves, gauntlets and mittens are fairly complicated garments, and as far as I can tell they simply weren't around 10000 years ago.
I'd have to disagree. Tanning skins, weaving cloth and sewing outfits were all done to some skillful degree more than 30 thousand years ago. Shoes and gloves would have existed for quite some time, especially in colder climates. That's not to say they would have been as advanced as they are today, but, I'd wager they still would have been around. Covering one's hands isn't exactly an advanced concept, after all.

MDFification

• Bay Watcher
  • Hammerer at Law
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2015, 07:01:08 am »

I thought you were just doing vanilla DF, but instead of 14th century you play in the stone age?
That was the intention, but, I don't feel simply changing what weapons are made from is enough to justify the theme. I'm going to try and devolve civilisations and creatures prior to what they might have been if you were to retract 9000-10000 years, and a lot can change in that amount of time.

Also, thank you for the information. It is very helpful.

If you wanted to really mess things up, you could have Goblins be the most advanced race at the time (Early bronze age style tech) and give them a less chaotic (but by no means less brutal; most everything could be punishable by execution and society can still be built on slavery) social order. The implication would be that Goblins are, by the 'modern day' in DF, experiencing something of a dark age; society has largely broken down.
You could use societies like the Garamantese or Mesopotamia as a theme.

mangulwort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 02, 2015, 11:10:45 am »

You should add playable kobolds. Since everyone is low tech they might have an advantage!

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 04, 2015, 02:04:42 pm »

You should add playable kobolds. Since everyone is low tech they might have an advantage!

Since there's already a mod that covers them (and has them with the same level of technology as here,) it'd be a bit redundant to do so. Plus them being tiny means they'd still barely have a chance in a fight, especially with no poisons, few traps, etc...
Pages: 1 [2]